From the TBA Website

Please all bowlers note,TBA website made a small change to the note under the list of unregistered centres, as follows:

Any bowler who continues to compete in league or tournament play in a centre which remains listed as unregistered will be ineligible to compete in any TBA Accredited event, represent their Region, State or Nation in any Regional, State or National teams event. High games will not be recognised, league games will not be accredited, TBA national ranking points allocated to any bowlers competing in the above centres will be removed and the Association servicing the centre will become liable for suspension.

good topic Jase, well done.

it is not just about a 300 game, but any bowler who may want to bowl in a representive trial, (shield, deveer, youth , rachauig or seniors) and they will not be eligible to bowl in the national tournament.

if you bowl in two centers (or more) and paid your sports registration fee, and because you bowl in a registered center, but, also you bowl in an unregistered center, you will not be eligible for state or national representation.

all of this may be unknown to you as the bowler.

As a centre that holds a number of tournaments and State championships, trials for state teams etc. Could someone please explain how these rules will be enforced. If a bowler produces a 2006 TBA card at our event then I feel that they have fulifilled their duty by having paid a registration fee in a centre that is registered by TBA therefore allowing those bowlers to bowl in our tournament. As a tournament director or centre Manager I do not have the resources to track every league and centre in Australia to see if these bowlers have breached the NEW TBA rules and regulations. Will the TBA board travel to each tournament and check each invividual bowler to asceratin if they are free to bowl in this event, or will TBA wait until the event is over and tell the organizors that their event will not receive accreditaion or ranking points because one our bowlers in the Tournament is still bowling in an un-registred centre at the time of the event.Mind you they still have a current 2006 TBA officially approved card. This card does not say anything about bowling in an un-registered centre.
Will this also indicate that League's will not be registered because some bowlers may still be bowling in a centre that is not registered to date.:confused: :confused:

The main question here is should bowlers be punished for the mere fact they are bowling (in most cases geographically because they have no other option) in an unregistered centre.
In my opinion no they should not. It is not their fault the person who has the right to make this choice chooses not to pay a fee he believes is of no benefit to him/her/self.
What can you do about this? That depends on the reason for TBA to make this ruling.
I suggest bowlers in those centres ask the proprietor why he has chosen this line and what needs to happen for him to change his mind. If you can help by donating some time to rectify it (i.e. help collect fees for the centre or act as a representative for the closest area association) to ensure the proprietor recovers these fees then please do so.
The other option is to ask the TBA to please explain why this ruling is in place to penalise the bowler when it is the owner of the centres choice not to register.
I know TBA has an official policy not to post here but I think this is a legitimate and frank question to ask.
Also I suggest you take heed of Edi's earlier posts as abusing people or places on public forum's is not a smart thing to do and is not what this forum is about.

I have spoken with Peter Coburn and Joe in response to your post, Peter's response is

"I'm sure that all you need to do is call TBA or a Board member to have these points clarified"!!

Now to clarify a few things for bowlers in question i have this to add.

Whenever possible a TBA representative will be present at accredited events, especially ranked events, to check that each competitor has a current 2006 TBA Registered Player Card. Additionally, if the event is limited to an age group then age eligibility may also be checked.

Accredited entry forms always state that "this event is open to current TBA Registered Players" anyway so this should be part of the check-in routine whether a TBA representative is present or not.

If a bowler from an unregistered centre competes in a ranked or accredited event then only his/her allocated ranking points will be removed not those from the remainder of the tournament. TBA has no need to penalize those bowlers that compete in a registered centre.

TBA have already identified a number of bowlers entered into the 2006 Canberra Seniors Cup that will not be permitted to bowl if their centre remains unlisted.

I urge all bowlers to not take this ruling too lightly or have the she be right mate attitude.

Jase

Jase said:
TBA have already identified a number of bowlers entered into the 2006 Canberra Seniors Cup that will not be permitted to bowl if their centre remains unlisted.
Jase

Scenario

Bowler X normally bowls in de-registered centre, rocks up to a tournament and says "I no longer bowl there, I bowl @ XYZ centre now"

What happens there?

