Google Maps Street Level

I'll ignore the fact that you attacked the intelligence of those who believe there is something to be concerned about, but nevermind. Live in your rose coloured world and sail on your good ship Lollypop and remain oblivious to all around you.

It's like talking to a really stupid cup of tea.

I know for a fact the pictures were taken at least 10 months ago, as i moved just around mid december, and my cars are at my old address, with signs up infront of my new house.

so dont stress guys 10 months is a long time lol

badboy.JPG

How is this an invasion of privacy? Seriously. One really good reason?

People have no more information about your place then if they had walked down the street themselves and taken a photo. At least you know exactly what everyone else can see about your place.

You know what. I can find out a hell of a lot more about you from other websites where you have provided personal information about yourself then I can guessing where you live of StreetView. Just a quick trip over to the white pages and voila... Name, address, phone number even.

Wake up to yourselves people. I have no idea who it is that lives 2 streets over. But their house is cool. Does that mean that I can now rob them from here? Hell no. I could actually walk over there and have a look couldn't I? Take some photo's myself? Whats stopping me? They'd never know. Never. This is not an invasion of privacy. At all. No information about your home is being released that people could not have found out by walking over there themselves and have a good geez. Think about it...
The media screams invasion of privacy. Google Street View gets an insane amount of hits and people just think the media says it's an invasion of privacy. So it must be... think about it... What is now available to people that was not previously available??? I can think of sites that invade your privacy a hell of a lot more! Would you like a demo??

Later Da Cowman!

How is this an invasion of privacy? Seriously. One really good reason?
People have no more information about your place then if they had walked down the street themselves and taken a photo. At least you know exactly what everyone else can see about your place.
You know what. I can find out a hell of a lot more about you from other websites where you have provided personal information about yourself then I can guessing where you live of StreetView. Just a quick trip over to the white pages and voila... Name, address, phone number even.
Wake up to yourselves people. I have no idea who it is that lives 2 streets over. But their house is cool. Does that mean that I can now rob them from here? Hell no. I could actually walk over there and have a look couldn't I? Take some photo's myself? Whats stopping me? They'd never know. Never. This is not an invasion of privacy. At all. No information about your home is being released that people could not have found out by walking over there themselves and have a good geez. Think about it...
The media screams invasion of privacy. Google Street View gets an insane amount of hits and people just think the media says it's an invasion of privacy. So it must be... think about it... What is now available to people that was not previously available??? I can think of sites that invade your privacy a hell of a lot more! Would you like a demo??
Later Da Cowman!

Wake up to ourselves???

How dare you, you, you, cup of tea!!!! :p How dare you voice an intelligent and totally on topic reasoning like that Stephen!!

Watch out mate your in for it now! :D

Now seriously good point, I couldn't have said it better myself, being stoooopid n'all ya'aaall.

Hahahahahaaaa!

I love a good forum topic.

Cheers, Totalbowlers!

Rhyss. :p:D:surrender:

That's absolutely fantastic!
Still quite a few streets that haven't been pictured though, I noticed my street hasn't like a few of the side-streets around here.
Only the two ends are visible.

ElizabethStreet1farshot.jpg

Argyleend.jpg

And the football stadium just along the road shows up quite good.
footballground.jpg

Come on... It's been almost a day. It doesn't take this long for totalbowlers to usually prove someone wrong.

Just the one good reason why it's an Invasion of Privacy. Come on...

Later Da Cowman!

Did I say it was an invasion of privacy?

No. I did not.

I asked the question if it could be considered as such.

I just can't imagine how boring it must have been driving around capturing those images..

I still think the scarier thing is how close they can zoom from satellites. As per my original post.. can't catch Bin Laden? What a load of crock! If they can read the paper over your shoulder they can catch a bloke with a freaky looking beard.

It might not be an "invasion of privacy" but I still don't know if it can be classed as right that people had their pictures taken in these shots and have been posted on the net for all to see, whether their faces can be clearly seen or not.

We checked it out last night and it was fun to see whether we were gonna see a snapshot of someone we knew doing something a little embarassing :eek:
However, it is an invasion a privacy and who knows what level they can take it to in the future.
We're just glad the images were taken when the front door was shut and we weren't doing a nuddy run after a shower :oops:
The photos must have been taken quite a while ago as our house still had Christmas lights up and we removed them before the new year!

PeterB,

Who said I was talking to you? Although, you couldn't have gone much closer to saying it was, without actually saying it. The Reggae here made a statement. I'm asking for a reason. Is that ok with you sir?

I just merely gave a rebuttle to your question. As to why it most definately is not an invasion of your, or anyone elses, privacy.

It's just really really cool. Same as Google Earth.

Later Da Cowman!

Well "Wake up to yourselves people" suggests you were talking to more than one. I thought your latest post was a follow on from that seeing as your little friend is trying to get you involved.

Testy little thing aren't you?

Well I dont have a problem. I typed in my address and got a picture of the house across the road. If I try to zoom in on our house all I get is trees. The information is also not totally accurate. Our road was changed from Drive to Court by the GCCC 12 years ago. Google still has it listed as Drive.

Back
Top Bottom