Association Challenge Wrap Up

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Quote of the Tournament…Its not how you start its how you finish…Ask your wife….(Jim Murray GC to David Weild HB)

Funniest moment of the tournament…
Peter Brown (PIRATE)…Sunshine Coast…When playing against us…Gave three cheers at the end for Gold Coast…Then decided to also give our three cheers to the Sunshine Coast for us since he will be apart of our team next year…

Hardest Team to Beat…

Caboolture…We had them on the ropes in both matches up until the 6th frame of each game but let them back in to win their points…

Closest match…
Brisbane …on both occasions the matches were 3 all and the overall was separated by only 10 pins in each game…

Worse team to play…

Ipswich…Both times we played them found it hard to lift…The whole players area was very flat and felt like we were playing in a morgue…

Best team to play…

Hervey Bay…Weildy and his men…Most genuine guys on the lanes and what they say is what they mean…Never a dull moment and always a fun match…

Luckiest Player…
Jimmy Allen…Kingaroy…If this guy had 150 strikes in this tournament I would guarantee 149.5 of them were Brooklyn…Love your work Jimmy hope you found you ball ok…

Unluckiest Player…
Geoffrey Stevens…Rockhampton…This guy had plenty of form going into the event and to bowl one game and sit out the next 7 hours is unacceptable at any level regardless of politics…

Most improved… (TIE)
1.Andrew Drew (Garden Gnome)…Caboolture…It’s amazing how much you lift with the word Captain on your shirt…I recon you had a good Teacher…Well done mate…
1.Graham Allen…Rockhampton…Hasn’t hit the side of a barn all year and makes all stars…Practice leading up to this event must have paid off mate…

Player of the Tournament…
Chris Quail…Sunshine Coast…Most polite player off the approach…Hardest nut to crack on the approach…

Team of the Tournament…
Gold Coast (OF COURSE)…Yet again proved hard to beat on another tough condition…Well balanced sides both male and female…

Fastest roomer spread in the tournament…
Kellie Hart’s 5-7-10 Leave…Took two minutes to get from the pair she was on down to Gold Coast Men on 15&16…

If I can think of any others I will add them…Use the titles and give us your opinions also…Always good to get to see what others see in the event…;)

Looby's 5-8-9

When Brissy played Kingaroy at the end i went Cab..........

Age is catching up with me.

hammo

Best & Worst in 1 game.

Alex Winch's (Toowoomba) 4-6-7-10 Spare but then through a gutter ball after a spare in the same game to give Caboolture a point.

Thanks for that point Alex

Quote of the Tournament… I have 2
1st Mary Flower in the toilet, I can't say children might read it :D :D :D
2nd Graham Allan saying he had 1 board to hit

Jase goes Brookie and than proceeds to apologise to every other opposing team mate including managers, than when he gets to the other side of the console the whole Gold Coast team erupt in a yeahhhhhhh and high fives, that’s gold fellas:D

Hardest Team to Beat…
Caboolture… with 2 left handers and the garden Gnome, an awesome effort it takes

Closest match…
Gold Coast.. With Jase revving up his troops and Jim saying stuff that I had to get Jase to interrupt, but laugh any way, also that fella Brian bowling the best I’ve seen him, it was always going to be close, but it was 3 points each and very tight, great game

Worse team to play…
Harvey Bay, They always seem to bowl well against us, especially wieldy, great guy and sportsmanship, every year

Best team to play…
Ipswich... Always love to hang crap on these guys, they always give it back

Luckiest Player…
Graham Allan... It didn't matter where he put it, it was strike baby,

Unluckiest Player…
Brad Reggars... Should have had more games

Most improved… (TIE)
Craig Mcglosky... Best I’ve seen him bowl

Brian Looby, A great guy to talk to and I enjoyed our match it came down to the wire thanks

Team of the Tournament…
Gold Coast... There team spirit and bonding is second to none

Well the one I heard was I sit all day at Pearson's workshop using the phone, guys it no rumour it's true:D

My highlight of the weekend was being in such a great team, and winning, but the real highlight was..... to come home and find out that one of the greats wants to bowl for the Coast next year, Can't wait to have you line up in our team next year Miss Cathy Elwell.....;)

Quote of the Tournament…Its not how you start its how you finish…Ask your wife….(Jim Murray GC to David Weild HB)
Peter Brown (PIRATE)…Sunshine Coast…When playing against us…Gave three cheers at the end for Gold Coast…Then decided to also give our three cheers to the Sunshine Coast for us since he will be apart of our team next year…

Hardest Team to Beat…

Caboolture…We had them on the ropes in both matches up until the 6th frame of each game but let them back in to win their points…
Closest match…
Brisbane …on both occasions the matches were 3 all and the overall was separated by only 10 pins in each game…

Worse team to play…

Ipswich…Both times we played them found it hard to lift…The whole players area was very flat and felt like we were playing in a morgue…

Best team to play…

Hervey Bay…Weildy and his men…Most genuine guys on the lanes and what they say is what they mean…Never a dull moment and always a fun match…
Luckiest Player…
Jimmy Allen…Kingaroy…If this guy had 150 strikes in this tournament I would guarantee 149.5 of them were Brooklyn…Love your work Jimmy hope you found you ball ok…
Unluckiest Player…
Geoffrey Stevens…Rockhampton…This guy had plenty of form going into the event and to bowl one game and sit out the next 7 hours is unacceptable at any level regardless of politics…
Most improved… (TIE)
1.Andrew Drew (Garden Gnome)…Caboolture…It’s amazing how much you lift with the word Captain on your shirt…I recon you had a good Teacher…Well done mate…
1.Graham Allen…Rockhampton…Hasn’t hit the side of a barn all year and makes all stars…Practice leading up to this event must have paid off mate…
Chris Quail…Sunshine Coast…Most polite player off the approach…Hardest nut to crack on the approach…
Team of the Tournament…
Gold Coast (OF COURSE)…Yet again proved hard to beat on another tough condition…Well balanced sides both male and female…
Kellie Hart’s 5-7-10 Leave…Took two minutes to get from the pair she was on down to Gold Coast Men on 15&16…
If I can think of any others I will add them…Use the titles and give us your opinions also…Always good to get to see what others see in the event…;)
Hey Jase
Are you sure you didn't enjoy those matches against Hervey Bay cause they were the only matches where you only lost 1 point each match:D

Quote of the Tournament… I have 2
Hammo at the dinner - Nothing to see here...as Jim Murray had "his way" with Brenda Meads in the gents and then buying him a "Cocksucking Cowboy" cocktail from the bar.
Mary Flower on the sunday....Thish ish my fourth heavy beer Dale......sluring her words all the way...seen you tipsy before crow....but not in a bowl...:p..at least there was no mascara running down your face (Gladstone in a pool a long time ago)

Jase goes Brookie and than proceeds to apologise to every other opposing team mate including managers, than when he gets to the other side of the console the whole Gold Coast team erupt in a yeahhhhhhh and high fives, that’s gold fellas.....then watching Dave Turnage try & do it and start on the wrong side....

Hardest Team to Beat…
Caboolture… with 2 left handers and the garden Gnome, an awesome effort it takes....Agreed....toughest team to beat.......Drewy had them revved up and well trained.

Closest match…
Brisbane......without a doubt.....3 each both games.....and watching hammer & looby go at it was gold.....

Worse team to play…
Ipswich...very flat.....sorry guys......found it very hard to get revved up against them,,,,

Best team to play…
Tie....Caboolture & Brisbane....tough opponents.....never give an inch...most intense competition between Cab, Bris, & GC as I have ever seen...

Luckiest Player…
Any lefty...seemed as though there were 3 boards to hit - 5, 10 & 15

Unluckiest Player…
Brian Looby.....Rotator cuff in the 3rd last game......after bowling 15 games straight.

Most improved…...
Craig Mcglosky... Best I’ve seen him bowl.....Agreed.......certainly gave me a touch up....
Craig Greenhill....for a Rookie...bowled very well....and seemed to have an endless amount of strength & determination

Brian Looby, A great guy to talk to and I enjoyed our match it came down to the wire thanks...again Agreed....great to room with...great to talk to...great to bowl with...and he cooks a mean scrambled eggs

Team of the Tournament…
Gold Coast.....of course...my first time...hopefully wont be the last.....enjoyed every minute.......best there is, best there was, best there ever will be (no prizes for guessing where the quote comes from)

Hammo & Reggars sitting out on the last day against Caboolture when we needed Brisbane to win....we couldn't believe it & had to go down & find out for ourselves....Caboolture simply said...thanks

Hammo & Reggars sitting out on the last day against Caboolture when we needed Brisbane to win....we couldn't believe it & had to go down & find out for ourselves....Caboolture simply said...thanks

PMSL :wtf1:

Back
Top Bottom