Bottomley wins 2007 Gympie Grand Slam

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Carl Bottomley of Queensland has defeated Jason Walsh of Ballina, Northern New South Wales and fellow Queenslander Andrew Drew to take out the 2007 Gympie Grand Slam on the weekend…

Story to follow

All Scores can be found here...http://www.totalbowling.com.au/news/livescores/

Photos will be uploaded shortly

Congratulations Carl on another fine proformance, once again showing why you are one of Australia's best.

Unlucky Jason walsh and Andrew Drew, on second and 3rd respectively.

And finally well done to all that made the trip and to continue to support the Wide bay circuit.

Congratulations Carl on a great win, you put your head down in match play and charged away with it.

Well done also to Jason you busted your butt but Carl was just too good on the day, also well done to the little gnome you shut Brando out by a stick and held it together when you saw he was charging home.

Well done also to Bek and Alicia for bowling and cashing in your first event. Thanks must also go to all the bowlers who have supported this circuit from day one, and also thanks to the new bowlers we have picked up along the way, Broni and Jagga without you the bowlers there wouldn’t be a circuit.

Thanks to the staff at Gympie bowl, you really did well for a country centre to make everyone feel welcome and if there was a problem you were onto it quickly.

Thanks to Jase for doing the scores and for the sponsorship. See everyone at Toowoomba where I will be the official score person, as there will be no bowling ball in my hand for a very long time.

We had a great time on what was a thought provoking condition!;) The atmostphere was great all weekend, and both of us learned a lot about our games and choices over the 16 games. We'd be in Toowoomba if not for a prior engagement.....

Even though it is a scratch event, I would encourage people of mid average range to give it a go, there is nothing to lose and plenty to gain, especially if the improvement of your game is something that you are striving for!

Thank you to Kellie and Jason and all the bowlers for making us feel welcome and not out of place! We will join in the fun at Tweed Heads, and look forward to becoming regulars in the 2008 series.:D

Kell - sorry that your year had to end how it did.....at least get it fixed and then you can come back better than before!!

Even though it is a scratch event, I would encourage people of mid average range to give it a go, there is nothing to lose and plenty to gain, especially if the improvement of your game is something that you are striving for!
couldnt agree more with you broni. This circuit is awesome and has it all. You get to see where your game is at on harder conditions against some of the best bowlers in the country aswell as having a great weekend away.

Hats off to Jase and Kell they do an awesome job,

Back
Top Bottom