Association Challenge 2007

Kellie

Facebook Rocks
I just want to say to everyone taking the drive to Bundy tomorrow, have a safe trip.

To all bowlers on the weekend good luck, good bowling, but most of all have fun.

May the best team win.

Go Gold Coast.

ditto on that Kellie!!

looking forward to the stories at the end of the weekend!

Woo hoo we made it...Nice job on getting the fire brigade to do a show piece there Pete ...:p

Shall be fixed, right away. Sorry about the mistake.

Wasnt informed she wasnt bowling. And they were only writing Jacinta on the Score sheet.

As of the end of Play tonight Indivual and team scores will be updated but they will not be updated again till after the presentation tomorrow. I will still be updating the The Standings of the Association for all to follow.

Hope to have some more pictures up tomorrow as well

Just got home from the dinner…Yes I am smashed and what a great night it was…I would love to thank Errol Piper for once again a great night and congrats to my Captain and Team mate and good friend, Jim Murray on becoming a “SIR” for the Gold Coast Team…

Also Congratulations to Andrew Shinnie on his award for his great efforts for his contribution towards the Gold Coast Association…

Well done Guys…Maybe we should look at getting some Music or entertainment for next years dinner… Might have everyone stay around and dance and have a great time, instead of playing the pokies…

Thanks Jason, and thanks team for bringing back the goodies.
However a very special thank you to Bundy for organising a highly successful and trouble free event.
A lot of competitors don't realise how much organisation goes into a tournament of this magnitude, and it is a huge credit to the Bundaberg Committee and helpers that it ran so smoothly.
The smaller centres don't have either the membership or the funds that we have in the Cities, and they have to work doubly hard to put it all together.
And I know that down here we occasionally tend to talk ourselves up a little, but we sure do appreciate the effort that Bundy put into this years event.
A sincere thank you from all down here.

Totally agree with Mr. Shinnee for once! - a big thank you and congrats. to those in Bundaberg who put in the very hard yards to get the Challenge organized - it is such a good weekend and those volunteers behind the scenes in kitchens, maintaining lanes etc., and being NICE for 3 whole days is a tribute to the effort put in ............ THANK YOU ALL !!!!! The bowlers say this every year so something must be right with the Association Challenge formula ..... thanks to fellow bowlers from all over and to Andrew for his scores. Kingaroy peanuts are great also !!! Great also to see so many 'young' bowlers alongside the 'fossils'.

And even the XXXX is good in Bundy - the home of the rum !!! Thanks Pete.

Flower

Well it's all over for another year and when the dust settled Gold Coast scraped home by a mere 26 pins after 18 games on challanging conditions to be crowned " CHAMPIONS ".
To Sir David Turnage and his men and Kellie Hart and her Ladies Congratulations on a tremendous effort on defending your title.

For the 2nd time in 3 years, The Men from Caboolture ran away with the Men's Title from a gallant Gold Coast and Ipswich was 3rd. Well done to Andrew " Drewy " Drew and his team mates.

Last years defending Ladies Champions Gold Coast was again ruthless and ran away with the title. Brisbane tried hard to run second with 2005 winners Caboolture coming third. Congrats again to Kellie Hart and her team.

To the Men and Women who made this years All-Stars Team, well done on a fine achievement. Conditions weren't easy at all.
For the Men: Andrew Drew (Cab), Graham Allen (Roc), Brian Looby (GC), Sir Phil Wilkinson (Cab) and Nathan Hay (Cab)
For the Women: Tanya Stevenson (GC), Mel Warmington (Bris), Linda Green (Cab), Mindy Rafton (Bris) and Baroness Fiona Pilgrim (King)

At the Presntation Dinner each association acknowledge a member from their association for their efforts and contributions to them. Sorry but i don't remember all of them but without you this event wouldn't happen and we the bowlers owe you a big thank-you.

Also the Realm welcome 2 new Sirs and a Lady. Sir Brian Bates (Cab) and Sir Jim "Sooty" Murray (GC). I'm really sorry but i don't remember the Lady, so please accept a jester apology. ( Can someone please fill in the gap)

The Realm proclaimed 2 new Titles of Baron and Baroness. Congratulations to former Jester, Baron Morrie Brooks (SSC) and Baroness Fiona Pilgrim (King).

