Junior Nationals report card

U

upyours

Well, the junior nationals have come and gone. I was there watching quite a bit, including all the final weekend.

What I observed was a few "future greats of the game" in the boys division and a very young but talented field in the girls division. The depth of field in the masters finals wasn't what I had hoped for but it still looks good for the future of this great sport in Australia.

Now that's not to say that there weren't any standout bowlers on the distaff side, because indeed there were!
A couple of the females have a bonafide shot at greatness in the future and I'd like to congratulate these young ladies on their dedication and will to win.

Any remarks I made previously were only intended to inspire you to reach for the stars and to give 100% in your effort to prove me wrong. I think it worked.

Congratulations to you all!

Unbelievable. Not one bad word and I must have read it 10 times to be sure. Your comments in "where are tomorrows female bowling stars" were nothing but an attack and that is why it resulted in so many defensive replies. Maybe you should rethink your approach in trying to 'inspire' the children that make up the junior female population by referring to the T.B.A. website, in particular the Sports Psychology page. Its mentality like yours that holds back the sport. I have included the shortcut for you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion I agree. Just rethink your approach next time.
I for one and very proud of the total junior bowling population and there dedication and passion. Have fun with it kids and strive to do your best. No more no less.
http://www.tenpin.org.au/psych/Parents.htm
By the way, this is MY opinion and I am entitled to it.

Scoreggie, Thank you for the link.
Here are a couple of direct quotes from the site:

Be the person in their lives that they can look to for constant support and positive reinforcement. However try to be completely honest about your child’s athletic capacity, competitive attitude, sportspersonship and actual skill level.

Criticism of performance, technique or practice should be left to the coach.

I am not a parent of a bowler, however I am a coach. This is only one of my coaching techniques. Although it is highly controversial, it does work!

upyours

Back
Top Bottom