2003 STH QLD WALTER DE VEER RESULTS

J

Jon K

The following are the preliminary results after 7 games of bowling today at Chermside for the Sth Qld Walter De Veer State Team.

LADIES:
1. Tillie Swan 1327 - 189.57 ave (hcp ave)
2. Kristy Thompson 1245 - 177.86 ave
3. Clare Shephard 1222 - 174.57 ave
4. Judy Wright 1199 - 171.29 ave
5. Karen Gill 1189 - 169.86 ave
6. Bronwyn Morgan - 1186 - 169.43 ave
7. Hazel Finch - 1119 - 159.86 ave
8. Kay Cutajar - 1100 - 157.14 ave

GENTS:
1. Paul Dowling 1419 - 202.71 ave (hcp ave)
2. Murray Rapp 1376 - 196.57 ave
3. Jason Beecher 1346 - 192.29 ave
4. Stephen Batten 1344 - 192.00 ave
5. Michael Wooler 1305 - 186.43 ave
6. Thomas Williamson 1294 - 184.86 ave
7. Mark Ward 1256 - 179.43 ave
8. Daniel Simpson 1253 - 179.00 ave
9. David Monteith 1234 - 176.29 ave

With 7 more games to be bowled tomorrow (scores carried over) and the top 7 ladies and gents past the post after 14 games forming the Sth Qld Walter De Veer State Team it looks like it may come right down to the final game.

Best of luck to all bowlers rolling tomorrow and final results/representative teams will be posted late tomorrow.

Cheers
Jon King

hay jony koala thanks for posting the results.

With some great games being bowled today it should be very interesting tomorrow.

I would just like to say good luck to all, especially the chermside bowlers, Paul Dowling, Murray Rapp, Jason Beecjer, Mark Ward, Kay Cutajar and last but not least myself ( Stephen Batten, for those who do not know). Lets see if we can all make it!!

See You all in the morning for a thrilling 7 games i am sure.

Chucky Loiuse >:)~

I would just like to congratulate all the people that made the team today,

Just to beat Jon here is the standings.

LADIES:
1. Tillie Swan 2613 - 186.64 ave (hcp ave)
2. Karen Gill 2532 - 180.88 ave
3. Judy Wright 2509 - 179.21 ave
4. Kristy Thompson 2493 - 178.07
5. Bronwyn Morgan 2432 - 173.71
6. Clare Shephard 2432 - 173.71
7. Hazel Funch 2282 - 163.00
8. Kay Cutajar 2148 - 153.43

GENTS:

1. Jason Beecher 2785 - 198.93 ave (hcp ave)
2. Stephen Batten 2778 - 198.43 ave
3. Paul Dowling 2736 - 195.43 ave
4. Murray Rapp 2697 - 192.64 ave
5. Thomas Williamson 2593 - 185.21 ave
6. David Monteith 2543 - 181.64 ave
7. Mark Ward 2538 - 181.29 ave
8. Michael Wooler 2516 - 179.71 ave
9. Daniel Simpson 2445 - 175.64 ave

And jon was right in the mens it came down to the last game with mark Ward throwing a gutsy 202 To just take 7th spot.

With the high game of the rolloffs this weekend being a 262 thrown in the last game by yours truelly. >:)~ I would just like to thank the fourth frame for stuffing me totally up and staying open.

I want to thank rod and co of the Walter De Veer Board for organising a great weekend and thanks to chermside for hold them at there lanes.

And again i would like to congratulate all of the bowlers who made the first ever South Queensland Walter De Veer. Its a great effort.

See ya all around.

Thanks Chucky for the super post - congratulations to all bowlers who made the team and best wishes to all who made the team - you guys truly earned your positions.

A number of highlights come to mind for the weekends bowling, off hand as follows:

Paul Dowlings fine 256 game on day 1 throwing the front 8 - then continuing fine form on day 2 despite injury to make the team.

Jason 'Snickers' Beecher and Tillie Swan - both bowling consistently and beautifully all weekend to qualify first in gents & ladies respectively.

Steven 'Chucky Louise' Batten - Chasing snickers all the way and thrilling the crowd with not only his spunky red bowling shirt on day 2, but a couple of gutter ball then spare combinations. And if that were not enough, throwing the tournament high game of 262 game 14.

David Monteith - who up until game 12 was never in the top 7, yet continued to persevere with wonderful patience - a truly inspirational effort.

Mark Ward - by Marks own standards did not bowl as well as he can and needed a solid game in the last game to make the team - held his composure and bowled a great 202 game to secure his place in the team.

Once again congratulations to all bowlers who made the team and have a great trip to Townsville.

Congratulations for the event organising to Rod Christopher and Allison Burany and their committee - the event was wonderfully coordinated and you have a team that I am sure will do terrific this year at the Championships. Best wishes and luck to all.

