Is this the Japanese version of the bowling show

I still have the tapes at home of these I dont mind dusting them off every now and then and watcing the old man bowling

The commentators from memory were

Bomber
Terry wenban
Tony Rodrick
Janet Baker
Dana Miller Mackie
Tom Kurie (sorry if i spelt your name wrong tom)
I think the late Allan Atkins did some aswell
and Warren stewart did a little bit aswell

I dont know if we should say Terry was the best commentator we had as i remember very well that in the match between my father and tony rodrick in the 1989 coca cola classic he said that it was a battle of the left handers now terry dad and tony are very very good friends so you would think that terry would know that my old man was a right hander you will never live it down terry we all remember

i will have to go home and have a watch and see how good my memory is

I've seen a tape with your father bowling in it, was about 1982 at the old Olympic Bowl in Canberra.
I'm buggered if I can recall who has/had that tape either, Steve Lovell was on that show and was tearing the bejeezuz out of the racks, your dad and a bloke from here in Hobart named Eddie Edwards.
Old Eddie used to work for B&M Coin Amusements down here and rocked up to the show using an old Manhattan, conventional grip and all!
Put on a spilt shooting exhibition like I've never seen before, I think he picked up five splits in one game. Was only a few years later in the late '80s that he died of a heart attack on Lane 16 at Moonah during a tournament.

I'd love to know who has that tape.... Androoo??

I did have a copy... that year was at the old Canberra Squash Bowl. Eddie was going 5-7 spare, 3-10 spare, 5-8-10 spare... Unfortunately it's on Beta and probably chewed by mice now. From memory... the P & O Cruises... or something.

The following year Alan Coleman made the show which was taped at the newly opened Woden Bowl... That should get a laugh from some of the ACT bowlers :D

They were good shows those Goldpin's - Browns Plains Tenpin Bowl in Brisbane wasn't it? (Is that still around anymore?)

Browns Plains Tenpin isn't around anymore, its now a car yard. I recall the old Coca-Cola's being held at Logan City (or Kingston Bowl as it was known then) and watching a young Carl Bottomley tear up the racks (thats when Carl was considered a cranker) and seeing Tony Roderick running balls out (out of camera range). Ken Sheehan was bowling then as well along with Tom Kury, Alan Atkins, Harry Fryer, Terry Wenban, and Jeanette Baker...JEanette also commentated from what I recall......

I gotta tape of Scott and Matt sitting in the front row behind Harold Fryer v Billy Gardiner, think those 2 have grown a little!!!

I gotta tape of Scott and Matt sitting in the front row behind Harold Fryer v Billy Gardiner, think those 2 have grown a little!!!

Just slightly Adrain is that the one where he came to give me a high five and tripped over the chair

Have a look at this again, then re-read the thread " My thoughts on the state of Bowling in Australia" Maybe work up the right type of TV show - work up something spectacular - unconventional - Made for entertainment, not for sport ( we can sneak that in later ) then on sell it to TV Networks and sponsors. Not easy: Not cheap, but something like this - or nothing. I really believe that.

Back
Top Bottom