Bowlarama Wetherill Park Premier League

LiveBowling

Hi Guys,

We are looking to post some regular updates regarding our Premier League which bowls each Thursday at Bowlarama Wetherill Park at 8pm - 4 game league, teams of 3.

Thursday past we had our high scratch series of 983 bowled by Jim - well done.

This weeks skins winners, from the week of the 10th March were Chris Bateup with high handicap series and high handicap game ($80) and 2nd high handicap game for Annette Bateup ($20) - keeping it all in the family this week.

Also, a reminder that the Seniors Roll Offs are being held here at Wetherill Park in May this year. The pattern used for the rolls off as well as our Saturday travel leagues is the same pattern used on Thursday nights, so the league is great practice for those competitions.

Also, in a special deal organised through John Leo, all seniors can have a special practice rate of 4 games for only $15 :eek: between now and the roll offs. Subject to lane availability, booking recommended on 9609 6611.

Cheers,

Stuart Ritchie

OK, here are recent result. From last week, we had high handicap game to Shaun Ohara with a 245 - $30. 2nd high game and $20 to Jim Bakirtzdis with 239 and the high series and $50 to Chris Bateup with 845. Congrates all round.

Last night, we had a great game by Michael Marker of 307 with handicap (289 scratch) winning $30. 2nd high game went to Kyran Moffatt with a 266 (237 scratch) winning him $20. And the high series and $50 went to Kyran Moffatt with 889.

The league average has continued to increase and is now 167.

Well done to all the bowlers winning skins in the last 2 weeks.

We would also like to welcome the following new bowlers to the league in the past 3 weeks;
Phil Meurant
Dave Thomas
Dennis Cendrasso
Josip (Joe) Kerestes
Patrick Percell
Robert Head
Sandra Moffatt
Blake Walsh and
Aila Leo.

Its been great to see the league continue to grow, now with 10 full teams of 3. The next league season will be beginning in 7 weeks time and we already have 2 new additional teams signed up. If you would be interested in putting your name down or entering a new team for this competition, please feel free to contact myself or Chris on 9609 6611. We are looking to have 14 or 16 teams when the new season commences.

The league run each Thursday at 8pm, it is teams of 3. 4 games each night with a total cost of $35, being only $20 for linage (only $5 per game!) and $15 into prize money and skins. Expected prize pool for next season is in excess of $20,000!

Here at Bowlarama Wetherill Park we have more travel league teams then any other centre in Sydney, being 14 in total (including ID divisions 1, 2 and 3 plus Metro Cup and Bowl Sydney Divisions 1 and 2), plus the seniors rolls off here in May, so I would encourage any travel league bowlers or seniors looking to roll off, to get involved in this league to assist you in mastering the conditions on Sydneys best timber lanes!

Cheers,

Stuart Ritchie

Congratulation to Michael on his 289 game, the equal high game for Wetherill Park equalling our Head Tech's score Andrew.

Im sure 300 is just around the corner.

Also congrats to Phil Meurant for a very nice 864 series.

Chris Bateup

Ok so for last Thursday night we had some more good results.

Chris picked up high game ($30) with a 277 game, which is scratch also, nice game.

2nd top game went to Michael Marker with 272 with handicap (256 scratch) and Michael also picked up the seies ($50) with a very nice 959 series (895 scrtach) - well done.

Just a reminder that we are only 6 weeks away from our new season starting, and we signed up another team for the new season this week. We are hoping to have 14 or 16 teams of 3, so if you are interested in entering a team or joining yourself, do not hesitate to contact us.

Cheers,

Stuart

Just another update.
Last weeks skins winners were;
Top Game: Trevor Kent - 264 w handicap. $30
2nd Top Game: Chris Bateup - 247 $20
Top Series: Ecky Liem - 842. $50

Well done to everyone.

A reminder that the new season will be beginning on Thursday 19th May. We are looking at having either 14 ot 16 teams of 3.
Total prizemoney will be in excess of $30,000 based on 16 teams and 3 rounds, so we encourage anyone who is interested in entering a team of 3, or even entering an existing team as a single bowler to contact myself or Chris on 9609 6611 or by PM.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi Everyone,

Happy Easter!

Heres last weeks update;

Top series ($50) went to John Tucknott with 861
Top game ($30) went to John Tucknott with 247
2nd high game ($20) went to Niko Koumandakis with 246

Well done!

A reminder that our new season starts on Thursday 19th May, only a few weeks.

We have 13 teams of 3 confirmed for the new leasgue season and would like to get this upto 16 if possible, with a number of maybe and interested parties looking to also come in board.

Whether you have a team of 3, or are on your own and want to join, we will be able to accommodate you.

If we do get 16 teams, it would mean a prizepool of over $30,000 based on a 3 round season, being 45 weeks.

Please feel from to contact Stuart, Chris or Niko for further details.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hey Chris, I would be interested in possibly bowling the new season, starting 19th May... Just have to find out what date, another leagues i'm in, on the same timeslot, finishes... I know it's soon.... I would, however, require 2 x team mates ;)

Andy Magill

Just noticed your avatar says you're in Luemeah Gavin, do you bowl at C'town by any chance? I lived in St Andrews for 30 yrs, just moved to the North Shore, so just curious as to whether or not, I may have met you already.....

Found out last night, the leauge I currently bowl in, finishes next Thursday night. So i'll be good to start this one on the 19th May, providing i've got a couple of team mates willing to bowl with me....

Hi Andy

Im sure we can sort out a team for you, Our last round for this season is the 12th if you want to come in we can have a chat

Chris

OK, so last nights results.
Special mention to Gavin Jones for his 257 scratch game, nice bowling Gav.
Top series with 881 and Top Game w Handicap 259 and winning $80 in skins was...... ME!
2nd top game was Dennis Vendrasso with a 256 w handicap.
Also, mention to my team mate Aila Leo for her 222 scratch game, being 248 with handicap, just out of the money.

Only 2 weeks to go. Weve had great interest in the new league season starting on the 19th May. Register your interest now as we are looking at 14-16 teams of 3 for the new season.

PS Andy, I think Gavin was suggesting that you may bowl with him next season!

Cheers,

Stuart

PS Andy, I think Gavin was suggesting that you may bowl with him next season!
Stuart

You'd think I would've figured that out from his post! lol :p
Anyways, i'm keen to bowl this league, with whoever, as I said in my earlier post, my league finishes next Thurs night, so I will be ready go on the 19th.

Just noticed your avatar says you're in Luemeah Gavin, do you bowl at C'town by any chance? I lived in St Andrews for 30 yrs, just moved to the North Shore, so just curious as to whether or not, I may have met you already.....

i have only just recently moved out this way and i have been down to c/town bowl and spoken to a few guys down there but cant remember names for the life of me or faces....in saying that i dont think we have crossed paths yet
well im keen to form a team and hoping ill have a team member for the whole of the league and lets be honest make some moneys
go down have a look around and ill prob see you there on opening night or if you want come down a thurs night beforehand as ill prob go down to get my line down pat and have some practice

Well I'm bowling my last Thursday night of league at C'town this Thursday, so I'll probly make the trip to wetherill park next Thursday to check it out & maybe have a roll, as I've never bowled there before, & I'm keen to bowl on some timber again!

Back
Top Bottom