Also the Realm acknowledge the achievement of King's Knight (300) and Prince (299) Steve "Hammer" Hampson (Ips/Bris). Steve rolled his 299 and then followed it up with a 300 at the Challange at Caboolture in 2005.

On behalf of the Jesters we welcome " Queen Jester " Tracy Jacobs (SSC) to the her Rightful place. We Live, We Live ;) :D

The BIGGEST thank-you is to Peter McElligott and his Staff (Bundy Bowl), Maureen McCormack and the Bundy Committee/Members, and to the Bundaberg Community. You couldn't have done it better. You truly made it a wonderful event. I tip my hat to you.

To the Greg and Colleen Sharp and the members of the Brisbane Team. Thank-you for a terriffic week-end. Things just didn't go right for us from the start. Maybe the handout was an omen.:confused: But we learn from this and hopefully at Aspley 10pin Bowl in 2008 we'll make a better go at it.

Well only 364 days to go,

From your Friendly JESTER of the Realm,

Hammo

ps Drewy won our bet on Sunday with a messenger in game 17 i think. :(
A Bottle of RED will be coming your way Mr Shinnie.:(
And Finally Pete, you still owe me a drink!!!!:p

Damn straight about the XXXX Mary, boy it tasted good after each day's bowling.:D

I would like to thank everyone who was involved with organizing the event. It was a very successful event and you all should be very proud of yourselves for it. Also kudos to the techs down the back for keeping the lanes running smoothly all weekend, a sometimes thankless and frustrating job in doing it, but well done guys.

On a team note, we had a couple of firsts for the weekend. For the first time, the ladies didn't beat the men in terms of ladder positions (YAY), the men took 4 points off Brisbane and nearly took all 5, and we took 3 points (I think) off of Gold Coast. I don't know about the ladies but maybe Fiona might remember and post something later.

A couple of special awards at the dinner on Friday night. Lady Fiona was changed to Baroness Fiona and Kathy Jamieson was honoured with becoming Lady Kathy Jamieson. (Boy there were a number of jokes after that and near bodily harm to some people ;) ;) ;) ), and a special award to myself and other people from other associations in helping to organize things at their respective centres for the challenge. Sorry I can't remember the rest of the names, but if someone could post them, it would be greatly appreciated.

All in all, it was a great weekend and I can't wait till next year to catch up with everyone.

Chris G.
(The Kingaroy Peanut)

Flower
Yes well as the title-holder of the Womens Open XXXX Event you would certainly know about that.
I believe you even set a new record on the second day..
:D

I would like to thank Peter and his staff at Bundy Bowl for a great weekend.
You and your team need to pat yourselves on the back, if anything went wrong on the weekend you and your staff had it covered, even the fire down the back. (photo's will be on the site soon)

Thanks to all bowlers it was a great weekend, had a blast made alot of new friends, and it was great to catch up with some old ones aswell.

Mary can have the XXXX title. Only a real woman drinks beer and that isn't me.:D I will stick with Mr Beam.....

Thanks also to Emma for the inside info aswell, you know what I mean.;) ;)

But last but not least a big thanks to Andrew for doing the scores on the weekend, you did a great job not only keeping us the bowlers up to date, but also the people back home, thanks once again.

Flower

Dont Have to tell us. They say a picture says a thousand words.......

:D :D :thumbup:

Sorry Mary couldn't miss this

Photo Courtesy of Bundy Bowl thanks Peter

Attachments

• Mrs XXXX Flower.JPG
    Mrs XXXX Flower.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 59
Congrats to the Gold coast team on a fantastic win, and well deserved. It was great to see your team run smoothly and with passion through out the weekend. When we played you guys it was great and even the jokes were funny this year:D , Jase with the best for the weekend, apologizing for going Brooklyn to the opposition than the whole team going yes, that was priceless mate, and good to see you enjoying your bowling again.

Gold Coast girls a big congrats on another win, you girls did it again, well done.

Brisbane Girls, great finish in 2nd place well bowled, us guys could certainly learn a thing or 2 from you.,

Caboolture men well done on finishing 1st you guys looked good all weekend.

Thanks to Bundy Bowl on a well run event, things ran very smoothly, and everybody was made to feel welcome.

