Columbia 300 Columbia300 Full Swing

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
G'Day Bowlers,

After testing some demonstration balls fresh out of the box, I agreed to write a series of mini-reviews for your edification and enjoyment.

The first ball I'll review is Columbia 300's Full Swing (or the "full swine" as my wife read the logo first time around.)

My Specs
I’m a RH cranker working hard to get less revs. (Circa 400+ RPM.) PAP is 4½ across and 3/4 up. Ball speed is medium high at 18 mph.

LAYOUT
The ball in question had a 3½" pin. Pin was laid out 5” from the PAP, with the MB 4” from the PAP. This put the pin above the bridge, with the CG east of the grip centre and the MB about 1½" right of the thumb.

COVER
The cover stock is the new Full Tilt 5.0, Columbia's strongest cover presently in OOB condition.

REACTION
I've bowled this piece at Geelong on AMF HPL9000 with a house shot that was tougher than those around Canberra which was very nice to see.

This ball goes clean through the heads, reads the midlane predictably, and then makes a firm move left. Pin carry is impressive. Nothing hits like fresh coverstock and this ball looked the goods.

SUMMARY
The Full Swing will come in useful. Provided you're playing in the oil, the Full Swing makes a very clean move through the front of the lane with a pronounced move in the midlane and a strong finish.

Cheers,
Jason

For the full version of this review, see: www.bowlersedge.com.au

Back
Top Bottom