game to game Best to worst

I subbed in the 5 game singles league on a Thursday night at Caboolture last year, not long after having a few months off, bowled league and then had to do a post bowl from the week before as well.
1st block of 5: 138 - 288 - 188 - 190odd - 200odd = Not quite 1000
2nd block of 5: 268 - 190oddd - 300 - 215 - 280 = Approx 1250.
Not sure what happened in the 138 game, just a lot of splits I think, then made a ball change and couldnt miss for the first 10. Had to make another ball change during the post bowl after the 190 in the 2nd block back to the ball I used for the 138 and then went 300. Sometimes this game can be pretty crazy, and all of this with gear that had become too big in my hand after having the 3 months off. All in all, it was probably the best night of league I have had.

Little opposite worst to best
Clearly i don't know how to read a pair of lanes,
wish was there more forums on it,
a Few years ago , in 2007,
Penrith 1 & 2 ....... game 1 113
game 2 154
game 3 162
game 4 300

Not quite as extreme, I back my first 300 with a 180....should I inform that the first ball was a gutterball?

Just remembered an even stranger one. 152-269-279-278 back in 2004 on the old wooden lanes at Moonah.
Was throwing a brand new Hammer Diesel at the time, never hit the pocket at all in the first game and about two frames into the next, then never missed it again.

Can't vouch for the truth of this, but there was a story going around in the '60s, that one of the top bowlers of the time - Don Carter, Dick Webber, etc. - can't remember who it was supposed to have been.......................once bowled a 714 series.

The normal reaction to that was...So? Then you were told that the games were,...
300 - 114 - 300.

Yes Jim,

This is absolutely true. It's in the PBA records section if I remember correctly.

Well I have my newest story for this thread.

Thursday night I was bowling Horridly. On the end pair of the centre against the wall I couldn't do anything right.

First game releasing all wrong. After working through that the 2nd game was diving in 2 hard.

First 2 games 169 and 177.

3rd game I decide a ball change and out of the bag a 298.

Back
Top Bottom