Australia-Phillipines
Friendship Games 2007

It has to be said that it was one of the more
enjoyable tournaments i have had the
pleasure of participating in....Nestor, Kelly & Lindz
were exceptional in the running of the tourny :thmbup:
and the staff and crew at Dandy although extremely
exhausted did a magnificent job at catering to
everyones needs....you all should be commended ;)

Congratulations to all the winners of their respective divisions
there was some great bowling over the 2 days...but more
importantly...there were some great friendships formed...
What a wonderful event and we look forward to doing it
all again Next year...

A special thank you to those of you who prepared the wonderful food afterwards especially the Lechons....it was delicious and my baby thanx you:D

It was a pleasure having you guys around. The bonding we have during the past two days is just like we have known each and everyone for a very long time. What can I say mates your all genuine supporter of what we call FRIENDSHIP GAMES and I respect you in every way I can. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Take good care of baby mary...Cheers!!!

Nestor

ON BEHALF OF THE FILIPINO AUSTRALIAN BOWLERS LEAGUE OF MELBOURNE I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK YOU ALL THE SPONSORS, PAENG NEPOMUCENO, AMF DANDY STAFFS, MEMBERS OF FABLM (WHO DONATED THEIR TIME AND PREPARED A WONDERFUL MENU & SWEETS),DANNY GERONIMO (WHO SUPERVISED THE FOOD PREPARATION) PTBL (WHO DONATED THE LECHON), LAURIE ELSO (WHO COLLECTED SCORE SHEETS TO ENSURE CORRECTNESS OF SCORING), SYDNEY BOWLERS, BRISBANE BOWLER, CARABEO'S FAMILY(PHILIPPINES), SUNSHINE BOWLERS, KELLY & NINA RAVECHE (UNIFORM SPONSOR) & TO ALL WHO MADE THIS EVENT A VERY SUCCESSFUL TOURNAMENT (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)... CHEERS & MORE POWER TO ALL...

NESTOR - FABLM PRESIDENT

TO ROSS, LAURIE & NATHAN..

SORRY MY FRIENDS WE COULD HAVE NAILED THE TEAM GAMES EVENT BUT I HAVE LET YOU DOWN IN THE LAST GAME...LET ME MAKE IT UP TO YOU NEXT YEAR I PROMISED... CHEERS!!!

NESTOR

thanks to everyone as well it was agreat event and a pleasure to be part of its a pity i couldn't attend on the second day as you almost have me addicted to pot games!
cheers

Hey All,

Mary - It was a PLEASURE having you there, just leave Barry at home next year please:p

Mac - you addicted to pot games??? couldn't be! Well 0433 389 901 every wednesday we are somewhere!

Once again, thank you to everyone who helped to make this a successful event.... bowlers, organisers, chefs, staff, sponsors, EVERYONE!

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL the winners, we'l see you again next year!

Lindsay
The 'AWE' in "SHOCK & AWE"

Thanks and congrats to all participants in this year's events. We are all winners and can't wait for the next one.

KELLY (SHOCK & AWE)
LET'S ROLL AND PLAY THE GAME WE ALL LOVE...TENPIN BOWLING!!!

I would like to thank all Involved in these games ....I had a ball & met alot of great people ...Nestor put that mic down.!!!!:D:D...
Gee we ate well !!!
Loooking forward to next year already.

Mick carlsson.

I think everyone who has posted in this thread would agree with me that this year's Friendship Games was a success. There were definitely some fun times throughout the whole weekend ... & just like every filipino gathering, there was an influx of laughter, harmless bantering, food to feed a whole suburb & of course ... pot games (haha ... just kidding).

Congrats to all the winners throughout the w'end => Tito Tato, Tita Cynthia, Jeff & Paeng for teams, Baz & Tothie in the doubles, Nicole & Alan in the singles. There were many close encounters ... esp. in the final of the singles (Nicole winning by a couple of sticks - great win for the birthday girl! :)) ... & there was some great bowling => the superb 900+ team scratch from the Carabeo's + Paeng ... Some winning moments => Mary cleaning up in the raffle (I tell ya Mary ... the baby will appreciate a new "Brunswick 2 roller stroller" to get around in & a Brunswick Fury for its 1st birthday .... ;)) & of course ... some humerous moments => Leo defending his "bridesmaid title" in the singles ... Always a bridesmaid ... never a bride :mad:. Haha.

I hope that next year this event will attract more newbies to the tournament. It was great to meet many new friends & catch up with some of the old ones. Thank you to everyone who made this event possible.

