AUSTRALIAN OPEN scores

Wayne, Ian (to the best of my knowledge) does do the scores as a volunteer. Receiving expenses back means he does do the job for nothing, rather than at a financial cost to himself. Do you have a different definition of a volunteer other than one who provides his services for no pay?

Boy o boy i didn't want it go down this track i was just trying to find a solution , asking for scores to be posted asap the same as any other keen supporter
There is an answer but none of the above posts are any help!!!!

Boy o boy i didn't want it go down this track i was just trying to find a solution , asking for scores to be posted asap the same as any other keen supporter
There is an answer but none of the above posts are any help!!!!

Couldn't agree more Robbo! Reminds me of an old saying, my mother used to always say, "If you don't have anything positive to say, then, say nothing at all."

Wayne, Ian (to the best of my knowledge) does do the scores as a volunteer. Receiving expenses back means he does do the job for nothing, rather than at a financial cost to himself. Do you have a different definition of a volunteer other than one who provides his services for no pay?

If thats the case I would like to see how many hands will go up to go away watch bowling and put the scores in, you dont get paid just your expenses.
I feel sorry for those that do it for free,(Stuart Crowley,Andrew Christopher) just to name ones in Qld and they do a great job.
Bet if you paid the expenses for those that are doing it in all the other states, they would be happy to post on the tba website.
All it looks like at the moment is one guy who won't let anyone else in just incase they do a better job.
Take a leaf out of Jase's book let people help and it will work better.
Well done to Total Bowling who kept us uptodate with the score's.
Thanks.

Seriously, and I'm not having a go at anyone, the TBA effort was a long way from good. That's a FACT. Why is it so terrible to say so?
Comparatively, there are some wonderful examples of progressive scores being posted on this site.
Recent examples include Bathurst, Orange , Caboolture...............I could fill this page with examples.

If everybody is silent, may it not indicate that there wasn't all that much interest among bowlers generally in what happens on the tournament scene. Anyone want to tell me that that's good?

If no one said anything, why would anything possibly improve in the future?

Seriously, and I'm not having a go at anyone, the TBA effort was a long way from good. That's a FACT. Why is it so terrible to say so?
Comparatively, there are some wonderful examples of progressive scores being posted on this site.
Recent examples include Bathurst, Orange , Caboolture...............I could fill this page with examples.

If everybody is silent, may it not indicate that there wasn't all that much interest among bowlers generally in what happens on the tournament scene. Anyone want to tell me that that's good?

If no one said anything, why would anything possibly improve in the future?

Could not agree with you more jimcross......

Look, live scoring is not that hard. I manage to do this for most of the events that I take part in...... Orange, Bathurst, NSW Next Level Grand Prix Series, etc and can i tell you that it doesn't take hours for blocks to be put up.

As far as I am aware, Ian did not do the scores for AO or Vic 150....please correct me if I am wrong.

He did though, provide the scores for the junior Nationals & did an awesome job.
Was nice to be able to follow my daughters & the Vic teams progress.

I think some of the keyboard warriors out there need to get out of their dark little enclaves, put their hands up & do a bit instead of continually bagging the crap out of those that are. If it is so easy & these people like Ian & Sue are doing such a bad job or doing wrong in your opinion, then please, by all means, give them a call & offer your input. I am sure they will listen.

Rob

PS....before Wayne, Jim & company fire up.....I am not listening:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom