goodbye mayfield

Hi thanks for the pictures looks good but why no new returns??????? bummer
I will get down there on the weekend with some luck.

Are the approaches ok I hate bowling at warnersbay!

Great Pictures Bowler X.

PD186, the Approaches should be Great, latest technology in Synthetic's, well actually they just made them ripple, less surface means less friction. I could'nt bowl on Warners Bay's approaches either, I observed them moving, so I figured you were trying to slide uphill, but thats only my opinion.

willey

http://www.kegel.net/products/products-edgelanes.htm

those are the lanes and approaches that have been put down

the approaches are very similar to wood aproaches but are synthetic. the slide is excellent

i would like to thank graham for allowing me to take the pictures of the new centre and congratulate him and his staff on the amount of work they have done in the short timeframe they had. they should feel very proud and i congratulate them and wish them success with the new mayfield superstrike

We just got the same approaches in at Strikezone. They are quite good.
Mayfield actually looks like its from this century now! Thats amazing!!! Shame about the masking though...God thats ugly

That masking is not staying up the new ones which are BLACK and Red were held up in the States but they should be here soon.

Well this being my first reply, I will keep it short. I have found it you stick, change your foot work and replace the slide to the more solid step finish and this eliminates the sticking problem. It worked for me and now I use the non slide problem to my advantage.

why do the ball returns go all the way up to the foul line? wouldnt that be annoying having the ball return in the corner of your eye while your bowling? and wat happens when someone is sparing a 7-pin? i was coached to stand on the last board on the right but i wouldnt be able to do that there because the ball return would be in my way

mayfield has always had ball returns this way back in the 'old days' this was the first ball return system.

the avenue of taking out these ball returns and replacing them with what we now see as normal underlane ball returns was pursued. however our manager found on a recent trip to America to a bowling centre confrence that all new centres are going back to above lane ball returns.

the first reason for this is that the glowing balls in cosmic coming back above the lanes looks 'cool' to social bowlers even though many of us think that above lane ball returns really suck. the second reason is that the time frame for the refurbishment of mayfield was not adequate if they were to replace the ball returns. what they have done is absolutely astonishing considering the time frame they had, it went right down to the wire for the opening of that centre im sure. if anyone has seen the old mayfield you would definately agree with me when you see the new pictures. replacing the ball returns would have taken alot of time.

lastly i have seen many people struggling with corner shots at mayfield with these ball returns, myself been a lefty i did have trouble shooting the 7 pin, however you just adjust your line and make a few changes. i have never had any trouble with having the ball returns in the corner of my eye sure its there but your more focused on your target. and you try to time your approach so that you dont have any balls coming back to distract you

once again if anyone wants to see the photos of the new mayfield this is the web address

www.putfile.com/mayfieldsuperstrike

hope you all enjoy these!

Back
Top Bottom