Best Pinball or Video Game ever......

baron

I know that they are a dying breed nowadays but back in the 80's the pinball area of a bowling centre was a very popular place indeed. My favourite machines were:-
Pinball...had to be Black Knight first multiball I think and with the handy magna-save on either side.
Video.... This is a tough one. Probably Dig Dug, Mr Do a close 2nd then Joust but I must have played every single one that came out.

Lets hear some others to bring back some memories.
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
Baron

Another wise ole post from the Wild Old Owl

Pinball - Playboy one of the original pinballs out, i think a free game was 5,000 with a rollover at 99,999. Now a days u get 100K for hitting a bumper.

Pinball - My favourite would have to have been Space Shuttle man we could sit on that for hrs after jnrs on a Sat Morn.

Favourite all time machine - would have to be a tie between

"MR.DO" & "BOMBJACK"

The best game for a group to play would have to have been Super Sprint - John Haynes, Jason Bean and myself would sit on that for hrs also

ahhhhhhhhh jnrs those were the days

I have to agree with baron on this one good old black night is the all time best pinnie.
I also remember kicking the hell out of it one day when that bloody knight laughed at me when my ball went down the side .
best video is tough but for sheer enjoyment you cant go past hyper olympics me and ballzy spent many an hour on that one .

wimpy

well my favourite pinball is....Adams Family
and my favurite arcade game's would be
Street Fighter
Galaga(sit down)
Moon Patrol
Daytona

cant think of anymore!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Pinball, any games a good one, but the best have to be:

Jurassic Park
Tales from the Crypt
Demolition Man (they gave you big handles to move the machine with if you thought you were going to lose the ball, its was the greatest!)

Daytona would have to be my fav video game.

Ahhhhhh yes of course Hyper Olympics

With the ole coke can or rolled up jacket across the knuckles.

Gee whiz reading the posts so far, there's a bit of an age Difference already occurring, I mean what is it with Street Fighter. I remember it at City took up half the foyer.

Anothery forgotten about was the infamous ARKANOID,

A topic close to my heart, I have grown up on most of the games you mentioned. In Vegas last year I remember at the M and M centre they had a 80's game arcade centre. In there you could play classics like Galaga, Asteroids, Moon Patrol and many others, it cost you a quarter, I was there for 4 hours.

My all time favorite is Hyper Olympics, followed closely by Wonderboy and Bomber Jack.

There was also a penguin game I wasted countless hours on which invloved you pushing ice cubes to kill the little beings whilst at the same time you had to put the 3 star ice cubes together.

I would do anything for a game of Hyper Olympics, that game was great!

george ,
the game you are thinking about is called pengo.
its sad though when you remember pinnies with rollovers instead of digital.one springs to mind immediately called 4 aces which went up to 999 .1000 points was a free game and it made such a loud thump when it happened.
2 other favourites were sinbad and lost world.

wimpy
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2. Street Fighter 2
3. Virtua Tennis

Virtua Tennis 2 is out, and is way better than the first

Boy I would have to agree with scoops certainly a generation gap happenning here. Yes George pengo was the machine you were thinking of and I cant believe I forgot Bomb Jack and the ol classic Hyper Olympic. I remember one night me and wimpy played it into the wee hours with the stereo blaring. It was wet and miserable outside and we had forgot to set the alarm so the security crowd rang the head tech of Midland then to come and see what the problem was. He couldnt get inside and he was pounding on the windows and shouting trying to get our attention but we couldnt hear him. We copped it next day tho. I think the managers exact words were "LIARS"
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
Baron

Well the Best Pinball EVER has to be Getaway ... How can you resist ZZ Top playing in the background, and I swear it makes the loudest F*&%ing noise I have ever heard when it goes to Redline Mania
icon_wink.gif

Other Good Pinny's are
- Hook
- Guns'n'Roses (Welcome to the Jungle
icon_wink.gif
)
- Lethal Weapon

As far as arcade games go you really cant go past the original Street Fighter II, man I nearly pissed myself when I saw theri were 6 buttons you had to use
icon_wink.gif

Other ood ones were
- Gyrus
- Mortal Kombat
- Double Dragon
- Sky Soldiers

Ahhhh If it wasn't for these games I reckon I would own my house by now
icon_wink.gif

Guys & Gals,

I have this fantastic lil program on my computer called MAME32 (Multi Arcade M??? Emulator) OK basically you can play most of your fav games like Hyper Olympics on your PC (as long as your PC is not ancient say P2 366mhz with 64mg RAM and upwards). At the moment I have about 198 different games here is an exapmle of some

- 1941, 1942, 1943
- Altered Beast
- Arkanoid
- Bomb Jack
- Bubble Bubble (a few versions)
- Double Dragon
- Ghosts n Goblins
- Karate Champ
- New Zealand Story
- Pang
- Rainbow Islands
- Robocop
- Spy Hunter
- Street Fighter II
- Wonderboys 1, 2 & 3

If ya want to get ya hands on some go to www.mame.dk or if you are REALLY lazy I can burn a CD and you can get it off me at the Queensland Cup (Koolfoam) if any of ya's are going to it. Shout me a drink and I will call it even
icon_wink.gif

has everyone forgotten the original blockbuster arcade game? SPACE INVADERS.

spent many hours on that.....used to think I was the ducks nuts getting past round 3.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

I have had mame on my computer for quite a few years now and it is fantastic. Only problem is i wish they had wonderboy.

My favourite's are Tutankham, Wonderboy, Hyper Olympics, Donkey Kong Jnr and Bubble Bobble. Burger Time wasnt to bad either.
How sore did your fingers used to get though playing HO.

Pinball machines, played plenty but didnt really have a fav but must of the old ones were better than any off the new ones.
icon_cool.gif

This list could be long....

Double Dragon(i always fell down the holes or off the bridge)
Gyruss
Galaxian
Side Arms
Galaga
Pole Position
Spy Hunter(stand up and the pinball machine)
Elevator Action
Moon Patrol
Neo Geo Bowling(averaged 240 for 24 games straight on it once)
Frogger
Pac Man(and Ghost Muncher)
Scramble
forgotten the rest, theres too many

Elevator ACTION

Forgot that one it was a beauty

I have a similar CD on my system MADGOD i got it from Stax not sure if he still has it

What about 10Yard Fight, Donkey Kong, QIX, Qbert

And the sequel to HO - Hyper Sports, with the clay shooting and swimming

Might have to have a game now
icon_biggrin.gif

Space Invaders rocks !!!!!

spent many an hour playing that game !!!!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

never got past level 2 but had a lot of fun trying !!!!!!!

Without a doubt, it had to be Hyper Olympics. How many of you guys cheated playing that game, by using a 20c coin, or a cigerette light to run over the buttons really quick?? you could do the 100m in 7 seconds!! haha

didn't play many video games... but the best would of had to been Snow Brothers.
best game out at the moment would have to be Buck Hunter!

Back
Top Bottom