Bendigo tournament this weekend?

milkman

Does anyone have any information about the Goldpin tournament that is due to run in Bendigo on Sunday 7/7? I dont think I have seen any entry forms

Spoke to the people down at Bendigo today, there is currently only 21 entries for this tournament.

Maximum they can have is 56, prize fund is based on 48. They will call the tournament off if they dont get at 25 bowlers.

I questioned them about lane conditions as well. Not sure about the number of units, but it will be laid to 35 feet, buffed to 40, which to me, is a league pattern type shot we normally see at AMF centres, so scoring should be ok.

Lanes are re-oiled after a squad, but no wash. Apparently washing and re-oiling takes 1.5 hours, so thats out of the question. I would suggest you chuck your name down for A squad if you want to bowl.

Wouldnt mind seeing some entries for this tournament, as, people complain that there is nothing to bowl in, but then when tournaments get organised, noone supports them.

Does anyone have any information about the Goldpin tournament that is due to run in Bendigo on Sunday 7/7? I dont think I have seen any entry forms

Ya'll come on down...I'd love to see this tournament a success.
Oh yeah..in spite of what Milkman has posted, I would suggest you bring your hook monster just to be safe.
icon_wink.gif

Spoke to the people down at Bendigo today, there is currently only 21 entries for this tournament.

Maximum they can have is 56, prize fund is based on 48. They will call the tournament off if they dont get at 25 bowlers.

I questioned them about lane conditions as well. Not sure about the number of units, but it will be laid to 35 feet, buffed to 40, which to me, is a league pattern type shot we normally see at AMF centres, so scoring should be ok.

Lanes are re-oiled after a squad, but no wash. Apparently washing and re-oiling takes 1.5 hours, so thats out of the question. I would suggest you chuck your name down for A squad if you want to bowl.

Wouldnt mind seeing some entries for this tournament, as, people complain that there is nothing to bowl in, but then when tournaments get organised, noone supports them.

Ya'll come on down...I'd love to see this tournament a success.
Oh yeah..in spite of what Milkman has posted, I would suggest you bring your hook monster just to be safe.
icon_wink.gif

Unfortunatley the bills in my letterbox have had the final say, will be at vic open for sure though.

Unfortunatley the bills in my letterbox have had the final say, will be at vic open for sure though.

Spoke to Bendigo Bowl this morning - there was a bit of a rumour that the tournament was going to be called off due to lack of numbers - NOT TRUE!!!

They currently have over thirty bowlers - so if you were thinking of bowling but haven't committed yet - give them a call and register!! It is going to be fun!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Spoke to Bendigo Bowl this morning - there was a bit of a rumour that the tournament was going to be called off due to lack of numbers - NOT TRUE!!!

They currently have over thirty bowlers - so if you were thinking of bowling but haven't committed yet - give them a call and register!! It is going to be fun!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom