Healthy Life ANZAC Day 60 Game Marathon

xpense

retired
AMF Dandenong is proud to announce the hosting of the 2008 Healthy Life ANZAC Day 60 game Marathon.

When: Friday April 25th until completion (Approx 24 hours later)
Time: 4pm check-in
Entry Fee: $450 per team
Where: AMF Dandenong

Handicap: 70% of 200

Prizefund: Based on 28 teams
1st - $1800
2nd - $1500
3rd - $1200
4th - $750
5th - $540
6th - $480
7th - $450
8th - $420
9th - $390
10th - $360

As an added bonus, we will be paying out $50 per game during the tournament for the highest hcp game, each and every game (thats right all 60 games)

Format:
For those of you who are familiar with the Mildura 60 Game Marathon, this tournament has been modeled on that very successful format.

4 teams per pair, 12 blocks of 5 games, Points awarded per game, Bonus points for scores 200+ with Hcp, Series points.

You can have 2 or 3 bowlers in your team who must all bowl equal games through the course of the event, but in 5 game blocks.

You can register your interest here on this thread.

A complete entry form will be posted in the coming days

Please find attached the team list for those that expressed interest so far.

Attachments

• Team_List.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 152
Yeah Lance. All systems go. You're amazing.

Thought systems where going ahead elsewhere. Has management at afore mentioned "other centre" been informed? Yeah, didn't think so.

So who's friends are who?

Congratulations on losing a good few certain teams and a sh*t load of sponsorship.

See you on the return trip.

Thought systems where going ahead elsewhere. Has management at afore mentioned "other centre" been informed? Yeah, didn't think so.
Congratulations on losing a good few certain teams and a sh*t load of sponsorship.
people should check their facts first aformentioned was notified by me and the reasons were that main sponsor had expressed there desire for centre which now has tournement, loss of sponsors at one centre were overwhelemed by sponsors at other centre, Also I was the person who first started the ball rolling on this tournement and was the person whom made the final decission as to were the tournement would be held all pros and cons were wieghed up and decission was made as at the end of the day it is about the bowlers and getting them the best deal IE:sponsorship at one centre is much higher in total than other centre means more return to bowlers I ask u what would you do?
Also do not blame Lance as this was not his decission I appologise to lance for any inconvieniance this may cause him and I think the people that are having a go at him should also apologise because of my decision to go with the naming rights sponsors choice of venue, as I said previously it is all about what is best for the bowlers we are not in this to make money we are in it for the enjoyment of our sport....
nough said

Dont mean to sound rude here, but you could at least be open and put a name to your post. Why hide behind a log in, and not be willing to be put your name behind your words.

That is just gutless, l am always willing to put my name to any comments l make, and if l forget to write it in the actual post, it is there for all to see under my profile.

I would just like to add to this, that l thank Brett Grinstead for putting a lot of hard ground work in obtaining the required sponsorship dollars to make this event happen.

Looking forward to it being a great event.

I would like personally like to thank all the Sponsors, and Totalbowling for allowing us to use this fantastic site to advertise this event.

Regards
Lance

Well Done guys thanks Brett for the hard work regarding sponsership and to you Lance for a lot of the ground work. Looking forward to bowling.

Cheers Bastie

Latest teams listing.

Remember you can enter via the site, or contact the bowl on 9794-8133

Attachments

• Team_List.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 113
11 teams already and only on TB for one day!
good to see bowlers support an event they enjoy, even if a nobody with sour grapes wants to try and spoil this great game we all love.
AGAIN WELL DONE LANCE AND BRETT TO KEEP THE ANZAC DAY MARATHON GOING.
Ian. S
P.S GO Nanas.

Just suck in ya sook !!!!
So there was 2 centres contending for the marathon & the one you wanted didn't get it.....Whahahahahahah !!!
Life goes on.........

Sensational to see a decent tournament coming to Dandy, Well done to Lance and Brett, and yes I've seen the amount of groundwork that went into it.
Wonder when we'll hear from the Filo Boys (Or did they lose too much money at the last marathon)
And don't forget your 20 cent pieces Leo

Please find attached the latest team listing for this great event.

Keep those entries coming. You can enter your team via the site or by contacting Dandenong Bowl on (03) 9794-8133.

Please remember to send your completed entry forms to Dandenong Bowl, or you can PM your teams entry details to myself. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the bowl or myself.

Regards
Lance

Attachments

• Team_List.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 99
Throw me down at this stage. Ill confirm partners when they confirm with me. If they don't Ill try and get in with one of the other teams short of a bowler or 2.

Thanks mate and good luck with the tournament.

Its good to see something get off the ground on this side of the city for us on the other side of the state. Unfortunate about the circumstances that its not at werribee but thats the way life goes. I dont think having a crack at anyone trying something different is good for anyone, but everyone has their own opinion and has every right to voice it. Good luck to Edi and Doz with the new tourny and with the family, I will be at the Marathon as its closer and is Mels birthday on the Sunday and would like to live long after that day!!!!!!!

Lance put me and Wozza down with 3rd bowler TBA.

Thanks Jason Motta

Ok guys, I have removed some peoples post's in this thread, if you have a problem with that please feel free to priv message me, I think sometimes we all post in the heat of the moment.

You all have a right to support and bowl in what ever you like, but don't can one or the other. Use the thread for what it's purpose is for.

Thanks guys.

:D Well said Kellie you hit the nail on the head not you rusty lol.We are a community us bowlers and we need to support each other as much as we can ;)

Back
Top Bottom