Thumb grip, getting just right need help with.

L

LuckyStrike

Ive been squeezing the ball with my thumb, and I know this is a bad practice, but Ive had trouble getting the grip just perfect so that I dont get hang ups. Im going to try and add some tape in there anyway to test when its just perfect where its not hanging up and I dont have to grip with the thumb where its flat in the hole. How deep should the thumb be?

Hi mate,

I sometimes blow into the hole, warm air helps the thumb stick as they say, As for tape i would sujest 2 strips to start with and have a bowl, you can always add more if needed, As for how far down as long as no tape is sticking outside the thumb hole you are ok

peter

how do you test the thumb grip to make sure its the perfect fit? This is quite important bc if its too tight it wont release right and if its too loose the thumb will exit later killing your revs

You using a thumb slug?

Trial and error is all you can do, every single bowler is different..

I had thumb problems for ages, I now use tape on my thumb and have a vent hole and its all good.

Talk to your ball driller.

You using a thumb slug?

Trial and error is all you can do, every single bowler is different..

I had thumb problems for ages, I now use tape on my thumb and have a vent hole and its all good.

Talk to your ball driller.
A vent hole? can you elaborate on that?

Ok, its just a small hole drilled on an angle down into the thumbhole stops any suction.
Makes a big difference.
First few games i struggled to get used to the ball flying off the thumb.
All my balls have them now, cant throw with out them :)
here are a couple of pics to explain.

venthole1.jpg

venthole.jpg

Back
Top Bottom