IGNORANT, ARROGANT or STUPID

My ego is earned. Brien's is imagined! lol

I can't believe a lefthander who knows anything at all about bowling would believe that the right-handers have it better than on the left...

We are getting away from the original post, the purpose of which is why should I put up my "hard earned" if there is no chance of winning, or even being competitive, for that matter.(See opening post).

Forgetting about tournaments for the moment.

If in league, the manager had ordered the tech to put down a "flat" pattern, with equal units of oil on both sides, enough to ensure that the pattern will not break down on the "right", then it will be "flooded" on the "left", because of the lack of traffic.

The "shot" will open up quickly on the "right" and should last until late into game 3, while the opposite will be happening on the "left", i.e. it doesn't open up until late in the 3rd game.

This, I feel, is where an Asymmetrical pattern will work, in the short term.

George F stated that the problem with lefty's having a advantage in tournaments was the format not in the oiling.

This is a real "Pandora's Box".

"If you want to score, you should wash your balls............regularly !!!!!!!"

If in league, the manager had ordered the tech to put down a "flat" pattern, with equal units of oil on both sides, enough to ensure that the pattern will not break down on the "right", then it will be "flooded" on the "left", because of the lack of traffic.

Brien, firstly, i wouldn't call it a flat pattern. A Flat pattern is one that is 2 board to 2 board and is flat right across the lane. You are already calling the other one Asymmetrical, so you are meaning a Symmetrical right?

Also, another thing to take into account. how long before the league are the lanes getting done? how much linage was on them previous, and if there was, was it social, juniors or another league? Was it all polyester balls used, were bumpers used etc etc. Also, is there another league on after wards? Do they have to make sure that the lanes would be suitable for them as well?

In the league itself, whats the breakdown of bowlers left to right? Did they all turn up tonight or are you playing a blind team? Did you have a bad day at work and this is going to effect the way you bowl? Are you tired, sore, does the weather effect your joints and therefore you can't make a proper full follow through or slide...... etc etc. i got plenty more that you might want to take into account before you even need worry about the lanes. Cause if your not right to bowl, or everything has changed from the previous week in regards to the way the lanes are setup with traffic, whats the point in worrying about the whole Asymmetrical vs Symmetrical lane debate?

Out of curiosity, is situations like this one, why do the people effected seem to always call for it to be made easier for them, not harder for the other???? I always hear, its not fair, our shot doesn't open up quick enough, change it to allow our shot to open up.
Why not, our shot doesn't open up, tighten up their side to make it harder for them??

I often think i would like to be a left hander as less people use the oil on that side of the lane.

We are getting away from the original post, the purpose of which is why should I put up my "hard earned" if there is no chance of winning, or even being competitive, for that matter.(See opening post).

Forgetting about tournaments for the moment.

The "shot" will open up quickly on the "right" and should last until late into game 3, while the opposite will be happening on the "left", i.e. it doesn't open up until late in the 3rd game.

This, I feel, is where an Asymmetrical pattern will work, in the short term.

Better idea, why not have a different oil pattern for each pair of lanes, depending on how many "lefties" there are on a pair!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

it doesnt matter how much you argue, most of the techs out there wont take any notice of you. and only a couple of the ones that take any notice will actually do anything constructive to help the situation.

it doesnt matter how much you argue, most of the techs out there wont take any notice of you. and only a couple of the ones that take any notice will actually do anything constructive to help the situation.

Help what situation? Brien is complaining about it being to wet for a 3 game league because he can't score. He want's it drier on the left so HE can become more competetive. In the centre where l bowl it certainly doesn't need to be any drier on the left. I'm curious to know which centre Brien is refering to?

He needs to bowl at Ashmore. Its the fairest condition in Australia.
Dry on the Left, Dry on the right and Dry in the middle.

Brien,

That was all day on the right at Brunswick Cup. I moved 22 boards left in 15 games of matchplay using 4 balls. No left handers were having to consider such variables. By the end, the right was fried.

Cheers and good bowling,
Jason

C'mon Jason, l moved heaps at Canberra, Started on 22, moved to 23, then 24, next pair 3 boards back to 22, then to 23, then again back to 24, next pair 3 boards back to 22, then to 23.........................
On one pair l even got over to 25!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help what situation? Brien is complaining about it being to wet for a 3 game league because he can't score. He want's it drier on the left so HE can become more competetive. In the centre where l bowl it certainly doesn't need to be any drier on the left. I'm curious to know which centre Brien is refering to?

i think brien was referring to mentone bowl.

hey brien how was the left side tonight??
im sure you werent complaining when you had a line for most of the night while all the righties were moving 1-2 boards left every couple of shots

Sparing is getting better Craig.
You should try your hand @ Tuggeranong, 'cause I KNOW YOU can really bowl.
Ask them to put the pattern they had Saturday 28/3/09 1st day of the Seniors Canberra Cup with the Kegel machine the way it was before it was correctly serviced, and see how well you do.
Haven't seen you bowling lately ???????????

You still need to clean your balls .....regularly!!!!!!!

Sparing is getting better Craig.
You should try your hand @ Tuggeranong, 'cause I KNOW YOU can really bowl.
Ask them to put the pattern they had Saturday 28/3/09 1st day of the Seniors Canberra Cup with the Kegel machine the way it was before it was correctly serviced, and see how well you do.
Haven't seen you bowling lately ???????????

You still need to clean your balls .....regularly!!!!!!!

Got out of the easy centres and into a Sports league. I doubt you will see any big scores next to my name.

Working hard in preparation (both on and off the lanes) for the tournaments I plan to bowl this year.

Hoping things go well.

As always I am up for a challenge, U.S. Open pattern for me any day of the week.

So there was a challenge put down between Chester and Brien, are you guys healthy enough yet? Don't forget that l want in on it as well.

Back
Top Bottom