Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

i30girl07

Tweety
Just a general question.
Do You Like Your Hours of Work?
Let us know and state the hours and where if you wish.

Myself i'd have to say yes but i think there will be many no's. My hours are 6.30am - 2pm M-F at the Melbourne Markets. Leaves me free for an afternoon. AND NO OVERTIME!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with mine, I work 73.5 hours a fortnight but being in the ACT public service I get flex time, so I can work extra and accrue the time (up to a week's worth) and then take the time off when I want to (as long as it doesn't impact negatively on our operational requirements). In my little area, we have to have someone on board during "core hours" which is 8am to 5pm, but we have one guy who is always an early starter (7am) and one who is a late finisher (always here till 5pm) so that pretty much leaves me free to start any time between 7 and 9am, and then finish any time between 3 and 6pm. Gives me a lot of flexibility.

I work at The Alfred Hospital doing only 25 hours per week. Which leaves me loads of time for myself.......

Although more hours would be good I am happy plodding along at the pace I have.....gotten used to the routine so to speak now......

Charlene

i work as a minmum the 38 hrs 7 - 330 but for the last 2 years basically it has been at least 5- 330 5 days plus half sat , n e where up to 82 was my biggest week

hahah

try running a pizza hut

40 hours well thats what you get paid for anyway
if your lucky u will do 50 then working nights and weekends

no wonder im looking for new werk :p

i work in a glass factory on graveyard shift
11 pm - 7 am
i like it because theres no boss
because im not waking up in the cold
but i am going to a new job on monday back on days
but i dont mind either shift
i hate arvo shift

daniel d

At the moment I have 3 days per week, 9 til 3....love it as you miss the majority of the traffic in the morning and the afternoon, get the girl off to school and the old boy off to work, still time to do my housework before I go....suits me.:D

Sarah, did you contact my employer this week?

Just got an email from the powers above to inform me that I no longer have to work till 9pm occasionally, and we are now not going to be working Saturdays either!

Old hours:
8-9 mon-fri
new hours - 8-6.30

old hours saturday 8-5
new hours - not working.....

:D:D:D:D:D

i work a min of 55 and anywhere up to 70 hours a week.
on avg i work about 62-63 hours per week.
i don't mind the hours cos i get paid very well.
Puss

my working hours at DAL are good i work 4 days a week and work 7 hours straight from 8.45am-3.45pm

eventally once i get all 3 hospitality certificates that will change :D:D

i work in a glass factory on graveyard shift
11 pm - 7 am
i like it because theres no boss
because im not waking up in the cold
but i am going to a new job on monday back on days
but i dont mind either shift
i hate arvo shift
daniel d

just got a new job outside glazing
commercial fitouts and stuff
6:00 till 2:30 but regular o/t at least 1 hour a day normal
good thing is we get paid while travelling to each job so theres about 1-1.5 hours traveling in truck to and from each job that we get paid for
get paid from when leave shed til get back 6:00 - 3:30
good money too
daniel d

I work 2d,2n... 5 off, 2d,2n... 5 off, 2d,1n... 6 off and then 1d,2n... 5 off and back to start. The shifts are 12hrs long. (d=days, n=nights)
With this sort of roster... who needs annaul leave. Take 36 hrs and get 2 weeks off.
Only means that i need to pre bowl every 4 weeks and can only bowl in leagues that start after 7:30pm.
Mick

Hey there all,

I love my hours of where I work which is at Telstra. M-F, 7-3pm with a 20 minute tea break at 9am and a half hour lunch break at 12. 37.5 hours and good working conditions and awesome pay. I really don't think it gets much better than that at the moment for me. :)

Danni

I really like my hours.
I am a Private Investigators so i choose when i work and don't work.
At the moment I am working for Vodafone in the Fraud department, i only work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I work 32 hours and get paid for 48.
I also do a lot of work for Centrelink and Work Cover.

Back
Top Bottom