Channel 31 telecasts

?????
well the rest of the country are getting it and I reckon that our sports series or local events would look good on T.V. as well.

I sent Tony Drexel a pm message and he said that he has sent D.V.D.'s already to access 31 Perth and gave me the following message:

"You can if you like call Access 31 as well as anyone else you know or via the forum to let them know what you would like to see on tv."

Lets get on the bandwagon and hammer into access 31 that we want our bowling events televised as well. If enough of us get stuck into them they will have to eventually give in so get on the phones or email them.

If volunteers are needed for filming etc. let me be the first to put their hand up.

I filmed the finals of the last sports series event at cannington and im sure we could try and get access 31 to play them if a segment was allowed. Ill keep editing the videos and speak to them to find out what possibilitys we have of getting our sports series broadcasted.

Matt

well if you keep doing the videos and between the w.a. bowlers, channel 31 and Tony Drexel I would think that we should be able to get something going. who's gonna put their hand up for commentary??? should be fun to see.

I'm more than happy to offer insightful and 'informative' commentary...
If someone obtains broadcast specs for c31, I'm happy to do editing and encoding if you want that done.

cat

Hi Adrian,
I hope to find out today (Friday) if Access 31 will be joining the push for the Tenpin Bowling Show to go National. Industry sources I contacted say yes it will happen, but the final answer must come from the Manager of the station.
I will let you know the outcome when I have it "in the bag"
That would then leave only Sydney to come on board.
I can't believe how much sucess the show is having, but the real winners are the bowling centres (and not just AMF), the bowlers, the community stations, the TV audience, the sponsors, the bowling equipment distributors, in fact everyone in anyway involved.
It is pushing Tenpin Bowling right into the media spotlight. The public need to see how many tallented bowlers we have in Australia and to realise that it is a sport.

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel.
Tenpin Bowling Show.

australian bowling back on tv! this is the greatest news ive heard in years. last time this has happened by memory was the coca cola classics in the early to mid ninetys.it may be old news to everyone but its the first time ive heard of it,given ive been out of the game for a while. my hat goes off to everybody that was involved on getting our sport televised once again. craig blachut. ;)

I contacted Access 31 Monday re getting air time for tenpin bowling.
Their next programmers meeting is early next week, so I won't have a definite answer until then.
Adelaide and Melbourne / Geelong continue weekly broadcasts.
Brisbane are starting to air the show very soon.
Sydney are also looking at taking the show on, but the manager who approves new shows is on leave, so it may take a few weeks yet before the show can claim national coverage.
Planning to record the South Pacific Classic this weekend in Melbourne for inclusion on the show at a later date, and I have a queue of important bowlers to interview.
Brenton Davy from AMF is giving the show his full support, and is acting as my tournament filming manager. Thanks Brenton.....

Fingers crossed for Access 31!
Kind regards
Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show.
Ph 0414 885 982

After viewing the sample DVD's I sent them, Access 31 have given their answer without waiting for a programers meeting.
Yes, we would like to show Tenpin Bowling to our Perth viewers!
I will post on this forum the tv guide when the show begins its weekly broadcasts.
The first shows are local matches filmed here in South Australia.
Soon the show will have coverage of the South Pacific Classic with top bowlers from all over the country, and interviews have already been skeduled during the SPC with Jason Belmonte, and a host of other very important bowlers and equipment / service providers.
Not since the Coca Cola Classic from the Logan City Lanes shown during the cricket in the 1990's , has local tenpin been on TV in this country!

Kind regards,
Tony Drexel
Tenpin Bowling Show
ph 0414 885 982

Tony,

Thankyou very much for getting this aired in WA. It can only make the sport grow and prosper. What are the chance of getting some contacts for the TV station so we can get our Sports Series broadcast?

Matt Watson

Hi Matt,
It would be great for all tournaments to be televised including yours, but it might not be so easy.
To give you an idea for what I have had to do to get to this stage.....
Purchase cameras and tripods (Must be 3CCD or CMOS quality) my cost, in excess of $20,000. I use 7 cameras and Vegas Video for the editing.
It takes me 7 hours to edit a 30 minute show, and thats using templates where ever possible to speed things up.
Comply with all government requirements in regard to allowed "advertising" and sponsorship, also to not zoom in on logos or banners etc.
Ensure programs run for a designated lenght, including count down timers and sponsor breaks.
Ensure the completed video arrives at the station on time every week.
Then there is the advertising. I have visited all local bowling centres in Adelaide, advertising the show, and putting up posters.
Last of all, to find paying sponsors (which is not easy) to support the show.
In my case very fortunate to have AMF.
I don't mean to turn you off trying, but the road I have travelled for the past 20 weeks was not easy.
Several times I was about to quit, seeing it was too hard and too expensive. It was the AMF staff (Woodville and Village mainly) and the incredibly entusiastic bowlers who kept me going to the stage its at now.
Nearly national coverage, tournament managers knocking on my door along with a string of equipment suppliers, and top bowlers such as Jason Belmote all offering help.
With the hard journey travelled, it is now time for bowling in Australia to bear fruit and all of us to prosper.
Kind regards,
Tony Drexel.
NB. If the situtation ever exists for me to travel to your state and film your tournaments for televison....I would be glad to.
I spoke to Access 31 a few minutes ago. They will start airing the show in Perth from October.
Brisbane starts airing the shows from this Monday in prime time, with repeats on Sunday afternoons.

Back
Top Bottom