There are a few too many holes in this ruling for my liking. Kinda like the "wear collared shirts during nationally ranked tournaments" and yet every tournament ive bowled in in the past 6mths have had multiple bowlers with collarless shirts.

We NEED to know what happens, and if rules are there, they need to be governed.

Regards....

If a bowler has a legitimate, current sanction card from an accredited centre, why should the TBA care where he/she bowls league? So long as the bowler makes every effort to be sanctioned, they should not IMHO be penalised for something they personally have no control over. I can understand taking this stance with regard to metropolitan centres, but in a case where a centre is geographically isolated the result will be forcing bowlers to quit the game at a time when the sport is in enough trouble already.

It is like penalising a bowler for throwing social games, which is essentially what unsanctioned league is - ridiculous.

Hey Joe,
You should know the answers to your own questions seeing that you are the Victorian Manager for Tenpin Bowling Australia..
Also any bowler has paid their registration in an unregistered centre you should not have a TBA rego card yet as TBA will not send them out until your centre has been registered.

Another scenario to consider, that in my mind has not been addressed at all:

Bowler X bowls 3 leagues in 3 different centres to get regular play on a variety of lane conditinos. 2 of these centres are registered with the TBA but 1 isn't. Bowler X registers for TBA at one of the registered centres, shows up at a ranked tournament, produces his TBA membership card to comply with TBA requirements, his home centre is confirmed as registered with TBA, and he is allowed to bowl.

But, according to the policy on the TBA website, Bowler X should not be allowed to bowl in the ranked tournament because he bowls in a league at an unregistered centre, even though he bowls 2 other leagues in 2 other sanctioned centres (1 of which is his home centre) and is a registered bowler himself. The question Joe asked is how is this going to be enforced?

The way I see it, simply checking the details on a TBA Player Card does not cover this at all. To enforce this ruling, the TBA representative at the tournament will need an up-to-date list of every bowler in every league in every centre in the country (whether the centre is registered or not) and have red flags next to every bowler bowling in the leagues at un-registered centres, to tell them when they check in that they aren't allowed to bowl because they bowl in a league at an un-registered centre. Given that we are talking about centres that for whatever reason aren't supporting the TBA, I don't think this ruling will be able to be consistently enforced at all as there is no way that the TBA will get the required level of cooperation from the unregistered centres.

Perhaps a further explanation by TBA (either through the TBA website or TotalBowling) on exactly how this policy will be enforced would help to dispel all doubts about this policy.

David.

Beanie,

I think your scenraio hits the nail on the head, and should cause the TBA to be very specific (perhaps give specific scenarios) in how the rule is to be enforced.

I would think any bowler who is sanctioned in a centre which is registered, but also bowls in a league which is not registered has every right to take action against the TBA if they are stripped of any right that any other sanctioned player has. To penalise the bowler in this situation is something every bowler needs to suggest to the TBA is wrong.

If a bowler is sanctioned, but bowls in a league in a non-registered centre, is no different from any bowler being sanctioned and bowling in an unsanctioned league.

Vaughnn

here's another scenario - the unregistered centre(s) indicate early that they are prepared to be part of the 2006 tba lane levy/membership system and receive their 2006 cards.

The centre(s) sell the cards at $11.00 each and issue them to their bowlers.

The centre then does not forward this money on to tba nor pay their 2006 invoice.

Bowlers rock up to state team trials or accredited tournaments with a 2006 card with an unregistered centre printed on the card.

Speaking to the powers that be, this scenario is very common and bowlers in this position have every right to be refused entry by the tba rep. These bowlers need to go back to these centres and demand an explanation as the cards are being sold under false pretenses.

Jase,

the point you make about entry into national events is highglighted by the following. Rachuig and Devere pre requisities in NSW is that you MUST bowl all events at NSW State Championships and where are these to be held in 2006 - Liverpool on the long weekend in June a centre on the list as not sanctioned as at 28/2/06.

so what happens they remain unsanctioned lanes and the entire representative squad from NSW is not eligible to compete at this years Nationals in Tassie.

so what can be done, the easiest thing is that the centre does what is necessary and gets sanctioned. if this doesn't occur the NSW association has no real alternative but to move the championships to a sanctioned centre.

that causes even more headaches. I for one intending to compete has booked a motel in Liverpool for 40 bowlers travelling down from regional NSW, if the event is moved i will have to reorganise motels, what a pain.

come on Liverpool get organised and get sanctioned i say.

