Depressing = Woodville Ten Pin Bowling centre

I was very disappointed with the condition of Woodville Ten Pin bowling centre 22/6/14 - the centre it self was Very depressing / dirty - Unclean every where from ball return / walls / floors / toilets / carpet / furniture + musty smelling - no air circulation = just terrible - I'm not in any hurry to return there :(

Not surprised unfortunately to say. Used to be league bowler there until moving interstate. Any complaints made are generally ignored. The only team member that was there that actually cared about the league bowlers was pushed out of the centre for being too bossy to the other team members. Such a shame as that person would have made a great centre manager. Before I left most of the team members there didn't have a clue about the sport.

Yep the air flow does leave much to be desired. They really also need to do so something about the flooring in the players area that's all bubbling up. And those stains on the seats . . . Well . . . That's just yuk. I believe that centre had a makeover some years ago when it went up in flames or something? What was made over other than the bar bit in the other area? Not the best although I loved their approaches which were nice and smooth.

bowled league there tonight. I think AMF is currently experimenting with Woodville as there 1st self serve control desk. Several times over the last few weeks we have actually had to resort to ringing the centre on mobile phones to get someone to attend the control desk after waiting there for 5-10 minutes to get served. Not just league bowlers having to wait but social bowlers off the street as well.

AND it takes a long time for anyone to attend to lane issues. You shouldn't have to wait nearly 5 minutes for a team member from the counter (not the mechanic) to come a get a pin put of the gutter. Yes that's right. Nearly 5 minutes. I've never seen a lane get turned off just because there's a pin in the gutter. They seriously need to take a leaf out of Village and Noarlunga's AMF centre's books re service.

5 minutes! Thats ridiculous especially having to ring the centre just to get someone. Chermside, the centre I bowl league here in Brisbane usually the lane tech will hang around behind where leagues are bowling so if a problem occurs they are on it straight away. Not bad for a centre where they generally only have 3 people working at the most at any one time.

Reactions: ms
And on top of the above, the men's toilet has 3 urinals and over the last couple of years at least one of them is full of urine (unusable) and stinks and of course they are waterless so does not get flushed and l cannot understand why AMF put waterless urinals in some Centres..... Oh.... hang on it saves a couple of dollars on water but please do not worry about the hygiene and the awful stench..... cheers

Is that still not fixed? So much for that survey they gave bowlers of the Cresknit League to fill out a couple of years back or so. We actually noted the state of the amenities in that survey.

wrote a polite message to AMF on the AMF website about some of the problems people are having at woodville bowl. got a thankyou message after submitting and also saying someone would be in contact with you within 24 hrs to discuss the matter.

what a surprise, been over a week and not a peep. is it any wonder the centre staff dont give a sh!t when the monkeys at head office dont give a sh!t.

Now now Chin, it has only been a week, you know it takes quite a long time to get something to eat or even a cup of coffee, so perhaps you should allow up to 6 months !!!!

Geez Rob, might have to ring the front counter at head office so someone comes to check the emails...

So Rob what has changed - staff that know nothing about our great sport employed - makes you wonder the mentality of "upper" management. We have similar problems in local AMF center - place is filthy when we arrive for league, one person on control desk to handle the night league plus social bowlers, wait ages at snack bar to get served have to run back & forth between frames to get served (most of league have resorted to bringing own drinks/snacks) I could go on for ages but most subscribers online would know what the situation is out there

Back
Top Bottom