2008 ACT State Championships

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
All,

With the dates fast approaching I would like to announce the 2008 ACT State Championships so that you may arrange your schedules.

An entry form will be published as soon as possible to this website, and the usual other places.

The event is in AMF Belconnen on the weekends of August 16/17 and 23/24.
The event is Combined Adult and Junior
Seniors cup is Saturday 23rd in the early afternoon
Restricted Cup is Sunday 24th in the morning
Open Masters is Sunday 24th in the early afternoon
Entries involving an adult and a junior mixed together will not be permitted.
There are no junior trophy events, they will be conducted separately again.

I expect some of the popular times will fill remarkably quickly as space is at a premium, once the form is out you will need to get in quick to assure your squads.

Please note that all bowlers wishing to represent next year in basically any TBA-related team needs to complete an All Events in this championship. INCLUDING Presidents Junior Interstate Shield 2009 and the Youth Challenge 2010.

I would also like to recommend anybody thinking about Holt or already involved with Holt should come and participate as well.

Jeff

I wish i could've bowled in this event, but with Illawarra junior championships the 10/16/17 of august and then southern nsw rolloffs the weekend after, means i wont be able to compete.

Maybe next year as an adult.

Yes, there are squads the second weekend, for those travelling the first weekend, to complete an All Events but space will be limited.

The only teams squad on the second weekend is saturday @ 1045. There will be one and a half singles/doubles squads before that teams, and three singles/doubles squads on the sunday, all things being equal.

I've gotta work within the bounds of the venue's availability. There's actually more squads than last year, and 50% more lanes at least. We *should* fit, but it might take some juggling

The Wizards (disability league) play on Saturdays after the juniors and they don't like having their routine/schedule changed, so that's probably part of the issue Shoey..

Sorry I phrased that badly, we actually have as many lanes as we normally would.

Wizards did require some allowance which is why I have a half squad first thing in the morning, I have to be very careful with my timing around them, they reclaimed 50% of my lanespace.

To offset that, the centre has given me 50% extra lanes on the sunday morning.

In total, on average, I have 16 lanes from 8 to 6 each day. And since the second weekend is crowded by both Wizards and three adult trophy events, most of the squads are the first weekend. I did what I could to work in some extras the second weekend though.

Hopefully Palma and his posse will all make the trophy events and not put in entries for every squad the second weekend ;)

Hopefully Palma and his posse will all make the trophy events and not put in entries for every squad the second weekend ;)

Thats going to be a problem then Jeff. Looks like 13 of us are coming the 2nd weekend because of the Trophy Events...

Yes, well you guys can all make the cuts and not bowl the squads, is a good plan. You not coming both weekends?

Yes, well you guys can all make the cuts and not bowl the squads, is a good plan. You not coming both weekends?

What i'm saying is, most of us will come for the 2nd Saturday to bowl all events because of travel. They can sleep the night and do masters the next day.

A handfull of us will be there both weekends, 2nd weekend we'll bowl teams mainly anyway. Saves you some lanes :p

The entry form for this event is now available in the entry forms board. Please see [Post=195255]this post[/Post]

By next year I'm going to have this form soooo reusable all I need to change is the covers...

In the meantime, please link to [Post=195278]this form[/Post] in stead of the above

That's what I get making promises at 11 in the morning, I mean who's together by then?!?

I'm not sure why I remembered this tonight, but I did...

Attachments

• 2008_ACT_State_Championships_EntryPages.doc
    190 KB · Views: 35
Well as predicted, the 23rd is popular.
There's just six singles spots left first thing in the morning, but there's a little more space still available at 9am.

I've processed and sent out confirmations for all of the entries I received so quickly, if you haven't received confirmation (through your group manager) and you wanted to bowl on the 23rd, I'd recommend chasing it up.

Jeff
([email protected])

Well there's an interesting story there, but I'm not going to write the novel.

We can all thank Sandy in a good way for the delay in getting out confirmations this week, I opened up the half a dozen sets I had to put in and discovered that Sandy has given me 11 pages of entries. So, I've been a little slow around leagues etc, but I hope to be up to date tonight.

Also, I think I've got the majority of groups already entered so I'll shove it all up on globaltenpin tonight hopefully, and we can all see where the space is.

Pleasantly, I think we're around 200 - 250 separate entries once I process this lot.

Well there's an interesting story there, but I'm not going to write the novel.
We can all thank Sandy in a good way for the delay in getting out confirmations this week, I opened up the half a dozen sets I had to put in and discovered that Sandy has given me 11 pages of entries. So, I've been a little slow around leagues etc, but I hope to be up to date tonight.
Also, I think I've got the majority of groups already entered so I'll shove it all up on globaltenpin tonight hopefully, and we can all see where the space is.
Pleasantly, I think we're around 200 - 250 separate entries once I process this lot.
So we can expect some decent prize money Jeff?;);)

Back
Top Bottom