From the TBA Website

yeah but i still remember that i spared it for sparing it.. no i don have anything but my memory for it.. amd i am happy for that.. i was not pissed of or anything like you said you would be. i was more intreaged as to why there was not one..

Chucky,

This isn't just about shooting a 300's or having something to show. My example was

Any bowler who competes in a league or tournament in a centre listed as unregistered will be ineligible to compete in any TBA Accredited event, represent their Region, State or Nation in any Regional, State or National teams event. High games will not be recognized, league games will not be accredited, removal of TBA national ranking points allocated to any bowlers competing in the above Centres, suspension of the association servicing the centre, bowlers become ineligible for regional, state and national team selection.

So who wants to tell someone that they can’t be in that Rep team they just made because of a sanctioning reason. What if this happened to you and like Feral said some people don’t have internet and thanks to this forum he was able to inform another Rep team member.

And to be honest until anyone throws there first 300 i don’t think they can comment on how good it would or will feel of if they are just happy with only a memory. I know i have a watch, Ring and the ball i threw my first with and to me it’s the one that means the most.

The TBA is asking for too much money. Some of the smaller bowling centres are being asked to pay a lot of money to be registered with the TBA and not getting anything in return and some just can't afford to pay that amount of money.

jase i was only drawing example from what alexnjudy said..

i agree if i was in an unregistered centre and made a team i would be very annoyed to say the least. i know last year chermside was very late to register cause they were argueing about costs with the TBA. And they nearly lost alot of bowlers cause of it. i was in the lead of that bunch. and i have no problems with you posting all the details it is good that other people are finding out who don have the net. just need to make sure that people find out why and not just jump to conclusions are leap ship.

and jase i know that having those things woudl make a 300 great and would be cherished. but if the best you can have is your memory then that is the thing you will cherish. What ever people have the will cherish that to remember that first 300 with.. and i know if i do throw a 300 and it is in league or a tourney i would love to get every thing i can to remember it. but i doubt that i will ever throw a 300 so yeah.

Also From the TBA Website - 2006 Lane Levy System Explained

For many years membership fees funded the National Sporting Body for Tenpin Bowling. With the financial collapse of ATBC a change was made to funding the organisation through a lane levy system where centres provided the bulk of the funding based upon lane numbers. This system has been coming under pressure for several years and at the November 2005 Bowling Proprietors Conference a proposal was put (& received overwhelming support) based upon the removal over time of the proprietors’ need to be involved in the funding of the organization. Broadly the proposal is to transfer the organization back to a full membership funded body, although some centres present indicated they might want to stay with bulk sanctioning.

Three models were presented at the conference and accepted as being a viable way forward. A centre may choose any one for 2006. All models except Option B assume TBA bowler member fees of $11.00 (Adult rate) and $8.00 (Junior rate) inclusive of GST. They are:

Option A - where a Centre Association or Area Association exists and fees are being collected in an efficient and appropriate manner the centre may hand over the collection of fees to the Association and withdraw from the levy system. These will generally be centres with a strong Association organization where the majority of bowlers if not all are members of the Association. The Tenpin Bowling Trust will deal directly with the Association under this option with the Association remitting funds monthly as collected from bowlers.
Option B - where centres have a strong league base, but do not have an Association collecting fees or do not collect fees themselves, but are willing to pay $200.00 per lane per annum (plus GST) that this continue for the time being. These centres will set their own recovery rate if any.
Option C - where centres or associations are not collecting fees or have a weak league base and are not prepared or able to pay $200.00 per lane that the underwriting amount of $75.00 per lane (plus GST) be used, and paid up front. These centres are to be assisted to organize their own Association to collect fees so that the funds raised may either reach this figure or exceed it. Any fees collected up to $75.00 per lane (plus GST) to be used to reimburse the centre and fees collected above the $75.00 per lane (plus GST) to go to TBA. Fees to be collected at the rate as listed above. Initially only 7.5 TBA Registered Player cards per lane will be distributed to each centre under this option. Additional cards are to be purchased from TBA at the rate as listed above.
The vast majority of centres have now chosen their option for 2006 with a number of centres moving immediately to allow their local Association to resume collection and remission to the Tenpin Bowling Trust. Slightly more have chosen Option B and the remainder have chosen Option C.

During 2006 TBA intends to rebuild its communication paths with all Associations, build Associations in those centres that do not currently have working Associations and in general by 2007 be very close to a full membership body again.

This is a watershed year for our sport and your co-operation by supporting this move and by becoming involved, in whatever way you are able, would be appreciated and will assist our great sport.

During 2006 TBA representatives will be checking TBA Registered Player Cards of those participating in Nationally Ranked Events, State and National Championships and any TBA Accredited Event. Cards may only be acquired from your home centre. TBA events will only be accredited in centres that have signed up to one of the options outlined above.

Bowlers should note that the figures of $11.00 adults & $8.00 juniors is the amount remitted to TBA. Association fees will vary above this to allow for funding of the Local Association.

Effectively, if a centre opts for Option C then the centre needs only recover this underwritten fee from 7.5 bowlers per lane at $10.00 each, ie a 20 lane centre only needs 150 bowlers to break even. In this case, the bowlers are effectively the financial supporter of the NSO and not the centre.

On this basis I can't understand how Odin Tech can claim that is too expensive?

tonx said:
Well im happy for you...
A real bowler knows that a 300 is only a 300 when done in a true competitive environment. Its like comparing someone sinking both free throws in basketball practise, and shooting the same 2 shots to win the major championship.
Its like this kid saying he has 2 900's in practise...

A real bowler? like you Andrew? can you clue me in as to what it takes to be a real bowler?

And what do you define as a competitive atmosphere for a 300? If I bowled one in my friendly social league tonight? or pot games down at W/bee with some mates, or the bowlers world cup last weekend? Are they all worth the same? If I bowled one at an unregistered centre, I still know I've done it...I'd still be equally pleased. I dont need someone to say "yeah its ok mate, thats legal, well done." I know my equipment is within legal weights before I bowl. And if the lanes are easy? so what? they are few and between for me anyway.

Chucky said:
but really the fact you threw a 300 is still the same.. do you need a higher party to say yes it is for you to be happy. i would love to throw one i don care if it was practise disco or in league.

I've thrown a 300 in practice - doesn't mean very much to me at all.

Until I get out of the 290s (a 295 one-handed and a 298 two-handed), I won't know what it feels like to put that last shot away for the perfect game. My 787 series for 3 in league meant much more to me than the practice 300 ever will.

Thanks for posting the info Jase.. I had previously read it and thought it was rather interesting. A lot of people didn't seem to know, now they should.

rychenroller said:
A real bowler? like you Andrew? can you clue me in as to what it takes to be a real bowler?
And what do you define as a competitive atmosphere for a 300? If I bowled one in my friendly social league tonight? or pot games down at W/bee with some mates, or the bowlers world cup last weekend? Are they all worth the same? If I bowled one at an unregistered centre, I still know I've done it...I'd still be equally pleased. I dont need someone to say "yeah its ok mate, thats legal, well done." I know my equipment is within legal weights before I bowl. And if the lanes are easy? so what? they are few and between for me anyway.

Well if you wanna get nit picky on something that I have said (as per usual) YES I believe practise 300's DON'T COUNT. They have absolutely nowhere near the pressure on bowling 1 in league. If you want to count a 300 in practise as a legit 300 then go right the hell ahead, but I would prefer to throw 300's in leagues and tournaments than in practise. WHEN IT ACTUALLY MATTERS.

Ive personally had 27 strikes in a row in practise, and during that time, not once did my heatbeat raise. In fact, because it was practise, I was concentrating more on my form and balance at the line, rather than what the end result was. The last time I had the front 11 in league, I can tell you my heart was racing.

Ive said nothing about if a lane is easy or hard, but a sanctioned 300 means much more to 95% of the bowlers out there than one done in practise. If a centre is deregistered, the pins may not be of legal weight, & the lane specs may not be of legal measurements.

Your going to tell me that you would prefer to have a 300 in practise, than a 300 in a nationally accredited league/tournament? RRRRight...

get back on topic.

I also said nothing about practice, read the post.

I also have bowled 300's in practice, and they mean little.

So when does 1 300 mean more than another (when not in practice) When someone else says so?

Ok mr analytical,

your telling me you would prefer a SOCIAL 300 to a nationally accredited 300?

Is that better?

Personally i'd rather a few 200's before i think about 300's :)

a 300 is a great feat no matter the situation.

but a registered and official 300, well......That'd b the creame of the Crop !

tonx said:
Ok mr analytical,
your telling me you would prefer a SOCIAL 300 to a nationally accredited 300?
Is that better?

You're right about one thing, this should get back on topic...

What I'm trying to bring to your attention is different levels of the sport, but still accredited. If I bowled a 300 in league tonight (nationally recognized as we are a sanctioned centre) would it be worth more or less than say I did it last weekend (in national tournament) My answer would be they are both the same. Melton is also a very tough centre. To bowl a 300 there, you would have to know you are totally on top of your game.

Last post from me here, back to the topic.

Werribee said:
Jase,
Perhaps the proprietors should start a deregistered bowlers site for bowlers who don't pay entry fees etc... or who abscond with prize funds.
Edi De Pellegrin
Werribee Superbowl

This could be a good idea. I know these things are a problem. I'd be in favour of that. However, I would prefer somebody like TBA to administer this as I feel a proprietor could be a bit more biased towards some people vs others. Just a thought.

Not game enough to say anything else here - I have a fragile ego. ;) ;)

Liz

ummmmm..... egg hatching is " off - topic "
i asked Tonx a similar question a few day's ago , and my post was deleted . for being ..."off - topic" .:-# [-( 8-[ [-X

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what it does, but if you click on the egg, you can have your very own.

I think its due to hatch tonight?

Back
Top Bottom