Is there a second QLD team invited next year?

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I know that this may seem a little early to be asking seen that this years Rachuig hasn't even been completed yet, but i thought because of the changes for next year we should all know what is that we need to organize incase there is flights to North or South Queensland regarding roll off's for Rachuig Teams of 2007.

Has the Adult committee set guidelines or organized how the roll off will be, and decided how the "Queensland Invitational" team for the Nationals is going to be formed?
Are we all Eligible to roll off or be selected in the invitational team and the Main team?

I seen the Answer to the Youth one and tend to think its not the best option, as i feel that we need to have some sort of set in concrete year after year plan as i am guessing that there is no guarantees that we will have a second QLD team invited every year.
I am led to believe that if we get it right then there is more of a chance of getting an invite year after year.

Anyways just thought i would ask the question and give my thoughts

This brings to bear the age old argument of travelling & accomodation costs (for both nth & sth qld'ers depending on where the qualifying is held) if there is only 1 team selected and one "invited" in the true sense of the word.

As Jase has said I dont think that there are any guarantees that we will have a 2nd QLD team invited every year. But if we have a process in place that can identify how both teams will be put together, we can then show to the national body and we may have a better chance of getting the annual invite.

Ideas on how this should be done - at the moment I dont have any, but I'm sure that TBAQ would be willing to listen to constructive suggestions on how this should or could be done.

The board had a long discussion with Alex last night and the State teams situation was one of the items discussed.

The Queensland board is anxious to retain a North South Team situation without integrating or changing the existing structure.

However this would have to have the blessing of the ASC and Alex will be having talks with his own board and the ASC regarding ways and means to satisfy ASC requirements and also to improve and increase interest in the present structure of the Nationals.

There is meeting of State Managers this weekend and this will be discussed.
For 2007 the TBAQ Board have indicated that the 2 teams should continue to be selected by their respective North and South Committees.

As to which one will be Invitational and which one will be State, the TBAQ board (who are mostly Southern based) are happy to suggest that NQ be the official State Team and SQ the Invitational team.

I'm sorry if this sounds somewhat vague, Alex mentioned several ideas that were in the pipeline regarding Rachuig and maybe he will be in a position to announce some of these following the meetings in Tasmania.

For 2007 the TBAQ Board have indicated that the 2 teams should continue to be selected by their respective North and South Committees.
As to which one will be Invitational and which one will be State, the TBAQ board (who are mostly Southern based) are happy to suggest that NQ be the official State Team and SQ the Invitational team.

Andrew,
So how is the Sth Qld "invitational" team going to be selected ?

At this stage it looks like the first Twin Tour event at Cannon Hill next year and then a further roll off at Redcliffe in early March. More details later ...

Originally Posted by Andrew S.
As to which one will be Invitational and which one will be State, the TBAQ board (who are mostly Southern based) are happy to suggest that NQ be the official State Team and SQ the Invitational team

Wow! That is a very generous gesture on behalf of the board. As much as I am rather biased with regard to Nth QLD I have to admit that doesn't quiet seem fair to all in Sth QLd. I still believe it is a shame that there is a need to have an 'official' and 'invitational' team, as it no doubts takes away some of the pride of making the team if you happen to make the 'invitational' team as opposed to the 'offical' team.

Any clarification on Jase's question........will bowlers be eligible to roll off only in their respective areas or will roll offs for both teams be open to all QLD?

Ice ..
It's pretty much 'as it was' ... only the names have changed.
They are only names.

I think this is a mistake if that’s all that’s happening.... But hey that’s just my opinion…

Would be keen to get some input from Nth Qld Bowlers on this one!!

Steve or Robbie has much been said in the Nth regarding it?

Ice ..
It's pretty much 'as it was' ... only the names have changed.
They are only names.

Well.....I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) that things had to change otherwise the two team scenario may be scrapped, is this not the case ?

And........if only the names have changed do we still have a NTH & STH QLD team or...do we have a QLD and an 'invitiational' team ?

Also, if we have an invitational team and someone does not make the "Nth" Qld side, does that mean they can then bowl off for the 'invitational' team ?

This is the situation as I understand it:

The ASC requires that Rachuig be an interstate comp. Therefore, a Queensland team must be open to all Queensland bowlers.

TBA have the right to invite further teams at their discretion. Hence NZ and NQ.

The ASC are very likely to jack up at the same regional team bowling every year, since this will be outside the interstate comp guidelines. Further, they will want the "Queensland" team selection process to be fair to all bowlers in the State. Hence the proposal to hold the rolloff for the Qld team alternately in the North and South, and invite another team from the area which does not host the rolloff. If I understand it right, any QLD bowler is able to rolloff in NQ next year (assuming that is where the 'official' rolloff is) but only SQ bowlers will be eligible to bowl in the SQ invitation team trials. In the following year the sistuation will be reversed.

This may not be the ideal situation, but if it allows a representative pathway for both regions of the State, then I'm all for it. Otherwise we'll go back to one rolloff for the whole State and I'd have to quote 50c a game every year to keep it where it belongs. :D

Whether it is a long term solution or not, only time will tell. The fact that we still have two teams from QLD to me shows that TBAQ are on our side, as the easy thing for them to do would be to toss it into the too hard basket and go back to one team. Hopefully they will continue to find a way to keep us in the comp long term.

Cheers, Robbie.

on edit: If I am wrong about all this, hopefully someone can correct it. :)

Sorry guys .. but as part of the SQ Adult Committee, we have only been directed to hold a roll off and select a team. I believe the NQ Adult Committee will get the same directions.
I havent got much more than that so I cant properly answer the questions being put forward.

Back
Top Bottom