Drilling patterns info for dummies

R

ratter

Hi I want to learn about the different terms used and positions etc when drilling a ball.
I would like some basic info to teach me from the start, i'm not looking at drilling my own balls, but I'm into technicals things and would like to understand what it all means and does

Any websites, articles etc would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mick

if you ever had the money and tme spare doing the tba ball driller course would be a good place to start it was well worth the effort to set it up and attend

Here's another question for the experienced drillers.

I've completed the Level 1 Driller's course a little while ago, and I'm looking at expanding my layout knowledge. Can a driller use, say Brunswick symmetrical drilling options for other symmetrical balls?

Also, where else can one go for layout advice (besides the manufacturers' websites)?

Can a driller use, say Brunswick symmetrical drilling options for other symmetrical balls?

Symmetrical balls can all be laid out using the same theories. The pin to pap, pin height, Extra Hole placement and surface are the only controllable variables on all symmetrical bowling balls.

Even asymmetrical bowling balls can be drilled using other manufacturers drilling instructions. There are only 2 types of balls I can think of that don't use "conventional" MB placements, and they are the AMB series from Visionary, and the Hammer No Mercy.

The most important thing to learn is how to identify your positive axis point, and how to use it when laying out a bowling ball.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom