De Veer handicaps

Ice

With regard to the new system of calculating handicaps for De Veer, that being the highest of a) league ave b) roll-off ave c) all events ave.....l wonder what happens if a person has not completed an all-events prior to the commencement of De Veer. For example if they are still bowling their events after De Veer has already begun due to squad allocations???

An interesting scenario and one I hadn't thought of until I got my squad times.

Don't the rule's state u have to bowl your all event's before De Veer :confused:
Gary........................:cool:

Rule 6 (h) Must have completed an All Events entry in the current year’s National Adult Championship prior to the commencement of the Walter De Veer Interstate Restricted Challenge.

Based on this rule if you have not completed your All Events before De Veer Day 1 then you won't be bowling.

One would assume then that those of us that have been scheduled to play various all events after the commencment of Walter de Veer will have to be rescheduled to play these events earlier.
The reason we were given for this scheduling was the high numbers of competitors nominating for championships, and the difficulties in fitting everyone into the available time frame.

Den

If I had to wait until after De Veer to complete my all Events, I'd be on to the tournament director immeadiately to rectify the situation.

According to the TBA website, there is only one squad that is full at the moment, so there should be some room.

Thanks guys for pointing that out, didn't realise it said that in the rules and I will look into immediately. Anybody know for sure if the Welcome Squad counts towards all-events???

Ice said:
Thanks guys for pointing that out, didn't realise it said that in the rules and I will look into immediately. Anybody know for sure if the Welcome Squad counts towards all-events???

I Believe it does ... but I may be wrong.

According to the TBA website, there is only one squad that is full at the moment, so there should be some room

Spanner, where do I go to look at this, what link is it under?

The Welcome tournament can count as your team event for the Nationals (ie included in All Events). This is shown on the Welcome tournament entry form.

Back
Top Bottom