Congrats Qld Walter De Veer Teams

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Well done to both North and South Qld De Veer Teams. Quite a performance, the stats are very impressive. You have all represented your State really well, and we are very proud of you.

Andrew S. said:
Well done to both North and South Qld De Veer Teams. Quite a performance, the stats are very impressive. You have all represented your State really well, and we are very proud of you.

Thanks Andrew.

The QS guys performed above our expectations. We had 4 guys in the top 15 bowlers for the tournament.Some of those stats you mentioned ...

Team Leading scratch average - 183.7
Team Leading handicap average - 223 (+3)
Team Most Strikes - 352
Team Least Open Frames - 206
Leading Male Scratch Avg - James 'Boogey' Corbett 197.2
Leading Male Handicap Avg - Gordon 'Joiner' Kitchener 233.2
Least Open Frames - Daniel 'Goodyear' Simpson 22.
All Stars - Gordon 'Joiner' Kitchener and Michael 'Ozzie' Thompson

We had our chances to win but sometimes the pins dont fall at critical times. We were the only team to clean sweep the vacant too in the mens comp.

The SQ ladies led the field in spares converted. They performed very well, especially on the last day, and Renae Thornes snatching a point against the vacant was, in the end, critical for us to gain third place in the overall competition, and a 'dustie'.

The NQ guys started a little slowly, but when they found their feet, managed to win all 6 games on the last day ... a phenomenal effort.

The NQ girls were also outstanding, with Tarnya Lowe and Nerida Roberts making all stars. Well done ladies. And nice steal of the Monkey.

Andrew S.
Thankyou, we all gave 100% during both our championships and the De Veer tournament and all can come home with our heads held high and proud to be Queenslanders. Despite the fact North and South are competing against each other there is, as was last year, a great bond of friendship between the teams. The "Cane Toad Cup" will go ahead next year with Spanner chipping in to start the trophy fund followed by Kevin Daymond who matched that.
Well done Queenslanders!

Well I told you I wouldn't spank your monkey - but I didn't mind stealing it. I do have to say a big thank you to the SQ team - you really supported us NQlders and we really appreciated it.
Watch out though - I'll be joining you next year!!! And Monday nights! Get your money out!

Well said BLS! It was a pleasure bowling with you and congratulations on bowling so well. Hey Spanner, take care of her...and keep her away from stairs next year OK.

Dont worry Ice .. BLS will be just fine in Brisbane. We even have ramps at our centre, so she wont have to take the stairs.

BLS, if you can make it this Monday Night, we are having a TripleX Tournament. Be a good opportunity for you to meet a few of the people (and hand over some money). Starts at 8pm.

Next years De Veer ... it's going to get harder and harder to get in the side. I think we will have about 20 guys rolling off, and about 12-15 ladies. Should be fun. Roll off dates are yet to be finalised, but it looks like 4/5 Feb and 4th March (20 game total). De Veer is certainly getting more popular in the QS Zone again.

The Spanner said:
Next years De Veer ... it's going to get harder and harder to get in the side. I think we will have about 20 guys rolling off, and about 12-15 ladies. Should be fun. Roll off dates are yet to be finalised, but it looks like 4/5 Feb and 4th March (20 game total). De Veer is certainly getting more popular in the QS Zone again.
The more the merrier - it's about time that the "closed shop" attitude that occasionally prevails with representative team nomination, rolloff and selection procedures got updated with the times, and became accessible to EVERYONE! You could even find that with a revamped rolloff format next year, the numbers of nominations for both DeVeer and Rachuig could well and truly skyrocket - what a blast for Queensland bowling!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Broni:cool:

I have to say Well Done to both Qld teams. The attitude of putting the Team first was fantastic and support from both teams towards each other will surely help Qld become stronger and stronger. Who knows, in the future Qld Sth and Nth may run 1 and 2. It's also great to hear that more and more people are looking at rolling off for this team. The more people there are, the stronger we become and the more fun we have.

James

Well Done to all the queensland sides you deserve all that you received

QS boys you where fantastic in all aspects of the game and your bowling was great!!

That white wash in the last game was awsome to watch.

I totally enjoyed the new friendships made with each of you and hopefully see you there next year but keep that marto away from the animals!!!!!

Regards
Shayne Hendriksen
WA Walter De Veer

Would like to say nice to meet and bowl with you all QLD north and south hope to see you next year and a special hello to PONY

JEANETTE

Yeah I would also like to congratulate both nth and sth qld. It was my pleasure to be part of the ladies sq team and I have never had so much fun as I did that week. I cant wait to see everybody next year. Also a special hello to pinky I hope you are looking after my bandanna.
Alana

Hey Guys

This is the defected defective Cane toad that decided to stir everyone up. I just wanted to say well done to all it was great bowling with you all both North and South teams. Good luck with everything.

Charlene (Vic WDV)

Hey Charlie Brown
Yes we know you are a defected defective Cane toad but you now have the Queensland North shirt to wear and be proud off!
Wear it with pride. We do!

Alana aka PONY ;)
am wearing the pink proud and wear it over the weekend at Dunn Shield and looking after it. :rolleyes: will be with me in Tassie

Grumpie Gills,

I am wearing the Shirt with pride and loving it as well. Hope to have your shirt to you soon. Can you please private message me with you details again as my other half accidentally threw them out.

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom