buying direct usa

speedwaystar

No BrakesNo GearsNo Fear
has anyone had a problem with buying direct from usa i paid for two balls that i never recieved.was wondering if anyone else had a problem and whether they got it resolved and how??

surface mail it's been 1 1/2 years when the package didnt arrive after a month of sending payment i contacted him and he said there was nothing he could do i know that was bs so i contacted ebay and they said they couldnt do anything because the transaction was over a month old at the time.I ended up leaving town after that thus leaving behind computer and info but was wondering because i still have proof of payment is there anything i can do??

Nope...

Had the same thing around 3-4 years ago. Ordered a Reaction Rip, and guy never bothered to send package. Bye bye hard earned...

Gives another reason to support the local or online proshops doesnt it :D

I have only bought gear from Proshops I can walk into or if online, from Bowlers Paradise. I have never had a problem with them. If no ball has been purchased, the items arrived within about 3 weeks...if balls are coming, it takes about 8 weeks.

I guess we all just have to be careful who we order through!

has anyone had a problem with buying direct from usa i paid for two balls that i never recieved.was wondering if anyone else had a problem and whether they got it resolved and how??

I had ordered Storm cleaning products Nov last year all paid for and never came and cant chase them up.
They sent it to their person who sends it to be delivered and so and so on... nothing... 90 bucks wasted there.

Support your local pro shop. At least you know exactly what your getting, and your supporting Australia as opposed to the stupid yanks.

Later Da Cowman!

The key to buying overseas is to have a paypal account they cost nothing to set up we have bought a lot of balls from Buddies Proshop never had any problems they send you a tracking number when you pay and you can see exactlly where your gear is

Kerri

One point that seems to have been overlooked here is warranty. Regardless of what the item is - a ball, a watch or an electronic gadget, if anything were to subsequently go wrong with the item or if it arrived in damaged condition it'd be damn difficult/expensive to send back. Also if the item returned was disputed by the seller you could end up paying a 3rd lot of postage just to get your faulty item sent back to you here.

It's always better to buy from someone "on-shore".

When you're on a site for a while you see who the good sellers are, anyway the only things i'll look to the US for are Track logo shirts.

i wonder what bowlers will do if pro shop operators refuse to drill any ball not purchased through them or charge $100 a ball to drill

I also have purchased shoes, balls, tapes from Max at BBA. One telephone call, and I have had my items in Perth in 7 days. Great service, and all the way west!! :p

Buddiesproshop.com you can't go wrong.

Fast, reliable service and the ability to nominate your pin placement and top weight.

Have bought a stack of gear from them over the last few years with no dramas at all

Cheers

Steve :D

surface mail it's been 1 1/2 years when the package didnt arrive after a month of sending payment i contacted him and he said there was nothing he could do i know that was bs so i contacted ebay and they said they couldnt do anything because the transaction was over a month old at the time.I ended up leaving town after that thus leaving behind computer and info but was wondering because i still have proof of payment is there anything i can do??

EBAY...There is the problem, my guess it was a private individual.
Personally I have never had a problem using Ebay, apart from excessive postal charges..But have read nightmare stories.
Use proshops or established well known companies.

When I was in Adelaide earlier this year, BowlingBalls Australia gave me unparalled service and advice

Back
Top Bottom