Give Grand Seniors a Fair Go!

Hey guys, great idea to have a separate section for the gs division, however whats with the cashing idea? If you play in a specific division you should only be able to cash from that division, not double dip from the highest payout! Thats crap. Pushes the middle average bowler who supports these tournies even ffurther down the list with even less chance of cashing! A lot of people would not even be aware of this change until they get there either, so needs to be really well advertised so people can make a choice, expensive weekend as most people fly......

Thanks everyone for the feed back, please find attached the proposed 2016 HAMMER QLD SENIORS CLASSIC prize fund:

$14055.00 prize fund paying 1 in 2 entries in 4 divisions
$ 220.00 entry fee (based on 66 men and 24 ladies)
18 games per bowler in 2 appearances.
Bowlers can only cash from 1 prize fund which ever is higher
1 pin h/cap per year over 60 men and ladies (64 is 4 pins per game, 71 is 11 pins per game).

Please give feedback.

Batesy
Hi Batesy,

Interested in this discussion line as in 2 years i hit seniors myself, for what it's worth i believe scratch should stay scratch (otherwise call it a handicap tournament and even the field for the lower average under 60 year olds as well).

As the start of this forum was about having two separate prize funds/ titles attached to the one tournament I believe that would be the better option you could have:

Seniors Winner
Grand Seniors Winner

Like in some low number tournaments when they run the women with the men, but have two separate divisions, just bowling together. That means that there is two trophies, two titles, two payouts but the one tournament.

If you want to attract greater numbers of bowlers who have the lower averages, you could even consider a divisions bracket (sort of like nationals where they can enter as B grade, A grade or Open - all scratch bowling but against similarly skilled bowlers - but that means a whole rework of the current format/ system).

Just my two pence :)

Back
Top Bottom