Shoey.

My question is can they do it legally?
I'm no lawyer but I've heard of laws about freedom of association. I fully agree that you must be a member of an association to compete in their events but to exclude someone because they belong to another association or none at all seems a bit much. It's like saying you can't drive in Holden car club race (even though you're a member) because you sometimes drive a Ford.

Roger

All of what people are saying now vindicates 100% the original post by Jase. Again, thanks Jase for posting the information.

Jase said:
Chucky,
Any bowler who competes in a league or tournament in a centre listed as unregistered will be ineligible to compete in any TBA Accredited event, represent their Region, State or Nation in any Regional, State or National teams event. High games will not be recognized, league games will not be accredited, removal of TBA national ranking points allocated to any bowlers competing in the above Centres, suspension of the association servicing the centre, bowlers become ineligible for regional, state and national team selection.
So who wants to tell someone that they can’t be in that Rep team they just made because of a sanctioning reason. What if this happened to you and like Feral said some people don’t have internet and thanks to this forum he was able to inform another Rep team member.

OK I have not read every post on this but we have a problem, I was not going to mention the centres involved but to make sence I feel I must.
I paid my sanctions at Sale as my home centre and also bowl a league at Morwell at which I paid a portion of sanction aswell, now someone that bowls both leagues with me sanctioned at Morwell first (thinking he would get his sanction card quicker) then went to Sale to pay his sanction and was told that he could not sanction there because he had already sanctioned at Morwell. So he can't be a sanctioned bowler at Sale? Now this person wanted his sanction card asap so he could tryout for Walter De Veer. Where does he stand in this? Does this also mean that I should get a refund from Morwell?
Isn't it a bit late in the year for this to come to light and all the bowlers are trying to do is sanction. Why penalise the bowler for trying to do the right thing only to find out later that it was wrong. By the way the bowler involved who is wanting to try out for Wdv is not aware yet that Morwell is not sanctioned.

Can somebody please help us out with what to do.

Gunther

Gunther I know what I would do if I were in this situation. I would nominate for your State roll-off.

Tell the State Adult Committee your problem and if they want to exclude you, get it in writing.

State committees dont want to lose bowlers who are willing to nominate and its a certain bet they would accept your nomination.
You have done all the right things, let the State body argue with TBA on your behalf if necessary.

Jase said:
My point being if a bowler was to throw his first 300 or any 300 for that matter it wouldn’t be recognized.QUOTE]

I've bowled 3, had all pins weighed, ball's weighed, all paperwork submitted and no recognition, so what's the ****ing difference weather i bowl in a registered centre or not??? I'm up for the same end result

And YES!! They were all bowled in registered centers. And in registered leagues

Andrew its not me as im beyond wdv ave but the person involved who only just missed out last year and is so looking forward to the trials how do you tell him he cant for not his fault. He has been looking forward to the roll offs since last year and has worked hard on his bowling to do so. This person has only been bowling 21/2 years and realy wants to do this as he would be proud to bowl for his state.

First question I would ask is.why is Morwell not registered, is it because of an oversight and they will be supporting TBA as they have normally done, or has Morwell not received any paper work with regards to the new Lane Levy. Has the the TBA Trust been in contact with Morwell to find out what the real story is. Maybe all these questions should be fired up to Peter Stenning who is payed by TBA to control all these matters, my question to the Trust would be have you Telephoned all the centres who have been listed as un-registered and has there been an oversight or are they really serious about not registering their centre with TBA in 2005. I find it hard to believe that the Latrobe Valley Tenpin Bowling Association would have let the situation get to this stage. And why did TBA have to highlight all these centres, was it so that we would shame the centres into hoping on board with TBA.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom