Gold Coast Centres & Leagues

Jasonguru

gettin better!!!!!
Hi all. I am moving up to the Gold Coast at the end of the week (Reedy Creek), am wanting to get some information and opinion on centres and leagues in that part of the world.

I am looking to bowl a scratch singles as a main priority, my avg is 215 at moment, and am wanting to bowl a doubles league with my mate John. What i would really like to know mainly is, what is the best centre in the area in terms of conditions and people who know what they are doing and an adequate standard of bowler to keep the competitive juices flowing.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Scott.

gidday mate

im sure you will love it up here on the gold coast its Gods own country :)

check out www.gobowling.com.au and click on ashmore it has a list of all the leagues at the centre

They lay a fair condition down, the staff and the people who bowl there are all really friendly.

thanks mate, plenty of leagues but didnt see a singles league there. does burleigh or tweed offer anything like that. i used to bowl at tweed many years ago when i lived up there for about a year, but things change. it was pretty good.

ashmore would be my preference due to work. do they have a good pro shop too?

Hi Jason,

Tweed's only league that would most likely be of interest to you and your mate would be the Triples League on Wednesday night at 6:30pm. I know it's not Singles or Doubles, but since the Triples leagues is the only league with a number of averages over 200, this league would be my recommendation. The league is only 4 weeks in, so you wouldn't be that far behind in points.

The doubles league on Monday night will be reforming in about 6 weeks time which starts at 7pm. The averages aren't as high, but the league can be quite competitive at times.

Tweed installed synthetic lanes last year and recently purchased a Kegel which as seen scores soar through the roof.

Unfortunately Tweed does not offer any scratch leagues at this stage.

If you would like any more information about the leagues you could call David, Bob or Ray on (07) 55 36 16 06. Or check out the leagues at http://www.tweedtenpin.com.au

Jason, Weds night triples league that Ben is talking about at Tweed is growing very strong. I live at Elanora just down from Reedy so its a short trip down the highway. The condition there now is very good and scores are reflecting this. OMHI not much at Burleigh but each to their own.

Hi Jason

I live in Carrara and i travel to Mt Gravatt on the Southside of Brissy on a Wednesday nite

They have a singles league
its $35 a week
and last year first place was just under $3000

its abouta 45 min drive
the only problem is that it doesnt usually finish until about 10 ... 9.30 on a good nite...

this is my second season and i think its def worth it....

either bowl at ashmore,or logan on a monday night singles league on a monday is great and the people that own the place are the best

cool. thanks for the feedback so far guys. seems tweed and ashmore are the go. mt gravatt i think is bout nearly an hour from reedy, correct me if im wrong. could be a bit far for me as i dont drive and will rely on my mate to taxi me round. but the singles is appealing. im thinkin ashmore due to work but am very keen to check it all out. thanks guys for all the help, its greatly appreciated.

hope you all have a good day and look forward to meeting u all on the lanes up there.

ashmore would be my preference due to work. do they have a good pro shop too?

I bowl at Ashmore and it's a pretty good center to bowl at. The pro shop there sells some of the cheapest balls in the country in terms of price. They mainly stock Columbia, Track, Brunswick, Ebonite and AMF.

My opinion...

Dont go Ashmore. Thats if you want some good lanes and consistent conditions.

I agree with Bee. Mt Gravatt is the way to go. Alot of us that bowl there on a Wednesday night drive for a while, but its worth it.

My opinion...
Dont go Ashmore. Thats if you want some good lanes and consistent conditions.
I agree with Bee. Mt Gravatt is the way to go. Alot of us that bowl there on a Wednesday night drive for a while, but its worth it.
Considering you dont even bowl at Ashmore...

hey all.

have been up a couple of weeks now and have had 2 chucks at ashmore. the big difference i have noticed from gosford, where i am from is that there is very little oil and i thought gosford was dry. for a fudger like me to have to stand about 7-8 boards left of centre and can swing to about 6 board to make the pocket, is very unusual.

when i asked the staff on thursday night what the length and pattern was, they could not tell cept to say was "i think its 38 ft", the shortest 38ft and thinnest volume ive ever seen lol.

its a shame because i dont drive, that the facilities seem to not be up to scratch. but i was also told that the conditions have been played with recently. so we will see what happens. i want to know what their pattern is and what machine they are using to oil with?

but for now ashmore is my new home.

Back
Top Bottom