Hi people of the bowling world

bellamae

Hi Everyone
I just thought I would drop in and say hi.
My name is Shannette and I am from Brissy. I have only just started getting interested in bowling since I met my boyfriend Adrian in December. To tell you the truth I didn't even know that a 300 game was good. But I thought if I don't want to be a bowling widow I should start taking more interest. I haven't started league bowling but I go bowling every Friday night to practice not getting gutterballs. I am the gutterball queen.
Anyway that is my bowling history. Hopefully over time I will improve.
Till next time
Bye

Welcome bellamae!

I am new to Bowling as well & find it a whole new & interesting world out there! I have just started playing in my first League alongside my Fiance who hs had a few years away from Bowling since moving here to NSW from W.A where he used to play in Leagues & tournies etc.

Sit back & relax on this forum, you will get to recognise a few peeps around the place & I'm sure we'd all love you to be actively involved with your opinions & knowledge :D

Hi Shannette, welcome :) I have RSI so my current bowling addiction is just cheering on my son and hubby. My son is 12 and has been bowling in league since he was 4 and tournys since he was 8, hubby has just returned to league after a couple of years off. He's also competing in his first tourny in 2 weeks. I'm hoping to be able to pick up a ball again later this year... if I can get off my butt and do some work at the gym to strengthen up... so maybe we can have a game some day and see who is really the gutterball queen, cos I reckon I'd give you a run for your money ;) Anyway, hope you have a great time in league, I'm sure you'll get plenty of tips from the old timers!

Hi Shannette, welcome :) I have RSI so my current bowling addiction is just cheering on my son and hubby. My son is 12 and has been bowling in league since he was 4 and tournys since he was 8, hubby has just returned to league after a couple of years off. He's also competing in his first tourny in 2 weeks. I'm hoping to be able to pick up a ball again later this year... if I can get off my butt and do some work at the gym to strengthen up... so maybe we can have a game some day and see who is really the gutterball queen, cos I reckon I'd give you a run for your money ;) Anyway, hope you have a great time in league, I'm sure you'll get plenty of tips from the old timers!

Welcome aboard. The only tips I got from old timers when I started was

"Take 2 weeks off then retire!"

Enjoy the sport, and the site.

Well if Shelto can't teach you enough to keep the damn thing on the lane, then no one can!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Nice work getting into it and look after that loony of ours!!!:D

welcome ladies,
You really will have a ball.
Good luck to you both

Back
Top Bottom