Cheers,

Roxy Medel

SORRY FOLKS I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED EARLIER. MANY THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING BOWLERS WHO CAME FROM SYDNEY, BRISBANE & QUEENSLAND JUST TO BOWL WITH US. MANNY, ROSE, FLOR, PAYAM & ADAM. AND THERE WAS ONE BOWLER FROM QUEENSLAND SORRY MATE I MISSED YOUR NAME I'M NOT GOOD AT REMEMBERING IT, I'LL POST IT AS SOON AS I CAN...

TO ALL THE WINNERS CONGRATULATIONS...ALAN & NICOLE FOR THE SINGLES EVENT, BARRY & PAUL FOR THE DOUBLES EVENT, PAENG, CYNTHIA, JEFF & TATO FOR THE 4 PERSON TEAM EVENT & BRYAN GRUESO FOR HIGH SCRATCH GAME OF 289. AND OF-COURSE WINNERS OF THE POT MONEY WE DON'T GAMBLE. WANNA BET? BOYS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN...

WELL DONE FOLKS, CHEERS,

NESTOR

I would like to thank all Involved in these games ....I had a ball & met alot of great people ...Nestor put that mic down.!!!!:D:D...
Gee we ate well !!!
Loooking forward to next year already.
Mick carlsson.
Sorry mate, someone have to do it...that's meeeee...And our pleasure having you around plus your 49 bowlers in 2008...:D;)

thanks to everyone as well it was agreat event and a pleasure to be part of its a pity i couldn't attend on the second day as you almost have me addicted to pot games!
cheers
No we thank you... Cheers!!!:D

Thank you to Nestor, Kelly & the gang for organising the Australia-Phillipines Friendship Games 2007.

Alan & I had a wonderful time bowling with so many friendly people. Everyone was so welcoming & the food was delicious. (Especially the Cup Cakes!!)

Congratulations to the winners in there respective divisions.

Especially Barry & Tothy on winning the doubles event. Even thou I wasn't there to see you bowl the whole time, I hear you bowled awesome & the BABY fund was looked after very well!! Great bowling Baz, just in time for East Coast next week...

Well done to Nicole on winning the womens singles event. As Rozy said it was a close final but nicole prevailed in the end & was the only lady not to have any handicap at all. Great effort Nicole, keep it going next week...

And awesome bowling to my man Alan on winning the Mens singles event, also without any handicap. :groupwave:
Alan averaged 230 for his 14 games & never looked like missing. As Mick said "He had his East Coast Face on"!!
Alan even picked up the 7-10 split in qualfying (Which I wasn't too happy about b/c I didn't get to see it. And I dont think Barry was too happy about getting the High 5 afterwards either!! I hope the shoulder is feeling better today Baz..) :surrender:
I'm very proud of you babe & I can't wait to see you keep it going for East Coast.

Alan & I would just like to say thank you once again for the tournament. Everything ran so well (apart from running on Phillipines time!!)...
But we will definately be there next year...

Jenny & Alan ;)

NETOY,
BRISBANE BOWLER NAME IS ADAM. LAST NAME ..I DON'T KNOW... I THINK I GOT YOUR FORGETTING NAMES ILLNESS TOO.

MY NAME ..I FORGOT

Kelly and Nestor... easy with the capital letters bro. We hear you :D
Well done on your tournament guys. Looks like everyone that turned up had fun. Thanks for the invitation. Sorry we were overseas this time but be rest assured we will come and support you guys on the next one ;)
Cheers bro
Alex

SORRY FOLKS I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED EARLIER. MANY THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING BOWLERS WHO CAME FROM SYDNEY, BRISBANE & QUEENSLAND JUST TO BOWL WITH US. MANNY, ROSE, FLOR, PAYAM & ADAM. AND THERE WAS ONE BOWLER FROM QUEENSLAND SORRY MATE I MISSED YOUR NAME I'M NOT GOOD AT REMEMBERING IT, I'LL POST IT AS SOON AS I CAN...
TO ALL THE WINNERS CONGRATULATIONS...ALAN & NICOLE FOR THE SINGLES EVENT, BARRY & PAUL FOR THE DOUBLES EVENT, PAENG, CYNTHIA, JEFF & TATO FOR THE 4 PERSON TEAM EVENT & BRYAN GRUESO FOR HIGH SCRATCH GAME OF 289. AND OF-COURSE WINNERS OF THE POT MONEY WE DON'T GAMBLE. WANNA BET? BOYS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN...
WELL DONE FOLKS, CHEERS,
NESTOR

SORRY DOUBLES EVENT WAS BARRY & STEVE...NOT PAUL...

Back
Top Bottom