just 41 entries...in the Australian Cup

To be honest, it is a hard one to pick why, maybe change of venue, people might say they didnt know it was on, maybe its the end of year, nationals and the masters could have been peoples last event for the year etc.

But the entries were disappointing to say the least, but that didnt prevent Michael and the staff, sponsors, spectators and bowlers from putting on a good tournament. And it will be back in Canberra next year according to Michael, so maybe that will help.

Maybe end of year too close to xmas for some people to pay the entry fee? Could be lots of reasons. No need to make a thread about it IMO.

Congrats to Michael on the win... is there scores online anywhere?

here we go again, wayne you always start these threads but we never see u bowl in anything, but u always first to start a negative thread bout tourney's,

but once again CONGRATS to MICK LITTLE who bowled outstanding during the 15 games matchplay awsome display.and also to stephen cowland who bowled great but fell just short.

but looks odds on favourite to take out the youth event next weekend on this weekends performance.

here we go again, wayne you always start these threads but we never see u bowl in anything, but u always first to start a negative thread bout tourney's,

Should I have said instead that it was a great turnout? Or is the truth verboten in your world?

I bowled that 2001 edition of the the BRUNSWICK AUSTRALIAN CUP and found the event to be a woderful experience, both on and off the lanes. Of course, having 120 entries made it all the more eventful. Maybe we can get back to those participation levels once the game is turned into a sport once again.

wchester said:
Maybe we can get back to those participation levels once the game is turned into a sport once again.
... or when the cost of living in this country stops skyrocketting so it becomes more manageable for individuals to afford the luxury of travel to multiple tournaments.

... or when the cost of living in this country stops skyrocketting so it becomes more manageable for individuals to afford the luxury of travel to multiple tournaments.

I agree the cost of livong skyrocketing is a major reason for declining entries. However if prizefunds kept pace with the cost of living and increasing entry fees. Australian Masters is the prime example. Without more tournament prize funds of this nature, they will continue to decline.

Maybe should make open to over 50's only, probably get at least 90 entries...........he! he!

but once again CONGRATS to MICK LITTLE who bowled outstanding during the 15 games matchplay awsome display.and also to stephen cowland who bowled great but fell just short.

but looks odds on favourite to take out the youth event next weekend on this weekends performance.

Very true

I watched it all day, missed game one and 300 from Brendan Meads
but Michael bowled really well all day
Gotta feel for Stephen Cowland who had 300 , 299 and 260+ shot
at him during matchplay

I would prefer to look at the positive stuff that I saw rather than complain
too much about the numbers, Come on the bowling was great !!

The cost of flights then a hire car, then a Hotel to go to the Illawarra would not help things either, But It is a great centre and it is in good shape now thanks to the hard work of Michael Craig who will be sadly missed when
he goes to the ACT next week

matters
Some people will complain even when good things happen

I think Shayne and a few others will agree with me here... COMMUNICATION is the Key...

YES i also agree that cost of living is a huge factor, but Communication WITH the BOWLERS is everything...You have to make them feel NEEDED AND WANTED...Without BOWLERS (the most important ingredient) you don't have a successful event...

You also need a Tournament Committee headed by a very good Tournament Promoter (non Bias) is the answer to your question...A Team that also doesn't give any one Bowler in the country an advantage every time they step onto the lanes...Up until recent events we could predict the outcome more often that not after looking at the pattern displayed...

These people breed success...If you look at all the successful circuits that were or are running around Australia over the last few years these have either had or still have that in place...

Promote the event, even send personal invitations, talk to the people individually if that what it takes to poach players to play in your event...Sometime you have to beg, borrow and steal to fill your squads...

You have to move ahead of the times...Move faster than the economy, see the changes happening before they happen and have strategies in place to concur that...

About 5 or 6 years ago, TB offered to help Run and Promote the Super Six events (at no cost)...Set up a team to keep the circuit alive, try and help keep events that are now defunct...e.g SA Cup for one...

We were told we weren't required...I am not saying we could have done it better than anyone else, but we were sure willing to give it at try, as we could see participation levels back then declining at a rapid rate...Something needed to change, and it didn't, now look at it...

Wayne i don't believe back in 2001 Tenpin bowling was anymore of a sport than it is now...I just think we had someone promoting the events better than we have in the last few years...e.g Tony Goodwin...

Successful events will breed Numbers just on there own...We need to get back to the basics baby steps at first...

Another one ready to argue but not ready to listen.

Did you bowl?????? Becuase Ghorse did! and well!

And your on the money again Jase. If only the bowlers and the owners where more appreciate of the efforts of these organizers, they may just keep doing the great job that they do. It's a hard thing to do and anyone that has done it would know.

Back
Top Bottom