Gold Coast Cup feedback

Dougy

Hi everyone.

As it has been a couple of weeks since the 2nd year of the Gold Coast Cup, I'm now writing to ask for feed back of the event good or bad??

Just a couple of things I'll just put out there:

We had 104 entry's in total but I'll break them down:

83 full paying and we had 21 re-entry's, now in saying that I was hoping to get to 96 full paying entry's to be able to pay down to top 32 sad to say we didn't get there so I kept it to the top 24.

We had $150 for top female outside the cut, now I'm not a real fan of the 8pins but I'm looking into to doing something for the females at the next years event.

Now I have copped abit of sh&t about stopping C squad to re-oil as the kegel had a brain fart and didn't lay the pattern and that made D squad bowl into the morning finishing at 1:15am Sunday morning.
I felt this was a call I had to make as I want a tournament that is a fair tournament right across and for all players, I do understand that making D squad wait and than bowl into the morning was tough on them but at least every bowler played on the same condition across the event.

Also we did run late on the Sunday as com-score was giving me a hard time thru the match play and I am sorry for anyone I made late in making flights or getting away early for your trip home

I would like to say thank you to all the bowlers that made the trip from far north to the far west and to all the new bolwed for their support and really hope to see you back in 2015. So please feel free to leave some feed back to help me make 2015 even bigger and better for the bowlers.

Cheers Doug

Mate I think u made great decisions and that the tournament went as smoothly as possible. One thing I dont understand and we have talked about before is the moving of two pairs each block. Obviously in A squad that meant we only played on 3 pairs. Id be interested to hear everyone else's thoughts but otherwise you boys did a great job.

Haha I was just about to edit my post to add that from Friday night.

This is something I will look at next year.

As we talked about we didn't get the numbers for that squad for it to work but as I want to keep to my entry form and format I didn't want to change that. Last year it worked out well but this year it didn't. The reason we I made it two pairs is so bowlers dont get stuck down one end of the house, just trying to get everyone to play the hole house.
And thanks mate.

All good brother - u have created a very decent tournament for Robina and will attract more people every year. You should be proud mate.

I'm glad a lot of people have got the app and is finding it easy to use. We have some more plans for it here on the coast I'm always looking at different ways to give the bowlers more!!

What's the chance of getting some pins for seniors, even if it's for over 55's as this will get you more entries and make the event bigger next year.

Back
Top Bottom