Bahrain Open ****300****

P

pbafire

In the last squad tonight...local Bahraini Hussain Guhloum shot the tourney's first 300

First 11 were dead flush....last one a perfect cross over....hey anytime you throw the last one cross for the 12th strike is perfect, right.

Anyway...not going to post too much on scores.....but things are heating up. More participants from other Gulf Countries are arriving. Still many more to come, as well as the Europeans and Tim and the two from down under that are coming.

I shot a 673 and 693 tonight to move up to I think 5th (for now)....221 average.

PBAFIRE

********* YAHOOOO *********

Hey Scott, Please pass on my heart felt Congratulations to Hussain

Its a well deserved effort, probably one of the hardest workers over there. :D :D :D

Is the car all his or like the ARAB champs and shared. :roll:

You seem to be playing well certainly going to make the top cut.

How many shifts you getting in a day the regular 3 or 4 and the odd 5th lol :lol:

Any of the European Women going over that you know of, might get a few that were there in Qatar last year. maybe even the Columbian girls too.

Keep up the good bowling mate, Frawls, Tim & George should all arrive a week Tuesday i believe

An again pass on my best to Hussain, a worthy winner of the bonus prize

Hey there,
It's been awhile since I posted on here, I dont even remember my user name and password, lol normally just a silent lurker as a guest.
As to Bahrain open, been good so far, dont think the cut willl be 247 like yast year lol :shock: but looks like 225-230 way scores are going im leaning to 225, but knowing Fun Lands oiling everydays been different so far, but still alot of Internationals to come. I hear maybe 5 chicks will stop thru on their way to Qatar, and yes the 2 colombians are amongst them, :wink: but also like u know its one thing what the assocation says and its another on what actually happens.
Big question is Tim Mac gonna come?? If so how will he manage it, perth cup finishes the 2nd and qualifying is only till 4th evening here, its pretty tight, so plz keep us posted from perth Al... :roll: Mind u he's already on his way to Qatar he may aswell pop in, only gotta make top 32, well 27 and knowing Tim he'll put up a good challenge.
Hussains 300, I missed it but was stoked 4 him... he's gotta be by far most improved bowler, I remember when we 1st came here 2001 he was a beginner shooting 450's, now alot more consistent, mind u he invests alot of time and money into the game .... (still most trials in every tournie LOL.) The car is up 4 shares, so he's sitting tight, but I think a few more to come, already a 299 by a Qatari yth bowler (Mater Al-Kuwari)
King Shaheen graced us with his presence, only 2 warm up trials, 670, 680, not bad at all, love watching him, so simple yet so damn acruate and cool as a cuecumber. Ok babbleing on now. Results updated daily on www.bowling.com.bh
Real shame there wasnt more aussies investing in the trip over to the gulf for Bahrain and Qatar open, alot of money up 4 grabs mens and ladies, definatly worth the trip over, maybe next year u guys should keep it in mind.
Hope all is well back home, good luck to every one participating in Perth Cup next, looks like its gonna be a great one this year alot of big names, I'll be as usual keeping an eye out on line for results and goss too.
Take it easy, Miss everyone heaps ...really need a vacation LOL!
Cheers,
NEAT
:lol: :D :wink:

Bahrain Open Updated Scores

Score are (for now) up to date on www.bowling.com.bh/results.xls

So far......they seem to keep them semi up to date, but already a few days ago they got a day behind.

Anyhow....a few bigger scores yesterday....two seperate Qatari's shot 700's (729 and 738 :shock: ).

Local Bahraini Aziz Jaffar shot a 702 to move up nicely.

I am still sitting in 6th, trying to knock off a 636 low. Alan...no not 3-5 trials a day this year, I went through two booklets not two and a half like last year, but I did spread them out better...had two a day until the weekend then had 5 yesterday (cause I had to work today, the last day to use the booklets). So.....anyway....today is also the last day of the cheap squads (and the next to last day for week 1 high series prizes), might have one our two today to see if I can vault around some people with a good set...and then just take a three day break to rest and see how the scores go and keep trying the last few days if need be....I might be safe now, might not....still toooooo early :? .

Still no big names from other gulf countries besides Qatar.....who know's when the Saudi's and UAE bowlers will arrive?

Take care all.

PBAFIRE

Al....just realized I didn't answer your question about the car....

Sponsor this year is VW not Al Zayni Mitsubishi...so the car is a tiny Golf (Polo)...probably about BD 3000-4000 value. And yes, same as last year, shared if mored then one shot a 300 (but for the other high game, it is who ever shots it first...so that 299 from that Qatari youth locked that prize).

Also the paper had something fishy about his 300....something to the effect "in order to claim the prize he has to maintain his average".....I think they were just trying to say, no one else can shot 300 in order for him to claim the car, if not (i.e. someone else shot a 300), then the money value for the car is split.

A few people have sniffed around the perfecto (me include...had front 7 before leaving a 7-10 thank you very much lane 17).

Anyway, switch gears to Qatar Open, but still talking about 300's....they are doing the 300 Plus again.....however the rules this year say last years 300 + must be beaten....so Mubarak's 384???....300 plus what 3 more strikes and then an 7 count I think....too confusing they way they did that....and heck, if I'm bowling good, I want those strikes to count at the begining of the next game....not just your series "frozen" for the bonus frames to figure out who is going to claim that prize.

OK OK ...back to work....hehehe (but at least the internet is free here).

Scott

CHEERS

Thanks for the updates Scotty and wow NEAT been a long time for u to post

I remember young Mater, tall kid, nice shot he came last year too

And you always loved that pair(17&18) Scotty, did they get that rack fixed yet?

I think the boys are just giving themselves that night(3rd) and the next day(4th) to qualify, well wortth a chance plenty of squads for those guys. But i remember watching Tore do it last year wasnt easy but he made it!

Surprising no Saudis yet but they'll be there from Wednesday night for sure all of them by the weekend (Friday

So Neat have you bowled or waiting to see who comes first?

Thx again Scott and keep the posts coming

Best wishes to Sharon

Hi ya, me again... :D
Yeah I know a long time since I posted, mind u I hardly ever said much.
Great to see Tim's coming and Angrew and George too, be nice to see some faces from home and hopefully they'll have enough time to qualify, funny u mentioned the Tore situation I was fearing the same thing too, but like u said Al well worth taking the chance especially if ur on ur way to Qatar.
Saudis started to roll in today and I'm sure more by the weekend (god help us!!!) Just spoke to scott, he said the coach was over too, this time no brown leather jacket instead a funky pink shirt LOL, he's a real laugh though.
Me no I'm not gonna play regardless of whos coming or not, havent been practicing much and i'm too damn incostitent....I may shoot 600 and back it up with a 480. Its costly (not really an issuse cause u can get sponsors) but ladies only pay top 3 :? !!!! and i'd need to atleast invest BD100/- so not really worth it with a few reasonable local girls (ie Nadia, Alma) in the feild and also a few outsiders I think I'm quite happy sitting back and watching them all slog it out, save the sponsorship for another one where they atleast pay top 6 or so. But been realy itching to play just for the sake of it, hate being a spectator this year cause ur not here Al and I'm not working at the bowl or playing, but its been pretty good so far, and I'm sure things will heat up soon past the weekend.
Gotta go now, take it easy and keep in touch
Cheers :wink:
NEAT

Back
Top Bottom