Cruel and Painful Losses

Rowey the li'l lefty

Your daily dose of random
Hi! My question is:-You've only just lost a match by a few pins, or needed for example 3 pints to make a final and only won 2. What are some of these losses that you can remember? So in other words, if you've ever lost a tourney or something by a few pins, or been one point from making the cut in something, let me know.
This is what I've done:-
*Missed out making a tourney final by two pins.
*Missed making a league final by 1 point.
*Finished in 1st reserve a couple of times.
I've missed out on a lot of things in the past, but the one's I hate the most are the close losses.:? :(

Haven't really had many close losses of late. Probably my most frustrating close loss was in Country Cup a few years back, needing only 6 to win my point in the last ball of the last frame, FOUL! First and last foul in any tournament since, that's for sure! Even more frustrating, because Sale needed all the points they could get back then! :oops:

My 1 pin loss 2 Tye in Legends ages ago...
Missing the cut for Masters @ State last year by like 4 pins

mine was probably wen my friend was on the last bowl he could hav and had 3 pins left and had to get 2 to win and he got none
:(

At Nationals

I missed the cut for open masters by 1 pin with a 683 series to Stephen Ball (CNSW) with 684.

I lost 2 games of President Shield to Chris Castle (VIC) and Brady Pirie (CNSW) each by 1 pin.

At Bennetts Green Junior Open masters i lost by 4 pins to Shane Clark (NNSW) to come 2nd.

At NSW state i was eliminated by 2 pins by Shane Clark (NNSW) to come 11th.

-Michael- said:
At Nationals

I missed the cut for open masters by 1 pin with a 683 series to Stephen Ball (CNSW) with 684.

Was that cause of me?? me throwin 690 something in the last squad?
haha

Ashley!

Peanut said:
-Michael- said:
At Nationals

Was that cause of me?? me throwin 690 something in the last squad?
haha

Yeah you, dion and i think bart made it in bowling the "deperato squad" lol DAMN YOU ... ad well at least im a young'n

Missed the cut to the Coke Junior Classic in 1990 by 1-pin, shot 137-149 or something to miss out :x

Missed the cut to the Australian Masters back in '93 by 1-pin shot 601 three times in a row when qualifying, 602 I was in - DOH :roll:

In fact, it would be easier to say my last 10 years of tournaments have been one long miserable cruel streak, it was ten years ago next month since I last won one, and having been in a position here and there (not in recent times, mind you) I still find a win avoiding me. :(

-Michael- said:
At Nationals

I lost 2 games of President Shield to Chris Castle (VIC) and Brady Pirie (CNSW) each by 1 pin.

At Bennetts Green Junior Open masters i lost by 4 pins to Shane Clark (NNSW) to come 2nd.

At NSW state i was eliminated by 2 pins by Shane Clark (NNSW) to come 11th.

I had 3 attempts at masters, shooting 655, 670, 675 to not even make reserve. In my 675 i need to take 2 out of a 6 count to make masters by 1 pin over stephen, and i missed the lot.

Also tonight, i shot 155 222 222 to shoot 599. needed a strike on my last shot to make 600 and win overall series by a pin, tugged it left and left a 6 pin. That was pretty tragic (i drew the series though, which isnt all bad)

The one that sticks in my mind as a painful loss (well, at least one that I had full control over) was Perth Cup this year.

Shot 2 140 games in the last 5 games to miss the cut by 11 :(

But I guess on the plus side I learnt how to count backwards from 100.. well actually 101 -- after being +101 with 5 to go, I slipped all the way back to end up +1 for the tournament. Sitting in the stands, watching the final qualifying squad to see if I just scraped in was one of the most nerveracking experiences I've had in a long time.

But yeah, that would be the most painful one and I only have myself to blame for it too! :)

week one - barossa cup
missed cut by 5 pins with a last game block of 150-230. worst thing was they said they would price down to where i came but changed their mind after squad B (i was in A)
week two - U23s
bowled A squad and was sitting 4th after the squad. watching the scores on totalbowling i saw the last block of squad B and noticed i missed out by 1 pin. damn those 10pin on your last ball!
week three - SA youth trials.
struggled for about 5 weeks straight could barely bowl over 500 (for 3) to save my life. needed to make top 3 to make the team and one was selected. came down to the last game where i needed to bag out in the 10th to come 4th for a chance at selection. left a 10pin on the second shot on the 10th. missed 4th place by afew sticks and wasnt selected.
those 3 weeks were very very very annoying for me.
alex

Back
Top Bottom