CARA TO APPEAR ON SYDNEY'S 'FOOTY SHOW'

ilive2bowl

ilive2bowl
:D By courtesy of BowlAustralia, Cara Honeychurch is due to appear on Sydney's Footy Show next Thursday Night (24th April 2003). BowlAustralia would like to thank George Selia and Liverpool Bowl for their assistance in providing us with their portable Lane for use in the Show. It would be good and in the interests of our Sport if as many bowlers as possible would email their applause (in featuring Bowling) to Channel 9, after the airing of the show.

Just curious enough to ask if Cara made it on or not??? :?

We watched the show's intro, where there was no mention of her being on, and then watched the first hour in case they just slotted her in.........but no joy there

Broni & Jagga

Cara on the Footy Show

Sorry you didn't hang around awhile later. She WAS on the show around 10.20pm and the segment was FANTASTIC! with Cara bowling a strike on the last ball to beat the guys!!! As always, Cara presented herself so well and is truly an ornament to our Sport. Hope there were some 'in bowling land' that saw the segment. I would just like to thank Cara, and all our magnificent staff who against some very tight scheduling did a great job of laying and then removing the lane...well done all who were associated with this promotion.
Roy Menachemson
MD - BowlAustralia Group

I'd just like to say a big well done to all involved with the efforts in getting Cara on the Sydney Footy Show. Not the real footy show but at least it gave her some coverage :lol: I didn't think that they did her justice, i was hoping for a little bit of a real interview sorta thing aswell. But i guess just to see her beat those guys was great too. And to bowl that strike.... It was great to see.

Cara always looks fantastic in person, but last night i hardly recognised her, only seeing her on monday in Melbourne. She looked sensational. A true champion of the sport. She is definately the BEST EVER we in australia have EVER produced! Cara, if you read this.. You are my hero!! The game needs more true athletes like you with your attitude also!

Carol also is also one of our best too of course... But Cara.. Hands down if you ask me 8)

Again, well done to Bowl Australia and Liverpool on making this happen. If only we could get the sport recognised more like this, and if Cara was the 'spokesperson' all the time for this too.

Yours in bowling or sumfin like it...
Martina
:D

i had no idea cara was goin to appear on the show and was pumped up to see her on the show giving our sport the public boost it deserves as always she represented up gracefully and professionally

WELL DONE CARA AND BOWL AUSTRALIA

kablam

Well done to Cara and especially Bowl Australia for organising the event. Whilst these things cost money sometimes it's hard to a price on how much a sport benefits with promotions such as this. I have no doubts we will all reap the benefits.

Roy, to yourself and your team, well done! Can't wait to see your next project

George

Cara on the Footy Show

To all the 'posters' on this topic...a HUGE thank you for your kind comments. As you would be aware it is difficult to get our Sport featured in the media but with CARA as our 'spokesperson' our task is made a lot easier. Be assured we'll keep trying!!! The showcasing of Bowling as a legitimate Sport is paramount to all participants in the Industry - Operators and players alike and to this end BowlAustralia will continue to provide first class facilities, service and effort to achieve this goal....your support sure helps!
Thank you,
Roy Menachemson
MD - BowlAustralia Group.

I'm glad it went well, publicity definately well bought I'd say 8)
We get the NRL Footy Show here in Hobart at 1AM on Friday mornings and I was all set to watch it complete with pizza and cuppa sitting in front of the heater when FLICK........

The power went out to the whole North Hobart district for over two hours - some ten minutes before the show started :evil::evil::evil:
The second major blackout in two nights :x

Can somebody give us a quick rundown of the interview and what Cara said seeing as though I sat in the dark hoping too see it :cry:

Funnily enough there wasnt a whole lot said. Basically started off with them telling us cara was the 3 times aus open champ, then they asked if that was against the men too, then they asked alittle about where she bowls, then they had a bowl. Was funny watching the guys with bowling shoes on, bowl on what looked like a rubber mat before the lane started. I think it was fatty who had the first shot and cara had to remind him that it was a foul for crossing onto the lane. Cara just stood at the foul line and bowled a hard case (no steps).

Thats about all i could remember.

Back
Top Bottom