NEW SINGLES LEAGUE AT WETHERILL PARK

CBateup

regular
Hi From Wetherill Park

On Monday nights we will be starting a new Singles League where bowlers will be competing in two divisions based on scratch and handicapped scores over four games. This will be a cash league at a cost of $30 per night. (bowling fees $15, prize fund $15).

Starting early in February at 7pm each Monday. I will also be encouraging everyone to put in $2 a game for a scratch pot games.

Maximum of 40 bowlers as we are only a 20 lane centre. For those interested please give me a call to book your spot.

This is a format that I ran at Queanbeyan and is ideal for the competitive bowler and also those looking to improve from the 150 mark and above.

The phone number for Bowlarama Wetherill Park is 96096611 or by return post on this site.

Regards

Chris Bateup

HI Chris Welcome to Sydney...

Good luck in getting 40 people to a potential $38 4 game league.

Im aware the prize fund sounds juicy as does the scratch pot games but it scared me away due to other bowling commitments and the price being just too high. One good thing is you are doing scratch and handicap so that may help in rounding some people up.

Dropping the extra $2 per game also might help, how do you handle if only some people want to play the scratch pot games and some dont, is that allowed?

Anyway i may be wrong and maybe that centre is crying out for this type of league, once again good luck!!

Should be very interesting how it all plays out since a large portion of bowlers don't bowl on wood lanes anymore. Good luck with the league, i'm sure you will keep alot of the bowlers very happy.

Hi, Update time.

After a few weeks of playing with the oil pattern I think I have something for bowlers to come and try. Anyone in the area please come in and ill give you a good practice rate. We will be conditioning the lanes again tomorrow afternoon.

Regards

Chris Bateup

Hi from Wetherill Park

We have started the singles league and at this stage we only have 7 people. So if anyone is still looking it is not too late to join.

Chris Bateup

Back
Top Bottom