Is fingertip the way to go?

odeor

I used to bowl until 12 years ago and came back this year. My old ball, which I gave away when I quit was drilled fingertip. I can't remember why I changed to that idea. Since coming back this year my new balls were drilled fingertip. My question is should I stick with them or change. I am more of a roller than a "cranker". I use a 14lb Hammer Pearl Vicious and find it anything but. I figure that I am the problem but at least my average is where it was before. The trouble is I want to improve and wonder if the grip could be part of the problem.

stick with it, more control over conventional drillings. If you are looking for a little more hook, probably should start with a coach who can work with you on developing your release (especially after being away from the game for so long, might be a few things you could improve upon), then probably look away from a ball with a pearl coverstock and go with something a little more aggressive.

Hmmm... A hammer vicious lives up to it's name. I suspect that there could be some pilot error. ;-) Get a helping hand from a coach and do stick with fingertip.

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks for the advice, guys. I think I get frustrated too easily and keep changing things. I was in a group coaching course with Cara Honeychurch recently and I had better persist with what she told me after her performance in America.

Stick with fingertip, I switched a few years back and its hard at first and I dropped the ball at my feet quite alot till I got used to it which was after about 2-3 months.

I'm currently in the same position,I stopped about 12yrs ago and I joined a league 2 months ago.I am finding it very tough,I used to use a finger tip and I've re started with it.I bowl one good game then about three bad ones then i'll bowl over 200 then a 130game it is very frustrating.I'm currently considering a coach ,till then I'm being very patient.

good luck
Nick

Back
Top Bottom