Dates for this years ACTTBA events

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
All,

Please take notes of the following dates relevant to the ACT Calendar this year;

ACT State Championships: August 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 (Friday nights)
ACT Team Trials (Youth, adult, upwards): June 21, 22
Presidents Shield Trials: September 26, 27

Jeff

Hey Jeff

With the format for Open Masters in regards to the cut in the mens division it states 2 different numbers.

10.b. At the conclusion of six games, the highest five men and four women on scratch pinfall will progress to an elimination round. The remaining bowlers will be eliminated and ranked according to their scratch total to determine their finishing positions.

10.d. The top four bowlers will bowl one game blocks with all remaining bowlers in the division on the same pair.

On another note, its great to see the pattern changed to something a little harder for masters!!!

Lastly, while I'm on the site and remember the record for highest all events needs to be updated ... by around 100 pins :p lol

Michael

10.b is right, five men.

What do you think of the format? I toyed with a few ideas for a while, I was aiming for something that anyone capable of shooting a good game has a chance of winning if they can be consistent and keep up the performance. No reward for going 290 - 190 from me :)

Its not too bad, its always good to have a change. My only criticism would be the short number of games but at the same time can understand its hard to promise a longer format if we get entries for masters like we did last year.

It will be good to see how it goes this year and might lead to somthing similar next year but with a longer format and more bowlers.

If we had more bowlers, you'd have more games by default. If we can get higher numbers, you can have more games next year :)

The other trick too is keeping the cost down, lineage will account for most of the entry fee.

That's a fair question, and a good point. Yes, they've moved back about a month to allow for Cheryl Munson's visit and the other events in town beforehand.

Planned dates 31/10 & 1/11, still in Tuggeranong. Will confirm.

Pretty soon. Six to four weeks from trials dates, generally. Which means a month or so possibly.

Back
Top Bottom