Bali Bombings

L

LittleStax

JAKARTA, Oct. 2 (Xinhuanet) -- The number of people killed in bomb blasts in Indonesia's Bali island on Saturday rose to 26 people by Sunday morning, local media reports said on Sunday.

Meanwhile 127 people were reportedly injured in the blasts in two areas in Jimabaran and Kuta on the resort island. They are now being treated in nearby hospitals, Detik webline said.

The latest findings also showed that 21 persons were missing inthe bombings.

Bombs exploded almost simultaneously in two tourist areas of Bali. The first and second explosions occurred at 18:50 p.m. ( local time) at a food court in Jimbaran district and the third blast at 19:00 p.m. in Kuta Town Square.

The victims included foreign tourists. Putu Putra Wisada, a spokesman at the Sangla Hospital in Denpasar, said that his hospital admitted 11 dead and 38 others wounded -- eight Australians, two Americans and 28 Indonesians.

A receptionist at the Graha Asih Hospital close to Jimbaran Baysaid that at least eight bodies were in the morgue, and doctors were treating at least 13 other people.

Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has reportedly arrived in Bali to inspect the scenes of bomb blasts.

The president on Saturday night had ordered Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Widodo, State Inelligence Agency Head Syamsir Siregar and Indonesian Police Chief General Sutanto to leave for Bali.

This is the second largest bomb blast in last three years. On Oct. 12, 2002, Bomb blasts occurred in Bali, killing 202 people mostly Australian vacationers.

Leaders around the world condemned the Saturday attacks while some of Indonesia's neighbors are showing their willings of help.

Australia was preparing to fly military aircraft and commercialflights to Indonesia's Bali on Sunday.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard said his country is responding to Indonesia's request for help and Australian police and victim identification experts were on their way to Bali.

In the blasts, one Australian was confirmed dead and 17 others were injured. Enditem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

does anyone else find this total BULLSHIT!, how come bali can find people with a tiny bit of weed in there pocket yet they cant spot a guy covered in bombs?!?!?!!?
I heard that the Australia that died was a 16 year old boy from Perth. I hope I don't know him, because I know a group of about 30 guys that went to bali to celebrate the end of footy season... im really scared :-(

LITTLESTAX,
THERE HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED A WOMAN FROM NEWCSTLE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED DEAD WHILST HER HUSBAND IS IN HOSPITAL IN A CRITICAL CONDITION, HER SON WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE LUNCH WITH HER BUT CANCELLED - HE WAS NOT HURT, OTHER FAMILY ARE FLYING TO BALI.
THERE WILL BE MORE AUSSIES HURT DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!
I CAN'T BELEIVE THAT THERE HAS BEEN MORE BOMBINGS...HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AUSTRALIA GETS ATTACKED?
aLSO THE YOUNG GUY FROM PERTH HIS NAME CAN'T REMEMBER BUT SURNAME WAS FITZGERALD

SLATERGIRL :eek:

Yeah it's not good at all this.
I think one of the girls down at the bowl here was only in Bali a week or fortnight back or something.
I spent the entire weekend in Lonnie when the first big Bali bombings went off a few years ago, and spent the entire weekend in Lonnie this weekend and another lot went off - spooky.

i do know the kid that died, but were not friends, more aquaintances.
and his dad is in hospital in a critical condition, along with his mum and his little sister.
poor family :(

ii recon tht when and if australia get bombed they will take the harbour bridge.kill many people, and screw sydney up. which will cause a frenzy and etc. just my opinion.

I agree littlestax also how's this:

Which state IS MORE VUNERABLE:

MELBOURNE- CROWN, THE RIALTO, WESTGATE BRIDGE, FLINDERS ST STATION AND SPENCER ST , THE DOCKLANDS, ARTS CENTRE, MCG, FEDERATION SQUARE.

SYDNEY- HARBOUR BRIDGE

BRISBANE/GOLDCOAST- THEME PARKS??

ADELAIDE - ALL THE CHURCHES???

TASSIE- THE BOAT,PORT ARTHUR ,THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

NT- DUNNO ALICE SPRINGS - AYERS ROCK???

CANBERRA - DUNNO???

PERTH - THE BELL TOWER IN THE CITY, CITY BUILDINGS.

IF ANYONE THINKS THEY CAN ADD ANY SUGGESTIONS GO AHEAD, IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW VUNERABLE - AUSTRALIA AS A WHOLE REALLY IS.

CHAZ

slatergirl said:

MELBOURNE- CROWN, THE RIALTO, WESTGATE BRIDGE, FLINDERS ST STATION AND SPENCER ST , THE DOCKLANDS, ARTS CENTRE, MCG, FEDERATION SQUARE.

SYDNEY- HARBOUR BRIDGE

CANBERRA - DUNNO???

IF ANYONE THINKS THEY CAN ADD ANY SUGGESTIONS GO AHEAD, IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW VUNERABLE - AUSTRALIA AS A WHOLE REALLY IS.

CHAZ

I havent heard of half of the places from melb
Syd also has the city... which is generally PACKED
Brisbane and Goldcoast dont really have anything unless its school holidays...
Adelaide is smaller then perth, no point in bombing them
Tassie... well, no comment really
NT - no where of any significane to bomb
Canberra has the government, wot ever his name is and all them legal people, i wouldnt mind seeing canberra get bombed :p (no offence to ppl that live there)
Perth... the bell tower is SHIT and no one goes there, the best place to bomb here would be Scaborough beach or the city, which on onli busy on the holidays and weekends.

slatergirl said:

SYDNEY- HARBOUR BRIDGE

CANBERRA - DUNNO???

