Brush off the cob webbs,dust off the shoes.

Would we love to see them both back

• Yes of course we would

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • NO (is not an option)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
Ideally ... if you had a sponsor, you could delay it until July ... although guys do have to plan for the week off anyway.

But, this isn't Utopia, so we have to pick it early, i suppose.

How’s this for food for thought,

Why is it that you are state representatives for 12 months of the year yet compete for only three days of that year? Perhaps with more state against state competition it wouldn’t matter when we selected the team as it would still be competing all year round. Any other state representatives only compete for 3 out of 365 days a year in other sports

Spanner

A week is alot longer than three days.In Rachuig there are still no guarantees that you will compete on all three days either. It’s getting off subject now maybe that all should be under a different thread...:rolleyes:

OK, back on thread:cool:

Picking a SQ Rachuig team based on form and/or experience means leaving out a heap of very talented and respected bowlers, some of whom have already been mentioned. Despite this, my team for the men would be (not in any particular order):

Carl Bottomley
George Frilingos
Brando
Mickey Z
Terry Wenban
Ian Hughes
Tony Hamilton

If Hughes isn't bowling anymore, I'd have to put Morty Douglas in on experience alone but there are many other proven performers (including Zane Que, Lawrie Hill, Jim Murray, the Heathwood brothers (Dale and Brendan), Hammer, Drewy, Lacky, Albert Mazzoni, Pilko and Rudy T) that would deserve a place.

Anyway, just my unbiased selection/pick.:)

Feral

I don't know if this would work for bowling just a thought. Pick a squad of say 12 or 14 bowlers early in the year and then you can break it down to the top seven like they do in some other sports.

Feral said:
OK,
Carl Bottomley
George Frilingos
Brando
Mickey Z
Terry Wenban
Ian Hughes
Tony Hamilton

I like the Sound of this team. I rekon It's pretty close to perfect.

Back
Top Bottom