Cheers
Jon King

And a big thank you to Chermside from all at Sports House.
Chermside are always supportive of State teams and it is very much appreciated.
Good on you Jon.

hay jon great quick wrap up.

It was a great weekend had by all. And would like to congrats snickers and tillie for taking the top qualifier spots. I nearly had you snickers, 2 pins on day 1 and 5 pins on day 2 you beat me by. Though the two 133 games i through did not help at all, oh and the gutter ball spares really stuffed me up to. :D

The atmosphere in the last 3 games on day 2 where great. every one was trying to get everyone else over the line and some great sportsmanship was shown by all.

A great effort by Paul Dowling who lead all the way up to game 12, also counting that paul on day 2 could hardly get one of his fingers in to his bowling ball due to it being really swollen because of an injury ocured on day 1. and his 256 was the highest game he has ever thrown. Good on ya man.

We should have two great teams, so townsville and the reset of Australia and New Zealand Watch out the new South Queensland teams are hot. :twisted:

Chucky loiuse

Hi, I would like to congratulate evry1 that made the team and the people that didnt also... evryone bowled well and had a good time and thats what we werew there for..
congrats to tillie and jason for top spots and to chucky for the hi game..also conegrats to paul for bowling absolutely great.
i would like to thank evry1 that got behind me in the last game to help me over the line i had a very ordanairy weekend with alot of bad luck in there aswell.i would list all of u that helped but there were to many.
thanx for jonny for doing a great job keeping us on time sorting out the water scores and the food.
finally thanx to rod alli and the rest of the commitie for there great work for the whole weekend.
Now all we have to do is win and with the 2 great teams that are going i think we are in there with a really good chance.

and now that is all over some important stuff...does any1 wanna buy a raffle ticket from me :) only $1 a ticket and u can win $200 now thats a deal...when u see me at the bowl just come and buy half a dozen or so chances and u will be cool ;).

enuff from me till next time cyas
mark

Walter de Veer congrats.

To all who competed at Chermside - a great atmosphere for such a few qualifiers - gives hope to the cheer squad in Townsville!!!!

Congratulations to all who tried their hearts out - who says Scratch bowling is more interesting?? Special mention to Broni Morgan - a renegade from NT and now residing in our great state....Good one, girl.

FLOWER

8) I am so glad that you said renegade instead of reprobate, Mary....... 8)

Thank you to Rod and Alli for running a great tournie.
I especially want to thank Alli for her encouragement - even though I am not new to the whole WDV thing, it was a different kettle of fish having to rolloff for a new state!

I personally wish to thank a very small group of people who took the time to come and watch the rolloff, and offered their support, not only to me, but to all the bowlers.......
Mary Flower, who gave up her entire Saturday to watch; Darryl and Stella Alford who did the same on Sunday, Jon King who alternated between us and the front desk, Vaughan and Gladys White, Alanna Campbell and Chris Titheridge - we take WDV as seriously as Rachuig and Presidents shield is taken, and it was very encouraging to have a few spectators in the crowd cheering us all on. My thanks to you all.

After the performances in the rolloff, there is no disputing that Sth Qld have a great team, and we will do our damndest to bring home some bacon in October!!!!

Broni :wink:

Well done folks.I have been chasing De Veer results for a while and am overjoyed to find some posts.
I rolled off for De Veer in the N.Q team and bowled a 174 av.(scr) for the 16 games.I was not even close to our top qualifier,a young chap from Cairns,by the name of Michael,who bowled about 226 av.(with hcp) for the weekend.I bowled a 220 beside him and he bowled a 229,all this off a 130 av.He came across as a real nice bloke and I look forward to bowling along side him and the rest of the De Veer N.Q side this weekend in the Burdekin and later on at the big time in October.
Every one raves about Rachuig but some of the De Veer boys are only a struck match away from the Real Deal.
Congratulations to all who made the team and best of luck rolling off for second place.
Cheers Mick D

Well done folks.I have been chasing De Veer results for a while and am overjoyed to find some posts.
I rolled off for De Veer in the N.Q team and bowled a 174 av.(scr) for the 16 games.I was not even close to our top qualifier,a young chap from Cairns,by the name of Michael,who bowled about 226 av.(with hcp) for the weekend.I bowled a 220 beside him and he bowled a 229,all this off a 130 av.He came across as a real nice bloke and I look forward to bowling along side him and the rest of the De Veer N.Q side this weekend in the Burdekin and later on at the big time in October.
Every one raves about Rachuig but some of the De Veer boys are only a struck match away from the Real Deal.
Congratulations to all who made the team and best of luck rolling off for second place.
Cheers Mick D

Back
Top Bottom