Rachuig Nominations

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
With one week left before nominations close, there are only 2 men and 4 women who have nominated for Rachuig this year.
On Monday night there is a TBAQ Board meeting at which time the other Board members will ask for an updated nomination list.

Several other people have indicated to us that they will be nominating and we would urge those people to do so asap. If the situation does not change drastically the future of any Rachuig Invitational Team may well be in doubt, and if the Invitational Team has to be canned this year the National body may well with-hold any future invitation to Qld to field 2 teams.

This is not a North/South issue, it is a matter which concerns the entire State.

This is not intended to be a whys and wherefores thread, it is simply telling it like it is. All of us involved in Qld Rachuig want to give Bowlers the best opportunity to represent the State.

Of course we cant make you bowl but it is worth pointing out that if you really love your bowling there is no finer experience than going away with a Team at the highest level.
We know that most of you have cars, families, mortgages, jobs and very little time or money to allocate, however those that do take the opportunity to join a State team will remember that week at the Nationals for the rest of their lives.

Since my opening post I have received quite a few pms and emails advising me of intention to nominate.

I am now quite sure that (in the mens division at least) we will have two full strength Teams. Some of the names are quite a surprise, and the bowlers concerned have obviously given the matter a lot of thought.

To all those people that re-assured me, thank you.
I was going to buy you all a large drink in Mackay but I guess I shouldn't attempt to disrupt your fitness regime..

Kimberley

we will not be publishing a list of nominations for any of the State teams until after nominations close tomorrow, and final numbers are known.

**A reminder to all that your nomination fees MUST be paid into the relevant accounts by Wednesday 17th February - TOMORROW**

Nominations are not considered as confirmed until the deposit has been paid, regardless of whether a nomination form has been received by the TBAQ office. There have been a few Rachuig nominations received with NO RESUME attached - can you please ensure that you have attached your resumes, as these go to the Selectors prior to the roll off.

Sharyn - numbers across all categories are slightly lower than we had anticipated at this stage, but with 2 days to go there is still plenty of time for that situation to improve. All roll offs will still be going ahead as planned.

Hi Everyone.

Anyone that Is still considering Bowling this Years State Trials please note that we still have room on the Bus that Is departing Friday Morning. Cost is around $90 depending on numbers.

Cheers

Morty

Back
Top Bottom