How many leagues do you bowl in per week?

How many leagues do you bowl in per week?

• One

Votes: 122 37.3%
  • Two

Votes: 109 33.3%
  • Three

Votes: 69 21.1%
  • Four

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Five or more

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • None

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters
Right now, none.
Thursday Scratch Singles ended, hasnt reformed...was going to bowl The Simpsons League but didnt feel like punishing myself.
Bring on Strikezone Doubles.

It is interesting to see that not many bowlers bowl three or more leagues per week...

I don't feel so bad now with my three lol

It is expensive bowling leagues, practice games and tournaments... the problem is that one of the leagues I currently bowl in was only meant to go for 24 weeks but now it is in week 26 of 51!

Is that allowed?:confused:

I bowl in a three man team at Aspley on Tuesday nights.
My husband bowls in another team in the same league and also bowls three man teams on Thursday nights.

So that's 1 league for me and 2 for Brad.

I bowl in 2 THS leagues, and 1 PBA experience league. The PBA league is my lowest average, but most enjoyable.

I bowl three leagues per week... soon to be four leagues per week when I start in the scratch singles league at macarthur in a couple of weeks... I also bowl in the STBL for the Campbelltown Crocs, as well as regularly entering tournaments & practice one nuight per week.... On average I spend approx. $60-$80 per week on league bowling alone....

I bowl three leagues per week... soon to be four leagues per week when I start in the scratch singles league at macarthur in a couple of weeks... I also bowl in the STBL for the Campbelltown Crocs, as well as regularly entering tournaments & practice one nuight per week.... On average I spend approx. $60-$80 per week on league bowling alone....

YES

I spend that too. 18+20+22= $60

You just hope you win them hey!

The thing is, sometimes you don't even get the money you spent even if you win it!

YES
I spend that too. 18+20+22= $60
You just hope you win them hey!
The thing is, sometimes you don't even get the money you spent even if you win it!

You're so right here..... My Sunday night league is 3 man teams, $23/4games per person. The team that wins this league picks up approx. $3,300 for the team, which I think, just covers $23 x 46 weeks = $1,058 for the season...

Most of the other leaguse in our center don't even go close to giving you your money back if you win, but it's not all about the $$ for me....

I bowl 3 leagues a week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights @ $94 per week. Meh keeps me busy

I bowl in 3 leagues. I was trying to cut back this year, but just couldn't get out of a few of them. I do enjoy the money at the end of the year but!!

Ok lets see here,

Mondays I'm free, but reserve for a league called the Hangover League at AMF Randwick.
Tuesdays I bowl in a league called the Royal Wipeouts at AMF Randwick. 3 games, $21. Not much of a prize fund. Also at Manhattan SuperBowl at Mascot, I will bowl for a league called the New Gangsters, which costs $30.
Wednesdays I bowl in a league called League of Nations at Manhattan SuperBowl in Mascot, 3 games, $30. Good prize fund.
Thursdays I finished a league called Starship Classic Doubles in Manhattan SuperBowl in Liverpool. Was $30 for 4 games. Came 15th and won $620.
Also on Thursdays I bowl in Starship Prestige Singles, 4 games at $40. Big prize fund. Im reserving for someone, so I play for free and play against some of the local best.
Fridays I'm free.
Saturdays I bowl at random centres if i have time. Last week I bowled at AMF MacArthur, HSG 191. This week I bowled at AMF Mount Druitt, HSG 195.
Sundays i'll bowl at Randwick for the Phantom League, which I can bowl at any time, but Sundays are very quiet, so its perfect.

All in all I bowl 5 leagues and reserve for 2. I averaged very low in the last few months, but bowling in different centres helped my skill. I average 155 and bowled 255 in Liverpool against Byron Hugo a few weeks ago. I bowl a 200 game once a week.

Different centres have different conditions and types of lanes, so I think i'm going on the right track to become a fairly good bowler.

Richard, don't take this the wrong way, but you will get better much faster bowling 10 practise games a week in the company of a good coach.

I agree with you Rob, but where do you find coaches that have time? I do enjoy league bowling anyway, so what's there to lose?

Nick Koumandakis has helped me alot, and I can never thank him enough. Stuart Erwin and "Papa" Bruno have also helped me.

Know any of them?

I bowl in a 4 man/woman :D teams league on Tuesday night, and I also bowl in a singles league on Friday. Gets me the best of both worlds. Both leagues are great fun and full of friendly and sometimes not so friendly people. But that's how it is ;)

Thinking about joining a singles league on Wednesdays as well, but I'm not too sure about that one yet.

Bubye

Rowey :p

I bowl in 3, my husband bowls in 3 and 3 of our 4 children bowl in one each.

It is a great sport but it gets expensive #-o

Back
Top Bottom