Wrist positioners/gloves & guards

S

sampson1791

OK

I bowl once per week - I am left handed and average 160 so far this year.

I am interested in those that wear gloves/positioners and guards. Which do you prefer, why is that the glove for you?

What angle to you set the positioners? Do you like wearing them with a sweat protector? How do bowl with them at 7 or 10 spares?

General questions that many of us ask ourselves while watching those that wear them!

Cheers

Sampson1791

FWIW (and it probaly isn't worth much ) whenever I use a wrist thingy I find I bowl much slower (which is good) and I get far greater revs on the ball. My scores are generally better and all is good - the birds sing, the flowers grow etc etc..
However....
I don't like the wrist thingy I currently have. It looks odd, everything feels too mechanical - almost like I have very little input into the shot - "Robo-arm" is the phrase that comes to mind. Spare shots are a pain cause you have to either adjust or remove it completely (and it takes an age to get the damn thing on again), and you get a sweaty wrist. Doesn't sound so bad but it feels horrible.
Interestingly I use 15lb gear, however I also have a 14lb Groove which is magic when coupled to the wrist thingy as my 15lb'ers don't seem to work so well with it. Have been toying for some time with dropping a pound on a permanent basis and using robo-arm more often, however when not using robo-arm, a 15lb ball feels better in the hand. Odd.

I don't think people want to admit they like using a wrist guard.....but i do.
I use a robo revs ( the one with full finger support). I tried the one wrist guard with only the forefinger support but wasn't a fan of it. I bought the robbo revs off Brando on George F's advice and find it great. I use a sweat protecter with it. It sounds weird but i set the wrist at full bend ( into the void area) so i can further cock my wrist. My wrist partially releases when delivering the ball which adds a couple extra revs than having the guard in a 'static' position.
For 10 pins i straighten out the guard and use a plastic ball.

Dinesh

Back
Top Bottom