I would also like to thank the Association on the award I was given, something I will cherish for a long time, I thank you very much.

Hopefully see everybody back next year to do it all again.

As Hammo said it's all over for another year, and yes when the dust settled Gold Coast were crowned “CHAMPIONS” yet again…

Congratulations must go to Caboolture on a fine second placing and as Batesy said to me at the end, a draw perhaps may have been a fitting result…
There always has to be a winner or a looser but in my opinion, after 18 games, and over 32 000 pins for each team, 142 points each in total for combined Men and Ladies to only be separated by 26 pins the only winner here is a Tournament called “Association Challenge”.

Kellie and Jim, you both did a marvelous job with the Ladies and Men’s teams as Captains, and it shows that if you can have fun and give it everything you’ve got, no matter what you do if you put your mind to it, it will fall your way…

The Men from Caboolture took home the Men's Title, and rightly so. Drewy mate, you had that team well prepared this year, and it was a great “TEAM” effort by all of your 7 players that went up there…It actually looked as though you guys had a lot of fun and team moral this year, and you have also adopted the Gold Coast way this year, and that was great to see…;) Well done mate and to all your Caboolture team mates, congratulations on a champion effort…

Once again Kellie had the Gold Coast girls prepped and prepared well to defend there title…The inexperienced team that she had this year should hold there heads very high to win by such a comfortable margin…There were on paper, better teams out there but, none more determined and committed then the eventual winners…

Congratulations to all the Men and Women who made this years All-Star Teams, well done on a fine achievement. Conditions weren't easy at all.

Congratulations to all the Men and Women, who were voted into the respective categories on the night of the dinner…Congratulations on your award Steve, something in which I doubt would ever be replicated in this event, and to witness your achievement at Caboolture that year was an honor and something I will remember for a long, long time…

Thanks must go also to Andrew Christopher on a fabulous job on the Live scores, both for the spectators at the bowl and the members of Total bowling who couldn’t be at the event…Well done mate the job you do is second to none…

Last but definitely not least a BIG thank-you to Peter and his Staff @ Bundy Bowl and Leisure, Maureen McCormack and the Bundy Committee and there Members, to all the Bundaberg Community, the sponsors and who could forget the young kids who walked all the teams out in the opening ceremony. You truly made us all from the Gold Coast very welcome and an exciting and wonderful event to be apart of. I congratulate you all on an outstanding event and hope you enjoyed it as much as all the competitors did bowling in the 2007 Association Challenge…

I hope you all made it home safely and until NEXT YEAR take care…

Congratulaions to all the winners this year, sounds like all had fun.

Thankyou for the scores and the photos. Jase did you start that fire?

From a first time ROOKIE (at 43) I have to say I had a great time and I intend to be back next year at Aspley bowling for the Gold Coast team again.

I must also extend a big thanks out to the GC mens captain Stir Jim Murray (no thats not a typo), Sir Dave Turnage, Mr Jason Pearson who led us both on & off the lanes. I think the Brains trust was working and showed what a TEAM effort 5 man team bowling is. Also a big thanks to the other 3 men in the GC team, I didn't have a great tournament, but we all pulled together and had a great time.

Congratulations to Kelli and the ladies you really did bowl very well and deserve all the accolades that have been heaped upon you.

A big pat on the back goes to the Caboolture men on a well deserved win, we tried to peg you back but just couldn't seem to get there, and at the end of the day to have only 26 pins separating the GC & Caboolture teams in the overall shows how close the teams were.

Thanks to Jase & Kellie for their hospitality on Friday & Saturday night (and all the food) and a special thanks to Kellie for all the behind the scenes organising for the GC team.

Lastly a big thanks goes to all the staff at Bundy Bowl for helping the event run so smooth and to the Bundy Association for hosting such a great event.

A great tournament and a chance to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. Who says you need prizemoney to have a good time. Will I be back ?? you better frikken believe it !!! GO GOLD COAST !!!!...:D

how many days to go hammo ??

Congratulaions to all the winners this year, sounds like all had fun.
Thankyou for the scores and the photos. Jase did you start that fire?

I think you might find that the two men that were bowling on that lane, started the fire, the poor motor down the back couldn't keep up with all there strikes, lets just say they were from Caboolture...;)

Back
Top Bottom