Is a strike a strike and a spare a spare?

you know what? people who worry about what their opponents are doing (getting lucky strikes, etc) aren't focusing enough on their own game and are (quite frankly) looking for excuses for why they got beaten.

Nearly every bowler I know does it, as soon as they start to lose a game they start searching for any excuse they can't find to explain why they were ripped off, rather than saying "well, I was out-bowled"

A strike is a strike, no matter how it goes down, it still shows up as an X on the score sheet. these days with the amount of side roll and revs, paired with the ever evolving coverstock and weight block technology, bowlers are generating more and more pin action, causing pins to fly around all over the place and clean up pins left in the initial hit, I mean I've made strikes from the 3-6 because of the pin action my shot generates, and that's it part of my game, I intend on generating that pin action to pick up any pins that don't go down first off.

penalising someone for striking off the brooklyn is a silly idea, It'd be like in pool, if you sink one of your own balls legally, but unitentionally, they don't put it back on the table. if we started on that sort of path it would get to the point of having "call your shot" on the approach before making your delivery (eg. "Pocket ball strike" or "Brooklyn Strike").

What about Helicopter strikes! The most effective way to throw a helicopter is to hit the brookie! Should that "Style" (as some people call it) be penalised?? As many have stated you take the good with the bad (but be p@#$ed with yourself when it is a crap shot :p) my $0.05.

If you keep it on the lane, stay away from the foul line, hit the pins with a legal bowling ball, and it is the wrst shot in the world but strikes....what does it matter, it's a strike and nobody can take that away from you unless you do something illegal. Shouldn't matter how you strike, how you bowl, etc.

Bubyee

Rowey :p

As they say the more you practice the luckier you will get!

I agree that a strike is a strike... it's just a shame that so many strikes opponents get are like that in league lately! :eek: All I do now is laugh. I too have been guilty of this in the past, but I have tried to be more accurate lately, contrary to what people might think lol and my ave has plummeted... :rolleyes: well it's lower than it was before (Maybe I will just bowl like I used to... brooklyn or not lol).

wouldnt u rather throw a solid pocket strike like u were trying to though instead of missing and getting lucky? i know i prefer to.

Topher

the answer is yes.....

Use the lucky strike as a get out of jail free card, and adjust on the next shot to hit the pins where you want to.

if brooklyn is the shot to score, hit it. if pocket is the shot to score, hit it, if hammering at the 10pin and getting the lucky bounce that clears the deck scores, then do that...

The aim of bowling is to outscore your opponents. :cool:

first of all a strike is a strike, now year sure bowling a shot and smashing the pocket fells way better, bowling a bad shot and it striking is good coz it could keep u in your match. a strike is a strike.

luke green

Back
Top Bottom