CHAZ

Well first of all, canberra has the 2 parliament houses and john howard lives there too. aprently melbourne is next on the list.

and if they were to bom qld and the theme parks there are manily tourists there which consist of japenese and chinese people!

LittleStax said:
JAKARTA, Oct. 2 (Xinhuanet) -- The number of people killed in bomb blasts in Indonesia's Bali island on Saturday rose to 26 people by Sunday morning, local media reports said on Sunday.
Meanwhile 127 people were reportedly injured in the blasts in two areas in Jimabaran and Kuta on the resort island. They are now being treated in nearby hospitals, Detik webline said.
The latest findings also showed that 21 persons were missing inthe bombings.
Bombs exploded almost simultaneously in two tourist areas of Bali. The first and second explosions occurred at 18:50 p.m. ( local time) at a food court in Jimbaran district and the third blast at 19:00 p.m. in Kuta Town Square.
The victims included foreign tourists. Putu Putra Wisada, a spokesman at the Sangla Hospital in Denpasar, said that his hospital admitted 11 dead and 38 others wounded -- eight Australians, two Americans and 28 Indonesians.
A receptionist at the Graha Asih Hospital close to Jimbaran Baysaid that at least eight bodies were in the morgue, and doctors were treating at least 13 other people.
Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has reportedly arrived in Bali to inspect the scenes of bomb blasts.
The president on Saturday night had ordered Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Widodo, State Inelligence Agency Head Syamsir Siregar and Indonesian Police Chief General Sutanto to leave for Bali.
This is the second largest bomb blast in last three years. On Oct. 12, 2002, Bomb blasts occurred in Bali, killing 202 people mostly Australian vacationers.
Leaders around the world condemned the Saturday attacks while some of Indonesia's neighbors are showing their willings of help.
Australia was preparing to fly military aircraft and commercialflights to Indonesia's Bali on Sunday.
Australian Prime Minister John Howard said his country is responding to Indonesia's request for help and Australian police and victim identification experts were on their way to Bali.
In the blasts, one Australian was confirmed dead and 17 others were injured. Enditem
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
does anyone else find this total BULLSHIT!, how come bali can find people with a tiny bit of weed in there pocket yet they cant spot a guy covered in bombs?!?!?!!?
I heard that the Australia that died was a 16 year old boy from Perth. I hope I don't know him, because I know a group of about 30 guys that went to bali to celebrate the end of footy season... im really scared :-(

they cant find the people because they are suicide bombings, which means they probably Make the bombs at home! and then the question is why do they bomb their own country?... someone told me there familys get big pay outs or somthing if they are killed?

If they were to bomb Australia they would go for somewhere big that has a lot of significance to us...a world city ie Sydney and Melbourne.
They may also target Canberra just because its our nations capital...
I dont know of places in Melbourne that could be bombed...but in Sydney (and depending on how they may wish to attack) there are so many places; Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Central Station (a suicide bomber running through there at peak hour...my God!), Darling Harbour and so on...

slatergirl said:

IF ANYONE THINKS THEY CAN ADD ANY SUGGESTIONS GO AHEAD, IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW VUNERABLE - AUSTRALIA AS A WHOLE REALLY IS
CHAZ

Probably the Spirit Of Tasmania I or II.
Cadbury's at Claremont wouldn't ever be a target I don't think.
I would tend to think that Salamanca on Saturday morning when it is bursting with people (a lot of them tourists) would be a bigger attraction to some nutjob than Port Arthur or Cadbury's.
The Tasman Bridge, the area around the Royal Hobart Hospital and the Hobart Police Station would be a fair chance of targeting due to those three areas being in parts where local infrastructure would be the most vital in the city.

You'd no doubt remember Martin Bryant doing Port Arthur in 1996, a list of other possible targets were found in his home shortly after the shootings, and the North Hobart Restaraunt/Bar strip (right next to me here) was one of his targets.
If he'd done that on a busy Friday/Saturday night he could've shot 1000+ people in a confined area.

Having said all that, I highly doubt Tassie would be a target, but these days you can never say that with any certainty - after all, we never thought some f*cktard would run around a tourist site with an AR-15 lacing unsuspecting people off did we?

Hi ya again guys

yeh i remember Martin Bryant and the P.A. Tradegy and so on....so Sydney wins followed by Melbourne.

Just goes to show what we are all in for "when it happens"....sometime in the future???

Chantal

I think if they want to attack somewhere in Australia they will go to the place where they can do the most damage -- Sydney or Melbourne.
Remember Melbourne has the Commonwealth Games next year that could be a good time being an international event.
Just remember the London bombings happened when the Ashes series was on and the Aussies were there playing cricket

slatergirl said:
Hi ya again guys
yeh i remember Martin Bryant and the P.A. Tradegy and so on....so Sydney wins followed by Melbourne.
Just goes to show what we are all in for "when it happens"....sometime in the future???
Chantal
I think this person should think about what they post.
Nobody wins in any of this terrorism crap.
Rob

Back
Top Bottom