2008 ACT State Championships

Well it's that time of the event again where I start issuing congratulatory notes to trophy event participants.

Results from todays Seniors Cup are in, and we had some remarkable scores, and carry. (I might add that one might remark in in a lot of ways...)

Congratulations to Mike Seymour who smacked home the Mens title (apparently going 204, 269, 284, 210 to back the day out helped) and Judy Howe who clinched the Womens title in the last game after a pretty close battle with the top few ladies.

Results attached

And sadly (very sadly, you have no idea) Jeff missed the Ice Hockey. Although watching the back end reaction on a lot of those deliveries today, I thought I may have gotten to the ice early...

Attachments

• 2008 Seniors Cup.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 47
Alrighty. Let me kick off this post by firstly thanking everybody - I've not had a single person pester me about getting results up on Sundays this event. :D

Secondly, I must thank all of those people who assisted me over the weekends - there really are too many to mention, but the number of people who camped on a lane and did the continuous barrage of score corrections, running, and monitoring was wonderful. Especially since my tournament room was at the other end of the house :) :thumbup: (ten point bonus to anyone who can point me at an applause emoticon)

Congratulations to the following honorable mentions and champions from todays events!:
First up this morning was Restricted Cup. After some intense qualifying, there was actually some serious cash back to the prize pool, I think I handed out $400 odd to the boys, maybe a little more...

Anyway, moving right along. Establishing his dominance early and sustaining it throughout the morning was Koche Petrov, from Sydney, who earned himself the title of ACT Restricted Cup Male Champion 2008. In a narrow battle that was very close all day, Tracey Petrass brought home the proverbial bacon to make her second Restricted tournament win from two entered, I don't think she's retiring to preserve the perfect record though...

On to the Open Masters, and did we see some close games here. In the first womens elimination match the first game was won by a single pin, and in several other matches games were won and lost by a tenth frame error. Some matches were, on the other hand, simply bludgeoned home (enter Chris Thomas rolling 279 with his Dimension, I think). In the end, after many hard fought games, Mary-Lou Krout claimed victory over the ladies in a tight contest over Annette Bateup (2nd) and Chris Thomas charged home with a pretty big finish over Kim Leung (2nd).

Attached is the full Restricted Cup finals, and the Open Masters "Sprint" phase. Unfortunately with elimination happening I wasn't actually keeping scores electronically, but I will compile them and post them during the week or next weekend.

Congratulations to Chris, Mary-Lou, Koche and Tracey who will be representing the ACT at this years National Championships at Tuggeranong in October.

In other news, I'm told that Stoke beat Arsenal - say what now?!?

Attachments

• Restricted Cup.pdf
    33.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Open Masters Sprint.pdf
    31.8 KB · Views: 69
Thank you Jeff for running this event, and thank you for your patience with "The Posse". Needing extra squads and a few changes and a few removals, you were happy to do them as they were expressed to you far in advance.

Nice work! See you at HOLT!

Yeah changes aren't actually much of a problem if I'm told beforehand. The new software is actually a snap to yank entries out (or in) or change from singles to doubles (or back again)

Bring on Adelaide

Congratulations to my friend Chris Thomas on winning the ACT Open Masters with back to back 279's along the way with his Dimension. Averaging 240+ for the entire championships I do believe. (Only 10 pins a game behind Michael Craig...) Both throwing Storm for the entire event. Dimension/Rapid Fire Pearl/T-Road Solid/Special Agent for Chris and Gravity Shift for Michael.

Nice work Gents.

Good on you Jeff. Thanks for your efforts! It was nice to participate in a well run and remarkably on time Championships.

Congrats to all the Masters and Cup winners.

Cheers

It was nice to participate in a ... remarkably on time Championships.
You know, after all these years I still don't know how we get so behind sometimes...

Well, except for when Matt and Drew were bowling, then it was plain how we were losing time...

You know, after all these years I still don't know how we get so behind sometimes...
Well, except for when Matt and Drew were bowling, then it was plain how we were losing time...

What, we were only about 4 strikes a game off the pace... :surrender: :cardY:

Congratulations to all the Masters winners and thanks goes to Jeff for a well run championship.... :)

There's a good point, Elaine rolled herself a new PB by cracking 700 in her first squad up I think...

Back
Top Bottom