Is it fair ?

just a question out there

is it fair to bowl your 1st 300 in a TBA sanctioned league and not recieve anything for it ??..i want to show my daughter when she grows up that not only i have reached the pinnacle of bowling in a league environment that i also did this 2 weeks after we got the news that my Wife/Gf was pregnant.just one of those plaques you should recieve is good enough for me ive been waiting and waiting for this to arrive but im now sure that they didnt provide all the details to the TBA should i be worried and or is it too late to take things further as we all pay for TBA membership i want something to show for it not just have them take my word for it!!!

im not outing any names but im sure people that know me will have a decent idea to whom im talking about (ive also herd a few others that have been cheated by the system also)

First off check with the organization/secretary who handles all your TBA paperwork.
It usually takes me 3 weeks from the time I send all relevant paperwork & monies, before I get plaques back.. (Sometimes arrives within 2 weeks).

So far this year I have ordered 10 plaques - 300 game - 299 game - 700 series - 800 series - 1000 series. All ready to be presented at our Christmas function/presentation.

You deserve what is rightfully yours, especially in a TBA sanctioned league.

Mrs P.

nothing & nothing.... its been almost 1 year no well infact it has been now well over a year!!! my daughters almost 1... ive since had 2 more at the same centre and not even a ball check i could have been throwing a bus down the lane and they wouldnt have noticed..ive now come to the conclusion that the milestone will be lost and it comes down to me bodging one up and doin it my self but that wasnt the way i wanted it to go down

the last chance they get to redeem me as a bowler is next week being presentation but in reality it wont cut it ive always wanted my first to be celebrated not the ones i have thereafter because i put my hand up and said something.ive asked 3 times now to the secretary and i get the same shoulder shrug and they move onto someone else avoiding all other questions i have.

If the league is sanctioned by the TBA, then, there are no excuses for not getting the plaque. Sounds like, if they are avoiding questions on it, that maybe, the league may not be sanctioned after all. I don't know which centre or league you are referring to Gavin, if it is the centre I am thinking of, I would be somewhat shocked, but, on the other hand, not so shocked at the same time, if that's even possible!

Unfortunately, you are not alone and won't be the last. My first 300 I got a trophy from my league and the regular amf stuff but according to tenpin.org.au it never happened. I sent an email but no reply. Maybe so many 300s get bowled these days its not seen as an achievement anymire

Sanctioned Leagues no longer exist.

You are either a member or you are not a member.
Leagues may now have a mixture of members and non-members. Just because there is a non-member in your League it does not affect your benefits it simply means the non-member receives no benefits.

Sanctioned Leagues no longer exist.

You are either a member or you are not a member.
Leagues may now have a mixture of members and non-members. Just because there is a non-member in your League it does not affect your benefits it simply means the non-member receives no benefits.

Andrew Is Correct

If the Centre is registered with the TBA , that is the lanes are measured and certified AND
the bowler is a TBA member then the game is recognised by the TBA

There are many people who do not lodge poaerwork to claim the award

You go to the TBA website print off the form and fill it out
You must get your bowling ball checked and weighed
You must have the pins checked
You must provide a printout of the game

Hope that helps to clear these things up a little

Cheers
Geoff

Andrew Is Correct

If the Centre is registered with the TBA , that is the lanes are measured and certified AND
the bowler is a TBA member then the game is recognised by the TBA

There are many people who do not lodge poaerwork to claim the award

You go to the TBA website print off the form and fill it out
You must get your bowling ball checked and weighed
You must have the pins checked
You must provide a printout of the game

Hope that helps to clear these things up a little

Cheers
Geoff

Yes indeed. I usually know what's going on with rules, membership, etc. It's not hard to keep up-to-date, just go to the TBA website, but, I'd missed the bit pointed out by Andrew. Sort of didn't need to know as it's santioned league and I'm TBA member, but anyone likely to get in a similar situation, please remember that you, that is YOU must make sure - ON THE NIGHT / DAY that you post the score, that you pass over your ball for checking, and have the Centre check pins, etc.. You can't leave it all to someone else, and you can't do it some time later - even a day - never mind a week / a year, etc.
There's nothing necessarily automatic about it.

Back
Top Bottom