Imagine being 19 yrs old and earning $500k pa?

S

sampson1791

Israel Folau will sign with the Brisbane Broncos and earning an estimated $500,000 per year for 4 years.

At 19 I earned $253 per week. Thats less than $15k pa.

Yes I know I wasn't playing for my country in League but come on - this is ridiculous. If English super league offers him the same in uk pounds (is $1,086,000 pa) or even Euros ($862,000).....

Now I am not a religious man but I am a family man - hmmmm give up on the team that gave me the start or take the cash??? Personally I'm torn! Yes I support the Storm but I also can see Israels point too.

I do not agree with the $$$ thrown at kids to play sport.

My 2 bobs worth.

If they have the talent, clubs will throw any amount they can afford to snare a player. The Bronco's obviously think he's worth every cent, or maybe even pose a threat if he was playing in a different teams colours.

Good luck to the boy.

This guy went to my school, (think i was in the same year level).. but not 100%

seen this guy play and he has talent...

i reckon they spent there money well

Camerson Smith also came from my school... awhile ago tho

Just a question,

Why do the NRL allow players to sign with other clubs when the season is only 3 weeks old? How can this player do his best for the current club when he knows next year he is on a big fat contract elswhere?. The AFL has the right idea, not trading clubs until the end of the season. Also do the NRL not have salary caps? or is dear Darryn going to quit at the end of the year?

You should see what some of the European Football players are getting paid.
Manchester United Paid $28Million... POUNDS for Wayne Rooney when he was 17... I think he was on a bit more the our little Israel. This past off season they coughed up 18m Pounds each for Nani and Anderson two 18 year olds, as well as 12m Pounds for Ronaldo when he was about that age...

It's absolutely insane what these guys get paid... But they are pretty damned good.

Later Da Cowman!

It's about value. Man U foots a salary bill weekly over a million pounds, Roy Keane earns himself 100,000 pounds - per week.

Man U turns over 100 - 110 million pounds per year. The more they win, the more popular they become, the more fans buys stuff etc etc etc etc and therefore the more a popular or talented player is worth.

If this is what he wants to do, more power to him. I certainly would've been annoyed if I was told I was earning too much for my age and you cut my income. Why should we judge him for his?

ok like all other countries its sports people that get the big dollars.
for what? a few hours entertainment!

if he gets injured seriously - no more football, he's got nothing to fall back on.
religion doesn't pay the bills. He's a full time professional footballer, what education? I personally don't know. He may well be the Dux of his school but I seriously doubt it!!

if he gets injured seriously - no more football, he's got nothing to fall back on.
religion doesn't pay the bills. He's a full time professional footballer, what education? I personally don't know. He may well be the Dux of his school but I seriously doubt it!!

I completely agree, but it's his risk to take.

I'm a contractor, if I am physically unable to work then I don't get paid either. Just like him, I offset the risk by taking a higher hourly rate. Difference is my hourly rate isn't in the same vicinity, but I can keep increasing it for the next 40 years while he's only got 15...

a guy like him will never be short in life. even if he has a career ending injury he will get work thru football some where.commentator working wirh teams trainers. and they all get paid more then enough.

good on him for getting there. if some one wanted to throw that much money at me i would drop everything and move. hell only have to survive a few years and id your smart you can set yourself up...

With the amount of money "Man U" players make (or any highly sort sporting players), they only have to invest not even half of it into a compounding interest account, & they only have to play for the set contract without needing to fall back on anything. Their investment will practically be money on trees to them after 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom