Best Pinball or Video Game ever......

Geeez, I just went through my copy of MAME...I can remember most of these.

Whatever happened to;

- Super Mario Bros.
- Defender
- Asteroids
- Bubble Bobble
- Bomb Jack (with the error that says you are very "lucy" if you get that (E) coin!!)
- Circus Charlie
- Galaga
- Galaxian
- Frogger ... hehehe
- Donkey Kong
- Gauntlet and Gauntlet II
- Karate Champ (you know, no button, just 2 Joysticks?)
- Moon Patrol
- Zaxxon
- Gyruss

And yes, while still only being 24, I can remeber all of these at the bowling centre at one time of another, and pumped many 20c peices in...WOW, that's right. You could use 20c peices back then. Was 40c for those really new gsmes!!

MADDOG. How do i get the latest version of mame to work once i have downloaded it from the net and which one is the best to download?

i remember Noarlunga Bowl when it opened in 1982 had a large area dedicated to pinnys, and table top games. it was closed in and the lights were blue to create the atmosphere. i never used to play many of the games but remember watching donkey kong, frogger, moon patrol, pang, 1942, pac man, scramble etc. the favorite was a table top game of galaga. jo used to play this doubles with John Coxon Jnr for hours i would watch.
now the area has more interactive games, no dim lighting and the area has been opened up.

another favorite of the games is the skill tester, that always draws a crowd just to see someone win a toy worth .20c??? the things that amuse us!
icon_smile.gif

What about Dragonslair and SpaceAce laserdisc games. I currenly have mame with 983 original arcade games(some are clones),
an emulator called DAPHNE which runs the laserdisc games that i have (Dragonslair , SpaceAce, Cliff Hanger, Galaxy Quest and a few others and another emulator called VPinMame which emulates all the pinball games you can recall playing over the years it is the same deal as MAME with the original ROM chip from the machine been dumped to a PC then the playing field masked to play exactly like the proper pinball(game play is superb).
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

well i think double dragon used to be the game and also wonderboy 2 was the best form that series.

I think pinnie wise, was the one and only Teenage mutant niga turtles at burnie bowl when all u nneded was 40k for a credit....

Thorpey, I've just been playing around with VPinMAME, and you're right....the gameplay is superb. Thanks for posting about this, always nice to bring back childhood memories!!

Even more

Pitfall
Star Wars(original pinball and sit-in with Luke and R2-D2 sound effects, must be worth a sh**load now)
Cheyanne(the one with the big gun!)
Operation Thunderbolt
Cue Ball Wizard
Addams Family
Ghosts and Goblins
Kung fu Master
Monaco Grand Prix(with real speedo!)
Tron
Space Invaders part 3(saw it in a motel in warnambool when i was a kid)
Rampage
Vs. Tennis

How the hell did i forget wonderboy?

Hey Ref, If your comming down for The Melbourne Cup I can give you a copy of MAME but as for the laserdisc games these are all 1 to 1.5 Gig in size due to the movie file format.

Back
Top Bottom